PDA

View Full Version : ESPN offseason report card: Bills

YardRat
06-03-2012, 10:29 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/43004/afc-east-offseason-report-card-bills

What I liked: I was one of the first to predict the Bills would make a push for free-agent defensive end Mario Williams (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/9587/mario-williams), but I didn’t think the team had enough to lure him to Buffalo. Instead, the Bills went against their history and signed Williams to a $100 million contract with $50 million guaranteed.

What I didn't like: The Bills pretty much did everything they were set out to do. But one thing Buffalo may have missed on was to land a legitimate No. 2 receiver.

buffalobillsfan95
06-03-2012, 10:32 AM
A- is alright I guess, but I still feel like people are now looking for ways to bash us

better days
06-03-2012, 11:54 AM
"This has to be the best offseason for the Bills in recent memory" Are you kidding me, RECENT MEMORY? There are many young Bills fans that can't remember an off season this good in their LIFETIME.

The last offseason this good I can remember was the year the Bills traded for Bennett.

PTI
06-03-2012, 12:43 PM
B-, maybe lower.

Oaf
06-03-2012, 01:33 PM
"This has to be the best offseason for the Bills in recent memory" Are you kidding me, RECENT MEMORY? There are many young Bills fans that can't remember an off season this good in their LIFETIME.

The last offseason this good I can remember was the year the Bills traded for Bennett.
Spikes, Milloy, Fletcher year?

BidsJr
06-03-2012, 02:16 PM
B-, maybe lower.

Troll.

djjimkelly
06-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Spikes, Milloy, Fletcher year?

that was a solid offseason but this one is better because this group will make the playoffs at least in the next 2 seasons hopefully this year

psubills62
06-03-2012, 07:02 PM
A- is fine. They addressed a number of important positions (TE is another one I'd have liked to see them address), but #2 WR was the one thing truly lacking. We'll see how it turns out.

OpIv37
06-04-2012, 09:13 AM
A- is alright I guess, but I still feel like people are now looking for ways to bash us

It depends on your criteria for grading the off-season.

The Bills had far too many holes to fill in one off-season. So, one way to look at it is that the Bills filled some major holes and got the best player available not named Peyton Manning. The other way to look at it is that we still have some glaring weaknesses: No true #2 WR, unproven CB's, questionable T's, questionable LB's.

The moves we made were good, but we still need another 2 or 3 moves of that caliber- plus some depth- to be legit SB contenders.

Luisito23
06-04-2012, 10:11 AM
This year = wildcard, next year = SB!

better days
06-04-2012, 10:19 AM
It depends on your criteria for grading the off-season.

The Bills had far too many holes to fill in one off-season. So, one way to look at it is that the Bills filled some major holes and got the best player available not named Peyton Manning. The other way to look at it is that we still have some glaring weaknesses: No true #2 WR, unproven CB's, questionable T's, questionable LB's.

The moves we made were good, but we still need another 2 or 3 moves of that caliber- plus some depth- to be legit SB contenders.

My criteria is what was done in the offseason vs what could have been done.

IMO, the Bills got the BEST FA available & yes that includes Peyton OLD OVER THE HILL Manning. The Bills not only got the best FA, but picked up another GOOD pass rusher in Anderson & had a good draft.

I think the Bills filled as many holes as could be expected this off season & no other team in the entire NFL had as good an off season.

If the Bills do not deserve an A for this offseason, aside from the Broncos who should get a B, the next grade should be a D-.