X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buffalobillsfan95
    • Jan 2010

The playoff effect theory

This year, is the year everyone expects the bills to finally make the playoffs.

We made serious additions to the team with Mario and Anderson. That shows we want to win now. We went out and got 2 of the best pass rushers available and had a solid draft filling many gaps.

So it's common after all this to finally expect some post season.
    But what could happen when it does happen?

I think it will shake most the haters off, increase media attention with more popularity, and most importantly a future in buffalo.

With the lease about to expire, and over a decade of loosing, bills fans are becoming impatient to say the least. However if we make the playoffs, it would rejuvenate fans into billeaving again.

In other words, would u rather give a new lease or satadium to a loosing team or a bright winning team? Look at Minnesota this year. They tanked and I believed if they made the playoffs, the stadium situation could have been less severe.

But what if we tank this year?

That is probably the worst thing that could ever happen. We had our best fa signing, great draft, and good coaching in place now, since a decade ago. If that's not even good enough then I think it could get nasty.

There would be more hate, less fan support, and possibly a giant snag in stadium negotiations. Less people will want to circle the wagons for what they think is a dying or dead buffalo program.

In my opinion though, just getting to the playoffs this year can turn this franchise around for many years to come. But if we miss, we will loose a lot of needed support.

I don't care of my bills are breaking hearts though. I will always be a bills fan
    “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: The playoff effect theory

The lease will be done before the season starts, possibly even before training camp begins.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Oaf
      Do you read what you write?
      • Jun 2007

I don't know why people keep saying "THIS is the year expectations are to make the playoffs". The same proclamations are made every other season.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Oaf
        I don't know why people keep saying "THIS is the year expectations are to make the playoffs". The same proclamations are made every other season.
        Because of the obvious differences in acquiring and keeping players with talent, unlike other off seasons.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ServoBillieves
          The Voice of Reason
          • Jul 2007

Aren't we close to extending the lease? I thought I read that a few places
          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by YardRat
            Because of the obvious differences in acquiring and keeping players with talent, unlike other off seasons.
            When we signed TO to complement Lee Evans and put Josh Reed back in the slot, you weren't saying the exact same thing?

Comment

Working...
            X