PDA

View Full Version : Other NFL clubs “scared” of Bills

justasportsfan
06-12-2012, 12:24 PM
“I think Bills fans should be excited about the team,” Jaworski said. ”I applaud what Buddy Nix has done. The plan is in place. I believe Chan Gailey has done a tremendous job with this team. I think the future looks very, very bright in Buffalo. I’m in communication with 32 teams throughout the offseason. There are a lot of teams that are very scared of what the Buffalo Bills are doing. You see the addition of Mario Williams. It makes a huge statement that the Bills are committed to winning.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/06/12/other-nfl-clubs-scared-of-bills/

OpIv37
06-12-2012, 12:25 PM
I have a hard time believing that any other NFL team is "scared" of them until they do something on the field.

justasportsfan
06-12-2012, 12:26 PM
I have a hard time believing that any other NFL team is "scared" of them until they do something on the field.

Obviously , but I can see where they'd be scared by whats been done on paper.

Mr. Miyagi
06-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Maybe scared is the wrong word. I can see other teams are paying more attention to us now than like they would to the Browns or the Rams.

justasportsfan
06-12-2012, 12:39 PM
here's the audio

http://www.wgr550.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=5891529

stuckincincy
06-12-2012, 12:49 PM
“I think Bills fans should be excited about the team,” Jaworski said. ”I applaud what Buddy Nix has done. The plan is in place. I believe Chan Gailey has done a tremendous job with this team. I think the future looks very, very bright in Buffalo. I’m in communication with 32 teams throughout the offseason. There are a lot of teams that are very scared of what the Buffalo Bills are doing. You see the addition of Mario Williams. It makes a huge statement that the Bills are committed to winning.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/06/12/other-nfl-clubs-scared-of-bills/

Thud. An oft-injured huge cost DE coming off of injury, a DT starter coming off of injury, a rookie DB, a rookie LT that the rest of the Western world says is a guard, a cross-the-fingers lb corps, an unsigned 3rd round WR that made jaws drop because most though he was 5th or 6th round fodder, a qb play scheme limited to a 3-step drop quick toss, etc.

They deserve few preseason plaudits. IMO.

justasportsfan
06-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Thud. An oft-injured huge cost DE coming off of injury, a DT starter coming off of injury, a rookie DB, a rookie LT that the rest of the Western world says is a guard, a cross-the-fingers lb corps, an unsigned 3rd round WR that made jaws drop because most though the was 5th or 6th round fodder, a qb play scheme limited to a 3-step drop quick toss, etc.

this is what losing BZ does to a poster .

Meathead
06-12-2012, 12:57 PM
ralph is cheap

stuckincincy
06-12-2012, 01:00 PM
this is what losing BZ does to a poster .

Heh - you are right !

:jig:

OpIv37
06-12-2012, 01:01 PM
ralph is cheap

Ralph IS cheap. One signing is a step in the right direction, but it doesn't get him off the hook for the last 50 years.

justasportsfan
06-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Ralph IS cheap. One signing is a step in the right direction, but it doesn't get him off the hook for the last 50 years.

50 years? You're obviously exaggerating just because he has proven you wrong. Ralph spent money on players in the Kelly era having one of the highest paid player line-up then. He spent money during Donahoe's time on players like Drew, Spikes and co. He also dished out money during Levy's time with guys like Dockery and co. He's doing it again now.

He's spent money on the wrong people, thats for sure but you're wrong.

JCBills
06-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Thud. An oft-injured huge cost DE coming off of injury, a DT starter coming off of injury, a rookie DB, a rookie LT that the rest of the Western world says is a guard, a cross-the-fingers lb corps, an unsigned 3rd round WR that made jaws drop because most though he was 5th or 6th round fodder, a qb play scheme limited to a 3-step drop quick toss, etc.

Missing 3 games before tearing a muscle is oft-injured?

Lol.

ddaryl
06-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Really why the negativity.. I fail to see ANY reason at all to not just enjoy the offseason, and see what happens.

if it doesn't work out.. OH WELL. It's just a simple form of entertainment. But we wanted some impact this offseason and the Bills delivered, if what they did this off season isn't good enough to turn those frowns upside down, then nothing ever will.

Do we still have an ignore feature.. I personally only want to discuss the positives. i have no time for wallowing in others ridiculous expectation and misery

stuckincincy
06-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Lol - the jury is still out. Don't you wonder why/how the Bills had some sort of epiphany, hitherto unknown powers, signing MW to the fattest def. player contract ever, in record time? :skeptic:

justasportsfan
06-12-2012, 02:53 PM
I guess people are rying to say that the bills have potential defensively.

It's no different from wondering if Peyton could get back to form.

stuckincincy
06-12-2012, 03:54 PM
I guess people are rying to say that the bills have potential defensively.

It's no different from wondering if Peyton could get back to form.

Transcript from Groucho Marx' show -1954, titled "The Time God Appeared on 'You Bet Your Life tv show") Enjoy!

http://www.mattneuman.com/youbet.htm

Cali512
06-12-2012, 08:58 PM
This is stupid. The only time period were you coulda said that was Losman and on. Bleadsoe, Spikes, Fletcher, Milloy? Usually your smarter than this

Mike13
06-13-2012, 12:14 AM
ralph is cheap

and mumified.

Meathead
06-13-2012, 01:15 AM
jaws sounded two sheets to the wind in that interview. he got pulled off a golf charity event to make the call so im not surprised. he was offering to invite the radio hosts to call him any time and to come to espn to watch film breakdowns with him. i thought for sure he was going to end the interview with i love you guys

YardRat
06-13-2012, 05:30 AM

Attaboy. Don't let facts get in the way of a good opinion.

Night Train
06-13-2012, 05:51 AM
Agreed.

Respect the off-season effort...yes. That would have been the more accurate comment.

Historian
06-13-2012, 05:51 AM
I think the only thing that scares the rest of the league about thwe Bills, is what they would cost to buy...

jamze132
06-13-2012, 06:11 AM

I wouldn't call him cheap. I would call him fiscally irresponsible.

gr8slayer
06-13-2012, 07:34 AM
They've got a long way to go before anyone is "scared".