• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Tom Modrak is back!

If you ask almost any Bills fan who was to blame for the Bills most universally horrible drafts before Buddy Nix rode into town the answer you’ll most often here in Tom Modrak. Now of course these aren’t Modrak’s fault, after all he wasn’t even the GM. However when he was brought into Buffalo as a draft wizard of sorts, he had spent time with Pittsburgh and Philadelphia and had done great things in their drafts for them.
    For some of you this will not sit well at all.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Tom Modrak is back!

interesting to see what Nix will do
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Well, no point in wasting money on Blesto anymore.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I don't understand why people insist on defending anyone associated with the Bills post- 2000.

Ralph, Donahoe, Modrak, Guy, Overdorf, Brandon, Marv- they all have the proverbial blood on their hands.

And just for the record, I'm a huge fan of what Marv did as a coach, but I can't let that cloud my observation over his failed tenure as GM.

As far as the original topic goes, I really don't see it as a big deal at all. Modrak is one staffer working for a scouting service that the Bills use as part of their analysis. I'd prefer that he had no hand in it whatsoever, but he has no decision-making authority and is only one of many sources of information for player evaluation. It's too small of a link to get upset about.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

and btw it's not often that we get a MR thread title of the day in BZ, but we got one today!
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

Ugh.
            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Eh - it's the old thing...an ounce of pull is worth a pound of push.
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Mercy
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                and btw it's not often that we get a MR thread title of the day in BZ, but we got one today!
                Hey!
                Victory for the forces of Democratic freedom
                Live by the foma that make you brave and kind and healthy and happy

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Kind of mis-leading title.

he was hired by a scouting service. I seriously doubt the Bills go on blind faith of any service.... So it stil comes down to our own scouts, and Nix/Whaley

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

Looks like a service that's about as useful to NFL teams as Mel Kiper and other draft "geniuses". I'm sure the Bills, and every other NFL team for that matter, will trust their own scouts over that.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                      I don't understand why people insist on defending anyone associated with the Bills post- 2000.

Ralph, Donahoe, Modrak, Guy, Overdorf, Brandon, Marv- they all have the proverbial blood on their hands.

And just for the record, I'm a huge fan of what Marv did as a coach, but I can't let that cloud my observation over his failed tenure as GM.

As far as the original topic goes, I really don't see it as a big deal at all. Modrak is one staffer working for a scouting service that the Bills use as part of their analysis. I'd prefer that he had no hand in it whatsoever, but he has no decision-making authority and is only one of many sources of information for player evaluation. It's too small of a link to get upset about.
                      Not one staffer, he is the Director of Scouting.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl View Post
                        Kind of mis-leading title.

he was hired by a scouting service. I seriously doubt the Bills go on blind faith of any service.... So it stil comes down to our own scouts, and Nix/Whaley

Not really mis-leading. He's back involved and has a direction connection to Bills scouting and draft, no?

He was hired by a scouting service the Bills subscribe to, do you think they subscribe to a service they have no use for?

Now do I think BLESTO is the end all be all for the Bills scouting? No, but I dont think the opposite is correct either. I think BLESTO plays it role with the amount of rankings and reports they give to their subscribers.
                        Last edited by DraftBoy; 06-12-2012, 02:20 PM.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                          Looks like a service that's about as useful to NFL teams as Mel Kiper and other draft "geniuses". I'm sure the Bills, and every other NFL team for that matter, will trust their own scouts over that.

That would be false.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            • May 2009

This thread title is bunk.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

As a subscriber, the Bills get info on players from Blesto, but the Bills supplement that with a lot of info from their own scouts and research, then it's the Bills responsibility to take that info and use their best judgment on who to draft when their turn comes up. As has been stated already, there is plenty of blame to go around for the bad drafts prior to Buddy Nix being named as GM. Modrak deserves some of it, but so do a lot of others. I see no point in carrying a grudge over it.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X