PDA

View Full Version : TE Chandler continues to impress

YardRat
06-12-2012, 07:54 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/19340370

TE Scott Chandler (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/408163/scott-chandler)'s breakout 2011 season has continued OTAs. Chandler made several impressive catches, and the Bills (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/BUF/buffalo-bills) said he can build upon his eye-opening campaign. "He and (QB Ryan Fitzpatrick (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/547043/ryan-fitzpatrick)) have a great feel for each other at this point in time," coach Chan Gailey said. "He's made some plays down the field, he's a big target. I see nothing but more positive things for him happening in the future."

Night Train
06-13-2012, 04:37 AM
Fine by me. Feed him the ball early and often.

jamze132
06-13-2012, 06:14 AM
He was arguable our best player in the redzone. And that says a lot when you have Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller.

ddaryl
06-13-2012, 07:29 AM
People screamed we need to upgrade the TE position this offseason, but guys like Chandler are developing well

TigerJ
06-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Scott Chandler is good at what he does, but he is a bit one dimensional. He doesn't have great speed, and he's not a great blocker. He's the kind of player the Bills should hold on to, but if you have a chance to pick up a tight end who can stretch the field more, and you don't have other more critical holes, then you should do it. The Bills have made sure they have a solid blocking tight end, and they signed Dorin Dickerson to try and add the speed Chandler lacks. Dickerson is on the small side for a tight end and will have to play more of an H-back role, but I think adding him constitutes a bit of recognition by the Bills that there are areas of Scott Chandler's game where he's lacking.

tatersalad
06-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Funny how things work out with continuity in the coaching staff and the scheme

psubills62
06-13-2012, 02:07 PM
TE is not that important of a position, but I'd still like to upgrade it. Personally, I'd love to see an athletic, receiver-type freak as the #1, then the #2 would be a sturdy, consistent blocking type.

Of course, that's assuming we don't find a Jason Witten type who can do both - those are generally harder to find.

Next year's draft...

BillsOverDolphins
06-13-2012, 02:09 PM
We DO need to upgrade this position. We have one viable TE right now and he disappears between the 20's

Beebe
06-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Scott's commercial that has a Scottish dude who says, 'On a morning of tiny voices crying out, “feed us. FITZ feed it,feed it.

MattyNH
06-14-2012, 08:34 AM
Scott Chandler is good at what he does, but he is a bit one dimensional. He doesn't have great speed, and he's not a great blocker. He's the kind of player the Bills should hold on to, but if you have a chance to pick up a tight end who can stretch the field more, and you don't have other more critical holes, then you should do it. The Bills have made sure they have a solid blocking tight end, and they signed Dorin Dickerson to try and add the speed Chandler lacks. Dickerson is on the small side for a tight end and will have to play more of an H-back role, but I think adding him constitutes a bit of recognition by the Bills that there are areas of Scott Chandler's game where he's lacking.

I agree with your assessment of Chandler, Bills fans have had nothing at that position in so long, when something average comes along, it looks like gold. The truth his, Chandler is average in the pass catching department AND in blocking. Yeah he can get better some but he will never the a dynamic TE you are seeing today. What is worse is that there is nothing behind him. If he goes down, we have nothing! I don't get why they did not bring in a vet like Scaife. I mean they don't even have legitimate 12 personel at this point as starters let alone backups.

justasportsfan
06-14-2012, 09:23 AM
he doesn't stretch the field but he didn't do so bad in his first year with a new qb and system that he didn't have a full off season to work with

stuckincincy
06-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Pfft.

BUF hasn't cared to get a TE that made a difference for a near a couple of decades. Chandler is just another in their long line of mediocre podunks.

better days
06-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Pfft.

BUF hasn't cared to get a TE that made a difference for a near a couple of decades. Chandler is just another in their long line of mediocre podunks.

I would have loved for the Bills to draft Gronk or Hernandez, but will all the holes on the team at the time of that draft, TE was down on the list on things that needed to be fixed. Now with a more complete team hopefully the Bills will address the TE issue next year. In the meantime, Chandler is much better that the previous mediocre podunks.

justasportsfan
06-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Metzelaars is gonna turn Chandler into the next Gonzo.................... not really

JCBills
06-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Lee Smith is still on the roster. Highly touted coming out of Marshall, considered a dual threat receiver / blocker. I'd like to see how he develops.

He has Gronk size at 6'6'' 269 Lbs, got cut behind Gronk and Hernandez as a rookie and picked up by Buffalo. Pretty athletic for how big he is too.

ddaryl
06-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Pfft.

Disagree.. Chandler has definitely shown some receiving skills. this team just hasn't utilize the TE much, and last year we had to keep TE's in to help our porous blocking due to OL injuries and depth issues