PDA

View Full Version : Johnson gives Gilmore a Revis measuring stick

YardRat
06-12-2012, 08:01 PM
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/06/johnson-gives-gilmore-a-revis-measuring-stick.html

Stephon Gilmore is eager to discover how well he can play cornerback in the NFL, and he's waiting on one particular Buffalo Bills teammate to help him find out.

Gilmore is curious how effectively he'll compete against receiver Stevie Johnson, who has been held out of team drills while recovering from groin surgery.

Gilmore knows he can better measure himself against the best cornerbacks in the league by matching up with Johnson every day.

"He's had great games against great cornerbacks in the league," Gilmore said, "and I'm looking forward to playing physical with him and him teaching me stuff that I don't know."

Johnson, maybe more than any other receiver, has had New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis' number the past two years. Revis is considered the gold standard at his position, but he hasn't flashed his usual dominance against the Bills.

In Johnson's past four games against the Jets, he has 19 receptions for 262 yards and a pair of touchdowns.

Those numbers might not seem too gaudy, but when you consider they would translate into a season of 76 catches for 1,048 yards and eight touchdowns against an elite, shutdown cornerback, the production is remarkable.

jamze132
06-13-2012, 06:18 AM
It's obvious Stevie saves his best for Revis. He impressed the hell out of me last year. But I would expect for Revis to have a better showing this year, especially WK 1.

alnilla
06-13-2012, 07:54 AM
Our defense getting better is only helping the offense get better. Cant wait for the season!

OpIv37
06-13-2012, 07:58 AM
Revis is going to destroy us this year. He has to be sick and tired of hearing about how Stevie owns him.

stuckincincy
06-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Revis is going to destroy us this year. He has to be sick and tired of hearing about how Stevie owns him.

In a just world, Revis would be flagged for 4 holds and 3 pass interferences per game.

justasportsfan
06-13-2012, 10:20 AM

Maybe it's the other way around. Stevie will destroy him , again.

OpIv37
06-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Maybe it's the other way around. Stevie will destroy him , again.

I don't see it that way. These guys have huge egos and it has to bug the **** out of him that everyone talks about Stevie owning him.

On top of that, Stevie's good but he's not THAT good. If he was, he would completely dominate lesser CB's. I don't think "dominant" is an adequate description for most of Stevie's performances.

Revis will get him eventually and it won't be pretty.

mikemac2001
06-13-2012, 12:17 PM
I don't see it that way. These guys have huge egos and it has to bug the **** out of him that everyone talks about Stevie owning him.

On top of that, Stevie's good but he's not THAT good. If he was, he would completely dominate lesser CB's. I don't think "dominant" is an adequate description for most of Stevie's performances.

Or maybe the bills are sick of the jets kicking there ass and hearing **** about it before and after games.....jets have been hating on the bills for the past 2 years

PromoTheRobot
06-13-2012, 12:26 PM

If Revis is that good why did he let Stevie own him in the first place?

PTR

justasportsfan
06-13-2012, 12:38 PM

Are you telling me that Revis just grew an ego now and will destroy us all of a sudden? Don't tell me that Revis is the only one with an ego, Stevie has that in him too. Have you forgotten his prepared celebrations?

Didn't you say in another thread "talk is cheap"? Well you're all talk on Revis' behalf. He could destroy us but don't talk like it's a done deal because Stevie can own him and there's proof that he's done that.

psubills62
06-13-2012, 01:03 PM

I'm having a hard time understanding why you believe this. Aren't you the one who refuses to believe things will change unless you see absolute, hard evidence? Yet in this case you have no problem with it. There's no evidence things will change. Just because Revis wants things to be different doesn't mean it will be. You don't think Revis tried a little harder during the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th games against Stevie?

Stevie is plenty good, and I think the most likely explanation is that he's of the type that does well against Revis (more physical, gets off the line well, disciplined route runner, etc., rather than athletic freaks like most teams have as their WR's).

Revis is more concerned with his contract this offseason than helping the team cover Stevie Johnson, or so it seems.

OpIv37
06-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Or maybe the bills are sick of the jets kicking there ass and hearing **** about it before and after games.....jets have been hating on the bills for the past 2 years

Of course they have. They're division rivals. What do you expect them to do? Talk about how great we are?

- - - Updated - - -

If Revis is that good why did he let Stevie own him in the first place?

PTR

Good players have bad games. We can't expect Revis to be having them against Stevie every time.

mikemac2001
06-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Of course they have. They're division rivals. What do you expect them to do? Talk about how great we are?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes but saying revis will play better bc stevie beat him in previous game is the same as saying the bills will beat them because the jets beat the bills in previous games.

obviously they talk crap just showing how the statement could go either way

OpIv37
06-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Are you telling me that Revis just grew an ego now and will destroy us all of a sudden? Don't tell me that Revis is the only one with an ego, Stevie has that in him too. Have you forgotten his prepared celebrations?

Didn't you say in another thread "talk is cheap"? Well you're all talk on Revis' behalf. He could destroy us but don't talk like it's a done deal because Stevie can own him and there's proof that he's done that.

I'm saying that all the talk about Stevie owning him is going to be additional motivation for Revis. Stevie's already having his ego placated by all this talk about how he owns Revis. Meanwhile, Revis is having his ego taken down a peg. Hence, motivation.

justasportsfan
06-13-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm saying that all the talk about Stevie owning him is going to be additional motivation for Revis. Stevie's already having his ego placated by all this talk about how he owns Revis. Meanwhile, Revis is having his ego taken down a peg. Hence, motivation.

Brady owns us and the bills have motivation . Does this mean Kyle is going to destroy Brady and the PAts?

The last buffalo fan
06-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Good players have bad games. We can't expect Revis to be having them against Stevie every time.

In Johnson's past four games against the Jets, he has 19 receptions for 262 yards and a pair of touchdowns.

That is something like 4.75 catches a game and 13.78 yds per catch and 1 td every other game. I'm not a numbers guy, but for a no name receiver against an elite CB, those numbers look pretty good to me.

psubills62
06-13-2012, 01:41 PM
What exactly has Revis said or done that makes you think he's motivated to shut down Stevie?

My goodness, the amount of speculation, assumption, etc. in this argument is incredible.

OpIv37
06-13-2012, 02:11 PM
What exactly has Revis said or done that makes you think he's motivated to shut down Stevie?

My goodness, the amount of speculation, assumption, etc. in this argument is incredible.

He's a pro athlete. Ego is par from the course. Yes, there's speculation, but it's not by any means incredible.

- - - Updated - - -

That is something like 4.75 catches a game and 13.78 yds per catch and 1 td every other game. I'm not a numbers guy, but for a no name receiver against an elite CB, those numbers look pretty good to me.

This isn't 2010. Stevie Johnson is far from a no-name receiver.

Meathead
06-13-2012, 02:18 PM
what revis does wont matter if mario is wiping sukchez off his jersey like a squashed bug

BillsOverDolphins
06-13-2012, 02:21 PM
I'll bet anybody here any amount of money that this trend doesn't continue in Week 1. Revis will finally get the better of him. I like Stevie's chances in the 2nd meeting, though

psubills62
06-13-2012, 02:35 PM
He's a pro athlete. Ego is par from the course. Yes, there's speculation, but it's not by any means incredible.

Yes it is incredible.

First, you're assuming that Revis gives a damn what people say about him vs. Stevie. Second, you're speculating that he's going to take it personally and work to get better at shutting Stevie down, which he couldn't do before. Third, you're assuming that this hasn't happened before (After all, it's not like this was one game - it's been four games and counting, and every time people assume Revis will step it up and shut Stevie down). Fourth, you're assuming Stevie won't continue to work to get better. Fifth, you're speculating that Stevie is getting puffed up emotionally and thus will take overconfidence into the Jets game, who we admittedly haven't beaten in how many games? 6 or so?

So again - where is any evidence to support this outside of "Revis is a pro athlete"? That's nice - all of these guys are pro athletes. Doesn't mean that hurting their ego makes them better. That's like saying that McKelvin's motivation to get better is enormous after getting burned constantly last year, so that means he'll shut down all the receivers that come against him this year.

justasportsfan
06-13-2012, 02:37 PM
I'll bet anybody here any amount of money that this trend doesn't continue in Week 1. Revis will finally get the better of him. I like Stevie's chances in the 2nd meeting, though

I won't be surprised if he does, but to simply dismiss Stevie having the same success just because Revis all of a sudden grew an ego or that he's a pro is assanine. Last time I checked, Stevie is a pro too.

OpIv37
06-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Yes it is incredible.

First, you're assuming that Revis gives a damn what people say about him vs. Stevie. Second, you're speculating that he's going to take it personally and work to get better at shutting Stevie down, which he couldn't do before. Third, you're assuming that this hasn't happened before (After all, it's not like this was one game - it's been four games and counting, and every time people assume Revis will step it up and shut Stevie down). Fourth, you're assuming Stevie won't continue to work to get better. Fifth, you're speculating that Stevie is getting puffed up emotionally and thus will take overconfidence into the Jets game, who we admittedly haven't beaten in how many games? 6 or so?

So again - where is any evidence to support this outside of "Revis is a pro athlete"? That's nice - all of these guys are pro athletes. Doesn't mean that hurting their ego makes them better. That's like saying that McKelvin's motivation to get better is enormous after getting burned constantly last year, so that means he'll shut down all the receivers that come against him this year.

I never said anything about Stevie being overconfident- you pulled that out of thin air. As far as the rest of it, well, that's what pro athletes generally do. Sure, it's speculation- Revis could be the exception to the rule- but it's not by any means incredible and certainly not as incredible as you are trying to make it sound.

And there's a BIG difference between Revis and McKelvin. Revis' poor play against Stevie is the exception for him, not the rule. McKelvin's poor play is the rule.

BillsOverDolphins
06-13-2012, 03:15 PM
True, but I think people are overreacting to what Op said. Revis is easily the best corner in the game, and you're not the best in the league at your position without having a crazy competitive edge. Revis's preparation is 2nd-to-none. For christ's sake the dude tries on his opponent's cleats before the game to see what kind of traction and cutting the WR he's covering will get. You don't think he's well aware of Stevie having success against, and furthermore THAT much more determined to stop him? It's like pitchers who always remember if a particular batter homered off them.

OpIv37
06-13-2012, 03:15 PM
I won't be surprised if he does, but to simply dismiss Stevie having the same success just because Revis all of a sudden grew an ego or that he's a pro is assanine. Last time I checked, Stevie is a pro too.

I never said that at all.

Revis is a talented pro who plays well against everyone except Stevie. Stevie is a good WR but doesn't have the success against every CB in the game that he has against Revis. Sooner or later it will even out. The ego is just going to be the motivating factor for Revis.

psubills62
06-13-2012, 03:20 PM
I never said anything about Stevie being overconfident- you pulled that out of thin air. As far as the rest of it, well, that's what pro athletes generally do. Sure, it's speculation- Revis could be the exception to the rule- but it's not by any means incredible and certainly not as incredible as you are trying to make it sound.

And there's a BIG difference between Revis and McKelvin. Revis' poor play against Stevie is the exception for him, not the rule. McKelvin's poor play is the rule.

I'd say the bolded implies Stevie is overconfident. At the least, you're implying he isn't going to work to get better because his ego is being "placated."

So if all the pro athletes are getting better, then that means they're all on even levels again and none of them are getting ahead of the other. Unless you're saying Stevie is the exception to the rule?

There's no evidence and the speculation is incredible. You're trying to argue that Revis will do something he's never done before, despite having 4 chances. Even if he's motivated (which I think is BS, there's been nothing to show Revis is motivated to do anything this offseason besides get a better contract), that doesn't mean he's going to be able to do anything about it.

psubills62
06-13-2012, 03:21 PM
True, but I think people are overreacting to what Op said. Revis is easily the best corner in the game, and you're not the best in the league at your position without having a crazy competitive edge. Revis's preparation is 2nd-to-none. For christ's sake the dude tries on his opponent's cleats before the game to see what kind of traction and cutting the WR he's covering will get. You don't think he's well aware of Stevie having success against, and furthermore THAT much more determined to stop him? It's like pitchers who always remember if a particular batter homered off them.
That's great and all. But why hasn't Revis stopped him yet? He's had four tries. If it was as flukey as you and Op make it sound, why hasn't Revis stopped him yet?

BillsOverDolphins
06-13-2012, 03:24 PM
That's great and all. But why hasn't Revis stopped him yet? He's had four tries. If it was as flukey as you and Op make it sound, why hasn't Revis stopped him yet?

Probably because the score is 27-3 at some point everytime we play, and he coasts on the outside knowing the game is wrapped up

psubills62
06-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Probably because the score is 27-3 at some point everytime we play, and he coasts on the outside knowing the game is wrapped up
We'll forget the fact that you're assuming Stevie's production only comes after the game is out of reach for now.

That goes against the ego theory. Revis has pride in knowing he shuts players down. If he's that much of a professional and a great player, he doesn't coast. His ego will demand that he shut down the receivers entirely.

Also, if that's what he does, then why don't we hear of other receivers on bad teams doing well against Revis?

Finally, the last way to refute this horrible theory of coasting is to say that if that's true...then he has no motivation to try and shut Stevie down in Week 1. Because he knows he can, he just coasts and lets up a few catches. So no big deal, right?

BillsOverDolphins
06-13-2012, 03:39 PM
We'll forget the fact that you're assuming Stevie's production only comes after the game is out of reach for now.

That goes against the ego theory. Revis has pride in knowing he shuts players down. If he's that much of a professional and a great player, he doesn't coast. His ego will demand that he shut down the receivers entirely.

Also, if that's what he does, then why don't we hear of other receivers on bad teams doing well against Revis?

Finally, the last way to refute this horrible theory of coasting is to say that if that's true...then he has no motivation to try and shut Stevie down in Week 1. Because he knows he can, he just coasts and lets up a few catches. So no big deal, right?

aye yay yay. I'll bet you a c-note he holds Stevie to <5 catches and <50 yards in Week 1.

Deal?

justasportsfan
06-13-2012, 03:47 PM
I never said that at all.

Revis is a talented pro who plays well against everyone except Stevie. Stevie is a good WR but doesn't have the success against every CB in the game that he has against Revis. Sooner or later it will even out. The ego is just going to be the motivating factor for Revis.

You pretty much said that Revis will destroy us period. And Stevie has no motivation to succeed vs. the best corner in the league?

mayotm
06-13-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm saying that all the talk about Stevie owning him is going to be additional motivation for Revis. Stevie's already having his ego placated by all this talk about how he owns Revis. Meanwhile, Revis is having his ego taken down a peg. Hence, motivation.Is Revis a member of the Bills Zone or some other Bills chat room? If not, I don't think he's heard much (if any) discussion about Stevie owning him.

BillsOverDolphins
06-13-2012, 03:55 PM
aye yay yay. I'll bet you a c-note he holds Stevie to <5 catches and <50 yards in Week 1.

Deal?

*crickets* *crickets*

YardRat
06-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Of course Revis is going to be motivated to shut down Stevie. That doesn't mean he can do it, though.

Pretty sure Marino was pretty motivated against the Kelly-led Bills whenever they met up, but that didn't change the outcome that much, and things didn't 'even out'.

Maybe this is just one of those cases where Revis simply is Johnson's *****, and that's going to be the 'rule' not the 'exception', regardless of what Revis does to attempt to reverse it. Will SJ always own Revis, every time they play? Probably not, but I'll take the majority of 'wins' with a 'loss' tossed in here and there over the long haul.

PromoTheRobot
06-13-2012, 05:29 PM

Yeah that's it. A bad day. Maybe he was thinking of his contract.

PTR

psubills62
06-13-2012, 08:29 PM

Deal?
I don't bet, period. I'm discussing why people think Revis will suddenly shut down Stevie, especially after he couldn't do it 4 times in a row.

OpIv37
06-13-2012, 10:38 PM
I'd say the bolded implies Stevie is overconfident. At the least, you're implying he isn't going to work to get better because his ego is being "placated."

So if all the pro athletes are getting better, then that means they're all on even levels again and none of them are getting ahead of the other. Unless you're saying Stevie is the exception to the rule?

There's no evidence and the speculation is incredible. You're trying to argue that Revis will do something he's never done before, despite having 4 chances. Even if he's motivated (which I think is BS, there's been nothing to show Revis is motivated to do anything this offseason besides get a better contract), that doesn't mean he's going to be able to do anything about it.
Revis has never done it before? Bull****. He's never shut down Stevie but he's shut down plenty of WRs, some of whom are better than Stevie. And 4 is a very small sample size. It's nonsense to say it can't be done and it's nonsense to say that all this talk about Stevie owning him wont motivate him.

Mike
06-13-2012, 11:27 PM
I don't bet, period. I'm discussing why people think Revis will suddenly shut down Stevie, especially after he couldn't do it 4 times in a row.

Everyone has their price. It's just a matter of how confident you are.

Extremebillsfan247
06-14-2012, 01:19 AM
Personally, I just hope the Bills offense is effective enough to where Stevie Johnson doesn't have to destroy Revis. I just want to see this team win. If you can still win with your top receiver being taken out of the picture, that's an even bigger statement than Stevie beating Revis. JMO

YardRat
06-14-2012, 05:18 AM
Revis has never done it before? Bull****. He's never shut down Stevie but he's shut down plenty of WRs, some of whom are better than Stevie. And 4 is a very small sample size. It's nonsense to say it can't be done and it's nonsense to say that all this talk about Stevie owning him wont motivate him.

It's the only four games SJ has started against the Jets.

OpIv37
06-14-2012, 07:34 AM
It's the only four games SJ has started against the Jets.

It's still too small a sample size to draw any conclusions. If a QB comes in at the end of a blowout and goes 4 for 4, he doesn't get bumped to the top of the passing rankings for having 100% completions.

If you look at their overall careers, Revis isn't as bad as his games against Stevie and Stevie isn't as good as his games against Revis. There is always the outside chance that Stevie is in Revis' head and it's just one of those sports situations where one player always owns the other player, but the statistical probability is that the numbers will even out over time.

justasportsfan
06-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Personally, I just hope the Bills offense is effective enough to where Stevie Johnson doesn't have to destroy Revis.

this

justasportsfan
06-14-2012, 09:08 AM
It's still too small a sample size to draw any conclusions.

but you drew a conclusion from even less of an example than that

OpIv37
06-14-2012, 09:27 AM
but you drew a conclusion from even less of an example than that

where and when?

justasportsfan
06-14-2012, 09:29 AM
where and when?

OpIv37
06-14-2012, 09:34 AM
what?

Saying Revis is tired of hearing about how Stevie owns him has nothing to do with the number of games they played against each other. It has to do with his reaction to the media coverage of it.

justasportsfan
06-14-2012, 09:41 AM
what?

Saying Revis is tired of hearing about how Stevie owns him has nothing to do with the number of games they played against each other. It has to do with his reaction to the media coverage of it.
you came to the conclusion that Revis will destroy us because he's tired of hearing (no proof of that) about Stevie owning him . Some people can make a conclusion that continue to make plays vs. Revis because there are facts to back it up.

Talk is cheap ( you're talking for Revis) compared to proof.

OpIv37
06-14-2012, 09:44 AM
you came to the conclusion that Revis will destroy us because he's tired of hearing (no proof of that) about Stevie owning him . Some people can make a conclusion that continue to make plays vs. Revis because there are facts to back it up.

Talk is cheap ( you're talking for Revis) compared to proof.

I don't have time for a stupid argument today.

If you don't think Revis is frustrated by his performances against Johnson and the media coverage of it, you are fooling yourself.

justasportsfan
06-14-2012, 09:53 AM

If you don't think Revis is frustrated by his performances against Johnson and the media coverage of it, you are fooling yourself.
lol. He may be tired but that doesn't mean Stevie cant have success against him since he already has. For someone who talks about what's been proven in the past, you're contradicting yourself.

OpIv37
06-14-2012, 10:04 AM
lol. He may be tired but that doesn't mean Stevie cant have success against him since he already has. For someone who talks about what's been proven in the past, you're contradicting yourself.

I never said Stevie can't have success against Revis.

I said that's not what I expect to happen.

And if you want to talk about performances in the past, look at how Revis performs against every other WR in the league. The guy can play and his performances against Stevie are a statistical anomaly. It's not the norm for him, which is why I don't expect it to continue.

JCBills
06-14-2012, 10:47 AM
It's still too small a sample size to draw any conclusions. If a QB comes in at the end of a blowout and goes 4 for 4, he doesn't get bumped to the top of the passing rankings for having 100% completions.

If you look at their overall careers, Revis isn't as bad as his games against Stevie and Stevie isn't as good as his games against Revis. There is always the outside chance that Stevie is in Revis' head and it's just one of those sports situations where one player always owns the other player, but the statistical probability is that the numbers will even out over time.

Gona disagree with that. If you take Stevie's 4 starts and stretch it to 16 games you get:

76 Rec - 1048 Yds - 8 TD

Solid numbers by any means, especially strictly against a top corner, and pretty much on par with Johnson's 16 game numbers over the last 2 seasons:

76 Rec - 1004 Yds - 7 TD
82 Rec - 1073 Yds - 10 TD

justasportsfan
06-14-2012, 11:08 AM

And if you want to talk about performances in the past, look at how Revis performs against every other WR in the league. The guy can play and his performances against Stevie are a statistical anomaly. It's not the norm for him, which is why I don't expect it to continue.

So how is Revis going to destroy us when he is the one guarding Stevie?

psubills62
06-14-2012, 11:39 AM

Because you have quotes saying he is frustrated? Seems to me like he doesn't care at all about Johnson right now. Unless of course, by Stevie Johnson, you mean contract.

psubills62
06-14-2012, 11:42 AM
Everyone has their price. It's just a matter of how confident you are.
I don't bet.

And frankly, you guys are ignoring the point of the discussion. It really doesn't matter if Revis (or a double team with safety help) shuts down Stevie Johnson or not. The point is that the arguments you're using are beyond bogus. The logic used is independent of the conclusion.

For example, I could say "grass is purple, so the sun will rise in the east." Then, since the sun rose in the east, that proves grass is purple, right? Just because the conclusion is correct doesn't mean the logic is sound.

BillsOverDolphins
06-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Funny how nobody bets on this site.:lol:

OpIv37
06-14-2012, 01:14 PM
I don't bet.

And frankly, you guys are ignoring the point of the discussion. It really doesn't matter if Revis (or a double team with safety help) shuts down Stevie Johnson or not. The point is that the arguments you're using are beyond bogus. The logic used is independent of the conclusion.

For example, I could say "grass is purple, so the sun will rise in the east." Then, since the sun rose in the east, that proves grass is purple, right? Just because the conclusion is correct doesn't mean the logic is sound.

BS analogy.

If you think NFL players having egos and being motivated by going up against certain rivals is the equivalent of grass being purple, you haven't been paying much attention.

Bill Cody
06-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Not buying this "extra motivation" thing. A big reason why Revis is a top corner is he doesn't take plays off. He's tried his best against SJ, there's no doubt about that. And Johnson has done well. A lot of teams don't throw much against Revis which is another reason why his #'s are so good. We can't afford that luxury, we're going to go to SJ. And for whatever reason Johnson is confident against Revis and that confidence is based on results. Saying Revis is going to "destroy us" is just negative speculation, nothing more.

justasportsfan
06-14-2012, 02:16 PM
I guess Revis was not motivated the few times he had to cover Stevie.

YardRat
06-14-2012, 06:14 PM

Again, that conclusion is flawed. It didn't even out over time for Marino against Kelly. It didn't even out over time for Shula against Levy. It hasn't evened out over time for the Bills against Brady.

Would you use the same logic with NE vs Buffalo? "Oh, the Bills are going to destroy the Patriots this season because they are tired of hearing how NE owns them."

I think not.

The last buffalo fan
06-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Would you use the same logic with NE vs Buffalo? "Oh, the Bills are going to destroy the Patriots this season because they are tired of hearing how NE owns them."

I think not.

Wanna bet?

:snicker:

psubills62
06-14-2012, 09:54 PM
BS analogy.

If you think NFL players having egos and being motivated by going up against certain rivals is the equivalent of grass being purple, you haven't been paying much attention.
It's a fine analogy. If Revis does shut down Stevie in the first game, does that mean you were right? Not necessarily - what if Stevie is actually playing hurt, or what if the Bills game plan to try and go elsewhere with the ball, or what if it's actually safety help that causes a double team to shut him down?

Rivals? Since when is a team that you've beaten 6 or more times in a row a rival?

I never said NFL players didn't have egos. I simply believe you're REALLY stretching things to assume all the steps in between "Revis has an ego," and "therefore, Revis will shut down Stevie Johnson."

Unless

psubills62
06-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Are we talking about him shutting down "plenty of WR's" or are we talking about him shutting down Stevie? Last I knew, it was the latter, which means he's never done it. So it's not BS.

Did I say it can't be done? Don't remember saying that. Here's what I'm saying: right now you have zero evidence (speculation doesn't count) to say that Revis will shut down Stevie.

Think of it like the Patriots and the Bills last year. Before the year started, what evidence was there to suggest the Bills would beat the Patriots? None, and you would have lambasted anyone who thought there was. Yet the Bills did beat the Patriots. Just because the Bills happened to beat the Patriots doesn't mean someone who acted like it was definitive was in the right.

Bill Cody
06-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Ok. Think we've covered this. PSU if you're thinking you can wear down OP or get him to see your point don't bother. He won't. Pretty sure he's never been wrong about anything.

Santeexia
06-16-2012, 02:31 AM
Hi! Я думаю, что данное сообщение может быть немного не по теме, не знаю к месту ли, но просто хочу рассказать про свой опыт. Мой свояк попал в замок в г.Москве - конечно там фигово. Я ему малявила, поддерживала его. Но письма ползли ужасно долго, некоторые может и не докостыляли вовсе!!! Обнаружила >>> http://fsin-pismo.ru <<< Я даже обалдела что можно накатать прямо ТУДА. До чего дошел технический прогресс как далеко двинула техника в тюряге. Отношусь с пессимизьмом, но тут в натуре круто. Отправила письмо и оно дошло до Лехи УЖЕ К ВЕЧЕРУ! на мою почту на комп. Сейчас уже постоянно пользуюсь этим сервисом. Леху перекинули в Екатеринбург в колонию - там это тоже фурычит. Хочу просто сказать, что девоньки у кого такая беда в жизни пользуйтесь возможностью - посылайте письма родным кто томится за решеткой. Делюсь со всеми бедолагами – пишите с сайта, не стремайтесь, шлёпайте письма пряма с интернета. Это им очень помогает. Быстрая весточка - и дурь в башку не лезет.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello! Я понимаю, что данное сообщение может быть немного не по теме, не знаю к месту ли, но просто поделиться удачным ходом. Мой дружбан попал в кутузку в г.Москве - конечно там грустно. Я ему слала подгоны, поддерживала его. Но письма шли ужасно долго, некоторые может и пропали в нашей почте вовсе!!! Случайно наткнулась >>> http://fsin-pismo.ru <<< офигела что есть такая возможность. 21 век на дворе как далеко двинула техника в тюряге. Отношусь с пессимизьмом, но тут фурычит. Отправила письмо и оно дошло до Лехи УЖЕ К ВЕЧЕРУ! на мое мыло. Сейчас уже постоянно пользуюсь этим сервисом. Леху перекинули в Екатеринбург в колонию - там это тоже пашет. Хочу просто сказать, что девоньки у кого такая беда в жизни пользуйтесь возможностью - посылайте письма родным кто ТАМ. Делюсь со всеми бедолагами – пишите с сайта, не стремайтесь, шлёпайте письма пряма с интернета. Это им очень помогает. Быстрая весточка - и дурь в башку не лезет.

YardRat
06-16-2012, 05:49 AM
Hi! Я думаю, что данное сообщение может быть немного не по теме, не знаю к месту ли, но просто хочу рассказать про свой опыт. Мой свояк попал в замок в г.Москве - конечно там фигово. Я ему малявила, поддерживала его. Но письма ползли ужасно долго, некоторые может и не докостыляли вовсе!!! Обнаружила >>> http://fsin-pismo.ru <<< Я даже обалдела что можно накатать прямо ТУДА. До чего дошел технический прогресс как далеко двинула техника в тюряге. Отношусь с пессимизьмом, но тут в натуре круто. Отправила письмо и оно дошло до Лехи УЖЕ К ВЕЧЕРУ! на мою почту на комп. Сейчас уже постоянно пользуюсь этим сервисом. Леху перекинули в Екатеринбург в колонию - там это тоже фурычит. Хочу просто сказать, что девоньки у кого такая беда в жизни пользуйтесь возможностью - посылайте письма родным кто томится за решеткой. Делюсь со всеми бедолагами – пишите с сайта, не стремайтесь, шлёпайте письма пряма с интернета. Это им очень помогает. Быстрая весточка - и дурь в башку не лезет.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello! Я понимаю, что данное сообщение может быть немного не по теме, не знаю к месту ли, но просто поделиться удачным ходом. Мой дружбан попал в кутузку в г.Москве - конечно там грустно. Я ему слала подгоны, поддерживала его. Но письма шли ужасно долго, некоторые может и пропали в нашей почте вовсе!!! Случайно наткнулась >>> http://fsin-pismo.ru <<< офигела что есть такая возможность. 21 век на дворе как далеко двинула техника в тюряге. Отношусь с пессимизьмом, но тут фурычит. Отправила письмо и оно дошло до Лехи УЖЕ К ВЕЧЕРУ! на мое мыло. Сейчас уже постоянно пользуюсь этим сервисом. Леху перекинули в Екатеринбург в колонию - там это тоже пашет. Хочу просто сказать, что девоньки у кого такая беда в жизни пользуйтесь возможностью - посылайте письма родным кто ТАМ. Делюсь со всеми бедолагами – пишите с сайта, не стремайтесь, шлёпайте письма пряма с интернета. Это им очень помогает. Быстрая весточка - и дурь в башку не лезет.

Вы Banshees МУС Кок. утрачена.

BillsOverDolphins
06-16-2012, 11:55 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, there's no way Sheppard is going to flourish as the mike lb unless Dareus and K-Will stay healthy and become beasts up front. As for our WR's, don't hold your breath there either. I agree on CJ though--he's going to become a much bigger part of our offense.

Fixxxer
06-16-2012, 02:16 PM

- - - Updated - - -

sorry bro, I call BS on this one.

Cali512
06-16-2012, 03:52 PM

You just dont understand when your wrong do you? If Fitz had 4 bad games against 1 team youd bash the **** outa him vs them. If we had Revis and he got owned every game by a player, youd say that u would expect it to continue. Along with the fact that you act like it just randomly happens. Have you ever noticed that Stevie runs probably the best routes in the NFL? Hes made CBs fall before while covering him, your totally missing why Revis sucks vs him. His routes are amazing and are not the basics, he changes every route up which confuses revis, and there both the same speed and equal athletically, so thats the reason why he sucks vs SJ.

Cali512
06-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Are we talking about him shutting down "plenty of WR's" or are we talking about him shutting down Stevie? Last I knew, it was the latter, which means he's never done it. So it's not BS.

Did I say it can't be done? Don't remember saying that. Here's what I'm saying: right now you have zero evidence (speculation doesn't count) to say that Revis will shut down Stevie.

Think of it like the Patriots and the Bills last year. Before the year started, what evidence was there to suggest the Bills would beat the Patriots? None, and you would have lambasted anyone who thought there was. Yet the Bills did beat the Patriots. Just because the Bills happened to beat the Patriots doesn't mean someone who acted like it was definitive was in the right.

Ignore him, hes annoyingly hypocritical. Hell make stuff up to attack you, and when you catch him on it hell act like it didnt happen. Then when you show the quote hell either ignore it, or find some ******ed excuse for it, and make it seem like your the dumb one.

CoolBreeze
06-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Who cares? Everyone knows Revis only cares about money. I personally doubt he ever shuts down Stevie, it's the way he runs routes. I've heard Chan and Fitzpatrick comment on how Stevie runs his routes very unique like. He's different, that's why Revis has trouble covering him.

Thief
06-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Doesn't Stevie also have a game winning drop vs Revis?

OpIv37
06-19-2012, 11:13 AM
You just dont understand when your wrong do you? If Fitz had 4 bad games against 1 team youd bash the **** outa him vs them. If we had Revis and he got owned every game by a player, youd say that u would expect it to continue. Along with the fact that you act like it just randomly happens. Have you ever noticed that Stevie runs probably the best routes in the NFL? Hes made CBs fall before while covering him, your totally missing why Revis sucks vs him. His routes are amazing and are not the basics, he changes every route up which confuses revis, and there both the same speed and equal athletically, so thats the reason why he sucks vs SJ.

Hmmm.... you say I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but then you proceed to base your entire post on your perception of how I would have reacted to situations that never actually occurred.

Weak.

OpIv37
06-19-2012, 11:17 AM

Once again, 4 is a very small sample size. And Revis' play against Stevie is uncharacteristic versus his play against other WR's in the league.

Throw in the motivating factor of all this talk of Stevie owning him, and I see a recipe for disaster.

You can spin it any way you want. You can set it up to say I'm not right way ahead of time. I really don't care- but reality is what it is. We have to go up against a very good and presumably very motivated CB twice this year. Nothing you can say is going to change that reality.

justasportsfan
06-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Once again, 4 is a very small sample size. And Revis' play against Stevie is uncharacteristic versus his play against other WR's in the league.

Throw in the motivating factor of all this talk of Stevie owning him, and I see a recipe for disaster.

You can spin it any way you want. You can set it up to say I'm not right way ahead of time. I really don't care- but reality is what it is. We have to go up against a very good and presumably very motivated CB twice this year. Nothing you can say is going to change that reality.

reality is, you say talk is cheap and you're talking on Revis behalf.

stop calling yourself a realist if you ignore proof and replace it with nothing but opinion . An opinion that hasn't happened yet. Until Revis actually destroys us, it's all talk.

psubills62
06-19-2012, 03:48 PM

Small sample size or not, never having done it = never having done it. And frankly, I'd say that 4 games isn't that small of a sample size given someone of Revis' caliber. If your arguments are right, then Revis shouldn't be letting up any more than 1 good game to a player, right?

How do you explain those other three games? Why is Revis NOW suddenly motivated, as opposed to last year?

OpIv37
06-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Small sample size or not, never having done it = never having done it. And frankly, I'd say that 4 games isn't that small of a sample size given someone of Revis' caliber. If your arguments are right, then Revis shouldn't be letting up any more than 1 good game to a player, right?

How do you explain those other three games? Why is Revis NOW suddenly motivated, as opposed to last year?

Because last year Stevie had fewer good games against him and fewer people were talking about it. I really didn't think that rather obvious point needed to be stated.

Philagape
06-19-2012, 11:24 PM
What's the saying? "Once is a fluke, twice is a coincidence, three times is a trend ..."

Sometimes a particular matchup favors the lesser player. Something about Stevie's game matches up well.

And I would think an All-Pro like Revis would be more motivated after ONE pasting.

justasportsfan
06-20-2012, 08:03 AM
What's the saying? "Once is a fluke, twice is a coincidence, three times is a trend ..."

Oh boy! He's gonna hit you with his saying that you can't see Forest Gump.