• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Johnson gives Gilmore a Revis measuring stick

Stephon Gilmore is eager to discover how well he can play cornerback in the NFL, and he's waiting on one particular Buffalo Bills teammate to help him find out.

Gilmore is curious how effectively he'll compete against receiver Stevie Johnson, who has been held out of team drills while recovering from groin surgery.

Gilmore knows he can better measure himself against the best cornerbacks in the league by matching up with Johnson every day.

"He's had great games against great cornerbacks in the league," Gilmore said, "and I'm looking forward to playing physical with him and him teaching me stuff that I don't know."

Johnson, maybe more than any other receiver, has had New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis' number the past two years. Revis is considered the gold standard at his position, but he hasn't flashed his usual dominance against the Bills.

In Johnson's past four games against the Jets, he has 19 receptions for 262 yards and a pair of touchdowns.

Those numbers might not seem too gaudy, but when you consider they would translate into a season of 76 catches for 1,048 yards and eight touchdowns against an elite, shutdown cornerback, the production is remarkable.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: Johnson gives Gilmore a Revis measuring stick

It's obvious Stevie saves his best for Revis. He impressed the hell out of me last year. But I would expect for Revis to have a better showing this year, especially WK 1.
    Last edited by jamze132; 06-13-2012, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• alnilla
      • Dec 2008

Our defense getting better is only helping the offense get better. Cant wait for the season!

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Revis is going to destroy us this year. He has to be sick and tired of hearing about how Stevie owns him.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          Revis is going to destroy us this year. He has to be sick and tired of hearing about how Stevie owns him.
          In a just world, Revis would be flagged for 4 holds and 3 pass interferences per game.
          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Maybe it's the other way around. Stevie will destroy him , again.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
              Maybe it's the other way around. Stevie will destroy him , again.
              I don't see it that way. These guys have huge egos and it has to bug the **** out of him that everyone talks about Stevie owning him.

On top of that, Stevie's good but he's not THAT good. If he was, he would completely dominate lesser CB's. I don't think "dominant" is an adequate description for most of Stevie's performances.

Revis will get him eventually and it won't be pretty.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mikemac2001
                is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                • Mar 2003

I don't see it that way. These guys have huge egos and it has to bug the **** out of him that everyone talks about Stevie owning him.

On top of that, Stevie's good but he's not THAT good. If he was, he would completely dominate lesser CB's. I don't think "dominant" is an adequate description for most of Stevie's performances.

Or maybe the bills are sick of the jets kicking there ass and hearing **** about it before and after games.....jets have been hating on the bills for the past 2 years

MUCK
                FIAMI

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                  • Sep 2003

If Revis is that good why did he let Stevie own him in the first place?

PTR
                  10 Commandments of the D
                  1. Never stop Rocking.
                  2. Legalize all drugs.
                  3. Quit your day job.
                  4. All Religion should be taxed.
                  5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                  6. F**k her gently.
                  7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                  8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                  9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                  10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Are you telling me that Revis just grew an ego now and will destroy us all of a sudden? Don't tell me that Revis is the only one with an ego, Stevie has that in him too. Have you forgotten his prepared celebrations?

Didn't you say in another thread "talk is cheap"? Well you're all talk on Revis' behalf. He could destroy us but don't talk like it's a done deal because Stevie can own him and there's proof that he's done that.
                    Last edited by justasportsfan; 06-13-2012, 12:42 PM.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• psubills62
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2008

I'm having a hard time understanding why you believe this. Aren't you the one who refuses to believe things will change unless you see absolute, hard evidence? Yet in this case you have no problem with it. There's no evidence things will change. Just because Revis wants things to be different doesn't mean it will be. You don't think Revis tried a little harder during the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th games against Stevie?

Stevie is plenty good, and I think the most likely explanation is that he's of the type that does well against Revis (more physical, gets off the line well, disciplined route runner, etc., rather than athletic freaks like most teams have as their WR's).

Revis is more concerned with his contract this offseason than helping the team cover Stevie Johnson, or so it seems.
                      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mikemac2001 View Post
                        Or maybe the bills are sick of the jets kicking there ass and hearing **** about it before and after games.....jets have been hating on the bills for the past 2 years

Of course they have. They're division rivals. What do you expect them to do? Talk about how great we are?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot View Post
                        If Revis is that good why did he let Stevie own him in the first place?

PTR
                        Good players have bad games. We can't expect Revis to be having them against Stevie every time.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mikemac2001
                          is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                          • Mar 2003

Of course they have. They're division rivals. What do you expect them to do? Talk about how great we are?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes but saying revis will play better bc stevie beat him in previous game is the same as saying the bills will beat them because the jets beat the bills in previous games.

obviously they talk crap just showing how the statement could go either way
                          Last edited by mikemac2001; 06-13-2012, 01:20 PM.

MUCK
                          FIAMI

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                            Are you telling me that Revis just grew an ego now and will destroy us all of a sudden? Don't tell me that Revis is the only one with an ego, Stevie has that in him too. Have you forgotten his prepared celebrations?

Didn't you say in another thread "talk is cheap"? Well you're all talk on Revis' behalf. He could destroy us but don't talk like it's a done deal because Stevie can own him and there's proof that he's done that.
                            I'm saying that all the talk about Stevie owning him is going to be additional motivation for Revis. Stevie's already having his ego placated by all this talk about how he owns Revis. Meanwhile, Revis is having his ego taken down a peg. Hence, motivation.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

I'm saying that all the talk about Stevie owning him is going to be additional motivation for Revis. Stevie's already having his ego placated by all this talk about how he owns Revis. Meanwhile, Revis is having his ego taken down a peg. Hence, motivation.
                              Brady owns us and the bills have motivation . Does this mean Kyle is going to destroy Brady and the PAts?
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X