PDA

View Full Version : Morrison aims to show his true value

justasportsfan
06-13-2012, 10:40 AM
"There's a little chip on my shoulder a little bit. I feel like a rookie all over again. Nobody really saw too much of me. This year I just have so much to prove."

Morrison came to the Bills last August with a pretty respectable NFL track record. He had started 95 of 96 games in his six-year NFL career. He never missed a game. He played more than 95 percent of the defensive snaps in five years with Oakland and logged almost 80 percent of the snaps with Jacksonville in 2010.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article900609.ece?twobillsdrive

BillsOverDolphins
06-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Luckily he plays the least impactful position on our Defense.

Meathead
06-13-2012, 02:14 PM
when i saw that article this morning the subtitle said he averaged a thousand tackles a season with oakland

a thousand tackles? his body must have looked like a big ole bag of ground chuck by january

stuckincincy
06-13-2012, 02:23 PM
"There's a little chip on my shoulder a little bit. I feel like a rookie all over again. Nobody really saw too much of me. This year I just have so much to prove."

Morrison came to the Bills last August with a pretty respectable NFL track record. He had started 95 of 96 games in his six-year NFL career. He never missed a game. He played more than 95 percent of the defensive snaps in five years with Oakland and logged almost 80 percent of the snaps with Jacksonville in 2010.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article900609.ece?twobillsdrive

I wish him well. Last season - 14 game appearances, 7 total tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended.

X-Era
06-14-2012, 05:30 AM
Luckily he plays the least impactful position on our Defense.
For the life of me I can't figure out why some think this way. NE throws to Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker in the short game. Who has primary coverage there?

X-Era
06-14-2012, 05:38 AM
For example. This Pats TD went to Hernandez and the OLB blew the coverage:

http://sbnation.vid.io/v/dc1fbb44-34ab-11e1-b654-12313d2bb6a5

Looks like Bryan Scott to me but I couldn't tell. Yes it was a 3-4 alignment but the point is that the LB'ers still have a very important role.

X-Era
06-14-2012, 05:42 AM
Heres the full highlights... Hernandez, Gronk, and Welker all had big plays from the 5-15 yard range.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d8259abf2/Bills-vs-Patriots-highlights

YardRat
06-14-2012, 05:47 AM
For the life of me I can't figure out why some think this way. NE throws to Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker in the short game. Who has primary coverage there?

Scott and a nickel corner played a lot against NE's base packages, replacing two LBers in the 34 last season.

BertSquirtgum
06-14-2012, 07:55 AM

Indeed. It blows my mind that some people think the linebacker position won't even be used. :crazy:

streetkings01
06-14-2012, 12:58 PM
If Morrison can play at the same level he played at Oakland then we have a pretty good starting unit. The guys behind them are the real question marks..........I would love to get one more vet to add into the backup mix.

ZAZusmc03
06-14-2012, 01:03 PM

You must have missed the memo. With our new and improved D-line, we are going to put pressure on the QB, which clearly makes them throw deep at our secondary every time. DUH. No need for linebackers, because a pressured QB NEVVVER checks down or hits the short targets. /Sarcasm

BillsOverDolphins
06-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Man, some of you homers get so defensive over anything...

Projected starters:

CB - A. Williams
CB - S. Gilmore
SS - G. Wilson
FS - J. Byrd
OLB - N. Barnett
OLB - K. Morrison
MLB - K. Sheppard
LDE - M. Williams
DT - K. Williams
DT - M. Dareus
RDE - M. Anderson

Are you really going to try and make an argument that Morrison isn't the least important/impactful player and position on our D (especially being it's a 4-3)?