PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Williams and his "Achilles" injury

MattyNH
06-14-2012, 05:37 AM
Does anyone know the details of his injury? I keep hearing the word achilles and that makes me nervous. I thought he had a spur or something that would rub the tendon not that he had an actual achilles injury. Do we need to be concerned that he will never be what he was 2 years ago with this injury? Will he be ready to go for opening day at 100%?

Night Train
06-14-2012, 05:45 AM
Supposedly had surgery to remove the spur and is coming along fine. He was off to the side doing drills this OTA and the camera's showed him moving very well. No reported setbacks and should be all systems go for camp.

Same with Merriman. All the reports have been positive.

Yasgur's Farm
06-14-2012, 06:05 AM
In order tp remove the bone spur, they detached the achilles from the heel and then reattached, I believe they did the same to Merriman in order to repair the damaged areas.

All this is much better than the typical achillrs injury where a shortening of the tendon is necessary to tie calf to heel.

Meathead
06-14-2012, 06:11 AM
i read that the spur was also wearing away at the achilles, so really he needed two repairs that were done with one procedure

BertSquirtgum
06-14-2012, 07:48 AM
Damn. This team is really dependent on a lot of guys being able to return to form after some pretty bad injuries. I hope we aren't over hyping our team.

Skooby
06-14-2012, 07:57 AM
Damn. This team is really dependent on a lot of guys being able to return to form after some pretty bad injuries. I hope we aren't over hyping our team.

Health is going to determine how this season goes, I think that's fairly obvious.

MattyNH
06-14-2012, 08:02 AM
In order tp remove the bone spur, they detached the achilles from the heel and then reattached, I believe they did the same to Merriman in order to repair the damaged areas.

All this is much better than the typical achillrs injury where a shortening of the tendon is necessary to tie calf to heel.

Thanks for that information, that makes me a little nervous though. What is the typical results of this surgery? As if the injury never happened or does it tend to impact ones career?

ddaryl
06-14-2012, 08:06 AM
the Achilles injuries to Merriman and Williams are not as serious as a ruptured Achilles.

The rehab time is much shorter and full recovery odds are greatly improved.

But when it comes to the Bills and injuries were ALL nervous

BertSquirtgum
06-14-2012, 08:09 AM
Health is going to determine how this season goes, I think that's fairly obvious.

Skooby

Yasgur's Farm
06-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks for that information, that makes me a little nervous though. What is the typical results of this surgery? As if the injury never happened or does it tend to impact ones career?

the Achilles injuries to Merriman and Williams are not as serious as a ruptured Achilles.

The rehab time is much shorter and full recovery odds are greatly improved.

But when it comes to the Bills and injuries were ALL nervousWhat he said... I'm under the impression that the recovery of non-ruptured re-attachment is pretty solid. But... That's not to say that the original problem doesn't re-occur.

justasportsfan
06-14-2012, 09:21 AM
Yasgur, your sig is too big

Yasgur's Farm
06-14-2012, 09:24 AM
I know... But I can't shrink it as the only option for pic insert is URL.

I'll see if I can find smaller.

justasportsfan
06-14-2012, 09:26 AM

find a sig like Hurkey's and I wouldn't mind it

MattyNH
06-14-2012, 09:49 AM

or blow it up real big and we can search for boobies

BertSquirtgum
06-14-2012, 10:51 AM
That wasn't very hard now was it? Here's the direct link.... http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6108/bzlevine001.jpg

Yasgur's Farm
06-14-2012, 11:37 AM
find a sig like Hurkey's and I wouldn't mind itWill this due?

TigerJ
06-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Yasgur's Farm and Meathead summarized what happened with Kyle Williams pretty well. The only thing that can be added is that recovery time for this surgery is far less, and the results less in question than for surgery to repair a ruptured achilles. Had Kyle Williams had surgery to repair a ruptured achilles, there's almost no chance he could have played in 2012 and not been significantly impaired.