PDA

View Full Version : Is this team going to be a player in FA

ddaryl
06-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Free agency is coming soon.

Can't believe L.A. won the cup before Buffalo. Things are all wrong in this universe

OpIv37
06-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Well Gaustad is gone and Hecht and Boyes come off the books, so they should have at least a little bit of cap room.

According to this site, they have $11.7 million in space- http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=8

But, Ennis, Kaleta, Enroth and Brennan are RFA's, so they need to come up with 3-4 fwds and presumably re-sign Brennan and Enroth.

With things that tight, I don't see them being big players. They'll use the injury excuse and won't make any major changes.

OpIv37
06-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Also, both Stafford and Roy have $4m cap hits. We might be able to move Roy because his contract ends after this year.

Stafford counts $4m per season for the next THREE YEARS. He's unmovable. No GM in the NHL would take that piece of **** contract.

mightysimi
06-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Who's out there worth getting? Parise, maybe, Suter don't think they will let him go, Semin, not worth what he will want. You might get some glue guys but no stars this year.

YardRat
06-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Good thing Pegula came in and opened up the pocket book, ehh?

SabreEleven
06-14-2012, 07:23 PM
i think the salary cap is going to hold them back.

ddaryl
06-15-2012, 11:48 AM
so basically this team has little chance of improving form last years debacle.

The team does not have what it takes to win a championship, but now we are stuck in a rut.

Ruff will be the coach and Reiger will make personnel decisions.. Isn't this the very definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Philagape
06-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Good thing Pegula came in and opened up the pocket book, ehh?

And the prized catch last summer was Ville Leino. That's Darcy for you, turning lemonade into puss.

I don't know if I want to be active in FA with Darcy doing the shopping.

G Wolly
06-15-2012, 02:59 PM
I heard that Darcy is looking to make moves primarily through trades, not FA signings.

OpIv37
06-15-2012, 05:03 PM
I heard that Darcy is looking to make moves primarily through trades, not FA signings.

Fair enough- who?

He might be able to unload Roy- his price is a little steep, but I could see a team taking a chance on him as a 1 year rent-a-player in a contract year.

Stafford is unmovable with that POS contract (I can't emphasize this enough). Same goes for Leino.

Ennis is RFA so he is not available.

Vanek is expensive and I don't see the Sabres moving him anyway.

Trading Myers would be stupid. Trading Miller would be stupid, not so much because Miller is that great but because we don't have any proven options behind him. I like Enroth as a back-up, but I would not rely on him as the starter just yet, and then we're right back in the situation where we have no reliable back-up anyway.

G Wolly
06-15-2012, 11:33 PM
I'm not too good with contract and salary talk like my one friend is. He follows that aspect of the game religiously.

I'm not sure who my friend told me the rumor includes giving up, but it would be a deal to try and acquire Jordan Staal.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-18-2012, 05:30 AM
I am going to have to go with what this organization has been selling, they believe injuries killed their season and that they might make a few moves, but I don't see them making too many.

Night Train
06-18-2012, 03:49 PM
Moving Miller now would be wise. He got married to a B actress from LA and was half the player he used to be. Looks distracted.

Roy & Sekera are obvious bait.

We could shake things up but Darcy doesn't have the balls to do it.

Loaded on D and need 2-3 more Forward/Center types.

G Wolly
06-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Moving Miller now would be wise. He got married to a B actress from LA and was half the player he used to be. Looks distracted.

Perfect. Then Enroth could back up Hasek.

Move Miller and Roy to Anaheim for Getzlaf.

X-Era
06-18-2012, 07:00 PM
So, I saw that were at around 61 mill in cap spent with a cap of 70.

Let Boyes walk.

Trade Roy for picks and prospects that gets us another 4 mill back.

We probably would then be at around 12 or 11 mill under. Get Parise for 7 mill per.

Trade up for the C Galchenyuk or Grigorenko.

Or move Roy for Jordan Staal somehow.

OpIv37
06-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Roy for Staal or Getzlaf? Not gonna happen unless Darcy brings some rufies to the GM meeting.

X-Era
06-19-2012, 05:31 AM
Why not leverage a pick or two plus Roy for Staal? Weve got the extra picks, use them.