PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Snap Count Review for the Buffalo Bills

YardRat
06-14-2012, 05:24 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1221662-offensive-snap-count-review-for-the-buffalo-bills

For the first seven weeks of the season, the Buffalo Bills (http://bleacherreport.com/buffalo-bills) had an imposing offense that ranked among the league's best. There were some missing pieces along the way, most notably lacking depth on the offensive line and a vertical threat in the passing game.

All 53 players on an NFL (http://bleacherreport.com/nfl) roster are important, and everyone has their role, so it will be interesting to see who earns more playing time than others.

Who wins the key battles in training camp will determine how the snap counts break down for 2012, but in order to know where you're going, you have to know where you've been.

With help from Pro Football Focus (http://www.profootballfocus.com/), let's take a look at the Bills' offensive snaps in 2011 and try to draw some conclusions on what could happen in 2012.

PTI
06-15-2012, 09:09 AM
It did not hurt they played an overwhelmed KC team without Berry and locker room that was on the skids with a HC they despised, they were down big and given the opportunity catch up againt Oakland and New England with two of the absolute worst pass defenses in the NFL (and had 4 INTs against New England in weeks 2 and 3, played The Eagles who also had 4 INTs and allowed the 9th most TD passes. Oakland was the 31st ranked team in allowing TD passes and 27th in allowing passing yards. New England was 31st in allowing passing yards and 26th in allowing TD passes. The GIants were 26th in allowing TD passes and 29th in allowing passing yards. Then the Redskins just simply no showed on offense and the Bills defense won that game and the Bills had short fields all day. He was below average against Cincy in that span too.

The pattern is Fitz played well against teams with the worst pass defenses in the NFL........and so did every other QB in the NFL, and Fitz was bad just about every other time. He is simply not good enough in most every other case. That is your real theme, and the fact that Fitz has a history of playing bad as he is depended on more and the season goes on, bad Novemer and December, under 70 QB rating for his career.

justasportsfan
06-15-2012, 09:20 AM
the only great thing about BZ going down was that we didn't have to read PTI's redundant posts.

PTI
06-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Ok, if my posts are redundant, what are those that constantly go up that try and bright side Fitz's season last year? My posts are factual and refute the constant praise for Fitzpatrick that happens. Good for the goose is good for the gander, would you prefer to all agree and not have some real perspective added?

Very hypocritical.

justasportsfan
06-15-2012, 09:35 AM
here's my redundant reply, you like to spin your facts to agree with your redundant "Fitz sucks" argument.

Funny how you point out Fitz's games in november yet you ignore the points the D gave up during those times. You don't mention the other facts just so that you can make it look like it's all Fitz's fault. The D ranked 30th in points allowed. Who's the hypocrite now?

PTI
06-15-2012, 09:51 AM
I was not at all. I indicate in my post the Bills were down a lot in the Raiders and Patriots games, you just have trouble with only interpreting things in a skewed way. I am far from hypocritical. I have already went though in other posts and showed the Bills were in just about every game in the first quarter. I never spin anything. You cannot dispute anything I write so you conviently conjure up a falsity and call it spin, that is what the jumbled middle and uninformed like to call things.

Joe Fo Sho
06-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Ok, if my posts are redundant, what are those that constantly go up that try and bright side Fitz's season last year? My posts are factual and refute the constant praise for Fitzpatrick that happens. Good for the goose is good for the gander, would you prefer to all agree and not have some real perspective added?

Very hypocritical.

You mean the posts that quote DIFFERENT articles? They don't repeat themselves over and over again like you do. I swear I've read your last post a million times in a million different threads. Your posts suck out loud.

ParanoidAndroid
06-15-2012, 09:57 AM
Thanks for not quoting him so I didn't have to read his post. The ignore function still works.

PTI
06-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Does the Bills bad defense change the fact that Fitzpatrick found his most success against teams that also had bad pass defenses?

justasportsfan
06-15-2012, 10:02 AM
I was not at all. I indicate in my post the Bills were down a lot in the Raiders and Patriots games, you just have trouble with only interpreting things in a skewed way. I am far from hypocritical. I have already went though in other posts and showed the Bills were in just about every game in the first quarter. I never spin anything. You cannot dispute anything I write so you conviently conjure up a falsity and call it spin, that is what the jumbled middle and uninformed like to call things.

I have disputed a lot of your points especially with the ones that blame Fitz' for the teams records especially when I bring up the D's performance. You're the one who ignores them because it proves that it's not all Fitz's fault.

PTI
06-15-2012, 10:07 AM
I have disputed a lot of your points especially with the ones that blame Fitz' for the teams records especially when I bring up the D's performance. You're the one who ignores them because it proves that it's not all Fitz's fault.

I agree, it is not all Fitz's fault, he is just not good enough to overcome it like other QBs are and also makes so many mistakes that help put the Bills defense in bad position. The Bills roster needs to get better, but having a better QB is easier than changing 52 other guys and the Bills just have not made that a priority so it is hard to expect different results. Bills have not done Fitz any favors by depending on him to play well most or even half the time, he just is not capable of that and does not have the skill set for it.

justasportsfan
06-15-2012, 10:11 AM
I agree, it is not all Fitz's fault, he is just not good enough to overcome it like other QBs are and also makes so many mistakes that help put the Bills defense in bad position. The Bills roster needs to get better, but having a better QB is easier than changing 52 other guys and the Bills just have not made that a priority so it is hard to expect different results.
Everyone here agrees that he needs to play so much better and to a certain degree I agree with that post.It's just that no one here is as redundant as you in telling that in every post.

JCBills
06-15-2012, 10:17 AM
It did not hurt they played an overwhelmed KC team without Berry and locker room that was on the skids with a HC they despised, they were down big and given the opportunity catch up againt Oakland and New England with two of the absolute worst pass defenses in the NFL (and had 4 INTs against New England in weeks 2 and 3, played The Eagles who also had 4 INTs and allowed the 9th most TD passes. Oakland was the 31st ranked team in allowing TD passes and 27th in allowing passing yards. New England was 31st in allowing passing yards and 26th in allowing TD passes. The GIants were 26th in allowing TD passes and 29th in allowing passing yards. Then the Redskins just simply no showed on offense and the Bills defense won that game and the Bills had short fields all day. He was below average against Cincy in that span too.

The pattern is Fitz played well against teams with the worst pass defenses in the NFL........and so did every other QB in the NFL, and Fitz was bad just about every other time. He is simply not good enough in most every other case. That is your real theme, and the fact that Fitz has a history of playing bad as he is depended on more and the season goes on, bad Novemer and December, under 70 QB rating for his career.

Nice rage essay. Staymad.

- - - Updated - - -

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

JCBills
06-15-2012, 10:20 AM

Very hypocritical.

Again, I don't know where you got your rage-colored glasses, but nobody is propping Fitz up as the one.

Your posts are really, really sad at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Does the Bills bad defense change the fact that Fitzpatrick found his most success against teams that also had bad pass defenses?

How does this relate in any way? Now you're just whining.

Night Train
06-15-2012, 10:22 AM
The play calling should be significantly different this season, with a Defense that should be far better than last season.

The O was usually playing from 7-10 down early and the ball control O Chan wished to run was out the window. Fitz pulled a couple games out of his backside early ( Raiders,Pats, Eagles..) but the writing was on the wall. The D couldn't sustain a solid 60 minute effort.

JCBills
06-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Now that the D hopefully doesn't leave them down 21-0 at the half, games should be not only exciting, but winning steady is possible.

(Puts on funny-looking glasses)

Clearly Fitz let up those TDs though, so the new pass rush should help his coverage.

Also, I read somewhere Dareus was helping Fitz with his goal line fit so Fitz could be better at stopping short yardage runs.

They also have him doing word with the safetys so Fitz can stop Gronk etc.

(Takes off PTI rageglasses)

PTI
06-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Every time the Bills were down 21-0 Fitz threw 2 early INTs.

My response saying how the Bills defense being poor was a direct response to justasportsfan, JCBills you are whining about a legitimate response posed as a question? Geesh, time to grow up.

JCBills
06-15-2012, 10:44 AM

My response saying how the Bills defense being poor was a direct response to justasportsfan, JCBills you are whining about a legitimate response posed as a question? Geesh, time to grow up.

Legitimate response? You? Good one, almost had me there.

Also, nice projection. You see me say something, so you accuse me of it. Project your actions onto others. You actually did it twice. Impressive.

TigerJ
06-15-2012, 10:58 AM
I think the article is wrong about Kraig Urbik "going down." His primary position is right guard, and he's the favorite to be the starter. If he stays healthy he could play every snap. I wouldn't be suprised if Rinehart relieves him some of the time however. Rinehart probably goes down somewhat after starting a number of games las season, and Hairston will too if Cordy Glenn wins the starting left tackle spot.

Joe Fo Sho
06-15-2012, 10:59 AM

Another thread hijacked.

Philagape
06-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Thanks for not quoting him so I didn't have to read his post. The ignore function still works.

thank.

ParanoidAndroid
06-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Another thread hijacked.

That's why you guys need to put him on ignore. You already know what he's going to say, anyway. He might be a highjacker, but you guys held the yoke.