X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

The 4-3 defense

It looks like the Bills are not the only team switching to the 4-3 this year. I just read on profootballtalk.com that the Jets are also going to switch to the 4-3 this year. I think the Bills DL will prove to be much better than the Jets DL this year.
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: The 4-3 defense

If the Jets do switch to a 4-3, I wonder how Maybin will do there.

I could see the Jets implementing a hybrid, similar to what the Patriots started doing a couple years ago. Honestly, I'm not sure why they'd move fully to a 4-3 - they just don't have the personnel for it.

By the way, a blurb I just saw was that they'd play a 4-3 against division teams (who use spread offenses).
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

The report we heard earlier was that the Jets are going to use a lot more of the old 46 defense that Ryan's dad pioneered at Chicago.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
        The report we heard earlier was that the Jets are going to use a lot more of the old 46 defense that Ryan's dad pioneered at Chicago.
        In that 46 front I bet Maybin plays the extra LB/DB. If he could learn to cover, he actually has the athleticism to stay with the TE.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X