PDA

View Full Version : All-22 Film

DraftBoy
06-15-2012, 12:36 PM
If you buy the Game Rewind package through the NFL ($60) you will now get access to the All-22 Film which is what the coaches use every week to break down opponents and make their own reports. This used to be one of the NFL's most closely guarded secrets.

Huge news!

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/6/15/3089640/nfl-to-make-coaches-film-available-to-fans

SquishDaFish
06-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Game rewind is that on the PC?

OpIv37
06-15-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm not going to pay for it but I think this is a good thing. It will certainly add to fans' understanding of the game.

Joe Fo Sho
06-15-2012, 02:34 PM
Has anyone ever used this feature? Can you save the games to your HDD or does it just stream?

madness
06-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Game rewind is that on the PC?

Yes, PC and now tablets.

gr8slayer
06-16-2012, 11:35 AM
This is the same film that all scouts use.

- - - Updated - - -

Stream only.
Has anyone ever used this feature? Can you save the games to your HDD or does it just stream?

BillsOverDolphins
06-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Now we can break down how useless our WR's are (other than SJ) with indisputable evidence

MikeInRoch
06-16-2012, 03:26 PM
The pricing for NFL rewind changed last year as the year went along. I paid $30 in week 3 for the equivalent of the "season package" for 2012 described here:

www.nfl.com/gamerewind
(http://www.nfl.com/gamerewind)

A friend of mine got the same thing for $20 about week 8 or 9.

If you are an NFL nut, it's awesome. I watched an average of 3 or so games every week on the condensed setting (it took about 30 minutes each). I'm tempted to get the high end package this year, but $70 is kinda steep.

ZAZusmc03
06-16-2012, 11:27 PM
This may be something I'm willing to spend the money on. Being on the road all the time for work makes it hard to keep up with every game, but with this I think I can spend my nights in the hotel room actually getting to know all the teams and the strengths and weaknesses of them to help my cause when talking football with friends and family. May be the purchase I need to keep me busy when I'm away from home.

Mike13
06-17-2012, 11:47 AM
very cool news.

YardRat
06-17-2012, 03:56 PM
That's worth some serious consideration.

Make room for a new category of football message board snobs that know everything because they watch the All-22 and you don't.

Mike13
06-17-2012, 10:44 PM
So how quickly will the All 22 Film show up on the Torrent Sites?

DraftBoy
06-18-2012, 07:34 AM

More thank likely within days or hours.

The interesting thing will be what people do with it.

Simply having or watching the All-22 film doesn't mean a whole lot if you don't know what you're looking at. What it gives scouts is an idea of how WR's run routes, how DB's play in coverage, how the QB reads the defense and how the OL and DL battle. However there are a lot of things to know about each of those positions in which to understand it.

For a site like PFF it will be huge and will make thier grading that much more accurate, but even that will still be flawed to some degree. To me and my site its helpful but its still my interpretation of the events. I still don't know the call or assignments (which scouts don't know when watching film either) so what may look like a blown assignment may not actually be one.

The biggest change will be in blogs and message boards where people will say they are watching the All-22 and have developed this opinion because of it. The question that will remain though is whether or not they actually know what the difference between a stunt and a twist is and if they can actually identify it on the film.

All-22 doesn't change much for the average fan but it probably gives the 7-10% of fans who really loves the schematics of the game that much more of an understanding.

Expect the NCAA to not be far behind on this and that is where the greatest benefit will come to both fans and the NFL.

gr8slayer
06-18-2012, 06:17 PM
More thank likely within days or hours.

The interesting thing will be what people do with it.

Simply having or watching the All-22 film doesn't mean a whole lot if you don't know what you're looking at. What it gives scouts is an idea of how WR's run routes, how DB's play in coverage, how the QB reads the defense and how the OL and DL battle. However there are a lot of things to know about each of those positions in which to understand it.

For a site like PFF it will be huge and will make thier grading that much more accurate, but even that will still be flawed to some degree. To me and my site its helpful but its still my interpretation of the events. I still don't know the call or assignments (which scouts don't know when watching film either) so what may look like a blown assignment may not actually be one.

The biggest change will be in blogs and message boards where people will say they are watching the All-22 and have developed this opinion because of it. The question that will remain though is whether or not they actually know what the difference between a stunt and a twist is and if they can actually identify it on the film.

All-22 doesn't change much for the average fan but it probably gives the 7-10% of fans who really loves the schematics of the game that much more of an understanding.

Expect the NCAA to not be far behind on this and that is where the greatest benefit will come to both fans and the NFL.
This is a complete game changer.

djjimkelly
06-18-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm not going to pay for it but I think this is a good thing. It will certainly add to fans' understanding of the game.

it will let us know if the qb has a clue IMO

DraftBoy
06-19-2012, 07:43 AM
it will let us know if the qb has a clue IMO

Not if you don't understand the read call.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a complete game changer.

For some yes it absolutely is. For the average fan its not going to mean a whole lot because they aren't going to have a big use for it.

MikeInRoch
06-19-2012, 12:30 PM

I'm actually not sure. It was available last year, just not for every play. Could you get games from it last year on torrent? (I'm not sure, actually - I didn't look.)

I tried to capture videos I was watching on it last year - what it looked like to me they were doing was sending down to the client a boatload of very short (like 1 second) clips and piecing them together in their client. So it wouldn't have been as simple as capturing the stream.

DraftBoy
06-19-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm actually not sure. It was available last year, just not for every play. Could you get games from it last year on torrent? (I'm not sure, actually - I didn't look.)

I tried to capture videos I was watching on it last year - what it looked like to me they were doing was sending down to the client a boatload of very short (like 1 second) clips and piecing them together in their client. So it wouldn't have been as simple as capturing the stream.
I have a feeling they'll attempt to safeguard this somehow but knowing how some of these stream capture/ripping sites work it won't take them long to crack the codes.

I think the best part of this may be that it will be available on mobile devices, more specifically on Ipads/Tablets. I think that would be the most beneficial way to utilize it.

YardRat
06-19-2012, 07:30 PM
And even another category of message board snobs..."Yes, you watch the All-22 film, but you don't understand it, and I do."

DraftBoy
06-19-2012, 08:55 PM
And even another category of message board snobs..."Yes, you watch the All-22 film, but you don't understand it, and I do."

The funny thing is that its not about you or I understanding it. Its just a fact that nobody but the coach and players on the field actually knows the call. To some degree you're guessing, you have to. Its the same thing TV analysts do every Saturday and Sunday on their replays.

Its the exact reason Gruden asks what the reads are when he's breaking down those rookie QB's in those specials he does. He doesn't know the reads so he wants them to explain it. Now being an ex coach he obviously can tell whose bull****ting him or not.