PDA

View Full Version : Biggest fear for the 2012 Buffalo Bills' season?

Skooby
06-17-2012, 05:02 AM
Going past wins / losses, What's your biggest fear for the upcoming season?

I'll start with the Bills becoming prudent on offense & having to watch boring games all season long with low scoring games.

YardRat
06-17-2012, 06:04 AM
Injuries to key players.

Boring and low-scoring, as long as they end up in W's, I'm OK with.

ddaryl
06-17-2012, 06:40 AM
Just injuries

Night Train
06-17-2012, 07:18 AM
Wilson announcing he willed the team to Dick Jauron.

better days
06-17-2012, 07:22 AM
Injuries to key players.

Boring and low-scoring, as long as they end up in W's, I'm OK with.

I'm with you. I will take a 7-3 win over a 31-28 loss anyday. That said, as long as the Bills stay healthy, I do not see Chan putting a throttle on the offense. I think injuries should be the only concern for this team.

gr8slayer
06-17-2012, 07:23 AM
I hope they don't read the press and start buying into their own hype.

better days
06-17-2012, 07:26 AM
I hope they don't read the press and start buying into their own hype.

I don't see that happening. This team is composed of good character team players, not me first primadonnas.

ParanoidAndroid
06-17-2012, 07:32 AM
Teams figure out the offense and our WR's and young tackles aren't able to win battles.

BillsOverDolphins
06-17-2012, 07:37 AM
Teams figure out the offense and our WR's and young tackles aren't able to win battles.

This. Fitz's arm--coupled with our lack of playmakers in the receiving game--could make us easy to defend when the going gets tough. Other than that...injuries, injuries, injuries.

Meathead
06-17-2012, 09:37 AM
idc if they win every game 1-0 (and yes that is technically possible)

in the words of the immortal al davis: 'just score at least one more point than your opponent and assure that the team is victorious baby'

Meathead
06-17-2012, 09:40 AM
it terms of biggest feared disaster its alway injuries. any team in the league can have their whole season sabotaged if the wrong one or two players go down

PTI
06-17-2012, 09:53 AM
Biggest fear is Fitz being healthy all year. Time to see what a different QB can do.

Skooby
06-17-2012, 09:55 AM
So you are wishing ill health on current member of the Buffalo Bills roster?

Biggest fear is Fitz being healthy all year. Time to see what a different QB can do.

gr8slayer
06-17-2012, 10:05 AM
Now you're just trying to get a reaction out of people.

MTBillsFan
06-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Like everyone else has said: injuries.

Albany,n.y.
06-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Nobody emerges behind Stevie Johnson & he gets doubled teamed & taken out of games like teams used to do with Lee Evans when he was the only legitimate receiver on the roster.

EDS
06-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Biggest fear is they realize they need a franchise QB and left tackle - two of the hardest positions to fill in the NFL.

JCBills
06-17-2012, 11:28 AM
idc if they win every game 1-0 (and yes that is technically possible)

in the words of the immortal al davis: 'just score at least one more point than your opponent and assure that the team is victorious baby'

Actually there is no way to win 1-0.

ddaryl
06-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Actually there is no way to win 1-0.

I was trying to figure out how that was possible as well.

Meathead
06-17-2012, 12:33 PM
i was remembering that the ultra-rare fair catch kick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_catch_kick) (last successful completion november 21, 1976 against the bills) was for 1 point but alas after i looked it up it is scored like a regular field goal

ok so idc if they win 2-0 and yall can bite me

Meathead
06-17-2012, 12:37 PM
btw ive always thought they could make pats and two-pt conversions more exciting by awarding the defense one or two points for successfully returning a failed attempt to the other endzone. probably would only happen once every season max but it could decide the game and man how exciting would that be

and if they ever approve that rule in the future im coming back here and telling yall you can kiss my black ass

Patti120
06-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Def. Just injuries.

Scumbag College
06-17-2012, 09:59 PM
My biggest fear is that the team lays an egg in a big way...like ending up 2-14 or 3-13. With all of the money the Bills put into the roster this offseason, by locking up top producers with long term contracts, and by the team markedly improving the last two years, it would be completely demoralizing to the organization and the region if they take a step backwards and have a rotten year. It would mean years of more "rebuilding" and having probably another near decade of a lousy product and being completely disinterested in football by the end of October.

BertSquirtgum
06-17-2012, 10:18 PM
My biggest fear is any injury to any of the starting players from the first game until the final game of the season. I hope that the Bills get lucky and finish the year out with a completely healthy roster. No matter how unlikely that is.

BillsOverDolphins
06-17-2012, 10:28 PM
My biggest fear is that the team lays an egg in a big way...like ending up 2-14 or 3-13. With all of the money the Bills put into the roster this offseason, by locking up top producers with long term contracts, and by the team markedly improving the last two years, it would be completely demoralizing to the organization and the region if they take a step backwards and have a rotten year. It would mean years of more "rebuilding" and having probably another near decade of a lousy product and being completely disinterested in football by the end of October.

2-14 would be GREAT if things went awry--much better than the purgatory of 8-8 or 7-9. 2-14 gets us Matt Barkley

acehole
06-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Going past wins / losses, What's your biggest fear for the upcoming season?

I'll start with the Bills becoming prudent on offense & having to watch boring games all season long with low scoring games.

Take this post down. ASAP.

justasportsfan
06-18-2012, 10:47 AM
If Merriman, Wood , Kyle gets to 100% and the entire team stays healthy.... I have no doubt in my mind, we make playoffs.

DraftBoy
06-18-2012, 10:53 AM
The biggest concern every year is injuries.

A few others...are that we get solve our issue at LT and RT.
The CB's get better with more zone coverage and over the top help.
Fred Jackson continues to carry the ball as we have come to know and love.
A #2 WR emerges to take pressure off Steve Johnson.
Fitzpatrick's new mechanical tweaks lead to more consistent passing.
Gailey continues to outcoach opposing DC's.

Skooby
06-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Take this post down. ASAP.

Down like your Mom on the whole neighborhood ?

Historian
06-18-2012, 12:01 PM
I hate opening on the road...

ServoBillieves
06-18-2012, 12:42 PM
My fear is that PTI will continue to be a poster on this board. He's now officially crossed the line in hoping that a player for his current team is injured. Enjoy that on your conscious.

PTI
06-18-2012, 01:52 PM
My fear is that PTI will continue to be a poster on this board. He's now officially crossed the line in hoping that a player for his current team is injured. Enjoy that on your conscious.

I never rooted for him to get hurt. How is that rooting for him to hurt? I think that might be the only way he gets replaced though. Dude already has next year's excuse built in, new mechanics, the Bills laying the foundation for Fitz to start in 2013 already after likely anotehr year where he is downright awful and leads the Bills to another last place finish.

ServoBillieves
06-18-2012, 03:10 PM
I never rooted for him to get hurt. How is that rooting for him to hurt? I think that might be the only way he gets replaced though. Dude already has next year's excuse built in, new mechanics, the Bills laying the foundation for Fitz to start in 2013 already after likely anotehr year where he is downright awful and leads the Bills to another last place finish.

It really doesn't matter, I along with most of the board am sick of you having no legit contribution to conversations other than your demented hatred of Fitzpatrick. If you don't like him that much, then root for someone else, because you're going to have to deal with it at some point. I'm wasting my time by saying this since you won't give up on your tirade, but honestly, it's getting really, really sad.

Johnny Bugmenot
06-18-2012, 03:22 PM
That this team doesn't make the playoffs for the thirteenth straight year-- and Mark Poloncarz still gives them a lease extension.

YardRat
06-18-2012, 04:22 PM
The biggest concern every year is injuries.

A few others...are that we get solve our issue at LT and RT.
The CB's get better with more zone coverage and over the top help.
Fred Jackson continues to carry the ball as we have come to know and love.
A #2 WR emerges to take pressure off Steve Johnson.
Fitzpatrick's new mechanical tweaks lead to more consistent passing.
Gailey continues to outcoach opposing DC's.

How do those qualify as 'fears'?

DynaPaul
06-18-2012, 08:52 PM
I'm just worried about the injury bug. If it strikes like it has in the past we know the season is going to swirl around the bowl.

G Wolly
06-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Also, injuries. That's the main thing. I have a good feeling about our D-Front and the implied inability for the opposing offense to counter the talent we have up front, as well as the improved secondary.

Mr. Pink
06-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Injuries. We have little to no depth everywhere.