PDA

View Full Version : More media cluelessness

X-Era
06-19-2012, 04:48 PM
This time its the Exclusively Slurping the Patriots Network...

In there ignorant opinion the Patriots will have the most improved defense in the NFL. Why? Because they drafted 4 guys...

The Bills signed the best defensive player available in free agency, and signed another great pass rusher from the Patriots but rather than notice their loss and our significant gains, the Patriots will have the most improved defense... So much so that in their opinion they will give up 600 less yards.

Ohh besides adding Mario Williams and Mark Anderson, could you also notice that we drafted 4 rookies on defense ourselves?

Clueless.

It's an Insider article but heres the link:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8071100/nfl-improvement-expected-drafting-one-side-ball

Mr. Miyagi
06-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Who gives a flying **** what ESPN thinks?

Skooby
06-19-2012, 05:30 PM
If our defense smothers everyone as planned, they'll be polishing our knob.

Mr. Pink
06-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Well the Pats defense has been quite bad recently, so it's not hard to see them being most improved, to be honest.

They could be middle of the pack, NFL wise, and be most improved.

Doesn't say much.

YardRat
06-19-2012, 07:12 PM
I am so tired of the Patriots. Going to thoroughly enjoy their slide back to the basement where the cheating bastards belong.

better days
06-19-2012, 07:34 PM
I am so tired of the Patriots. Going to thoroughly enjoy their slide back to the basement where the cheating bastards belong.

The slide should have already started, but the NFL & officials give them all the breaks. To not even review the Lee Evans catch in the AFC Champinship game is a joke. He appeared to have possession which would have been a TD, then the ball was stripped. If it had been a Pats* receiver, you KNOW there would have been a review of that play.

Prov401
06-19-2012, 09:00 PM
The Patriots are proven. Look what they've done this past decade. Of course they are going to get jocked. This really isn't surprising to me, nor does it bother me.

Philagape
06-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Well the Pats defense has been quite bad recently, so it's not hard to see them being most improved, to be honest.

They could be middle of the pack, NFL wise, and be most improved.

Doesn't say much.

Exact same thing could be said about the Bills.

BillsOverDolphins
06-20-2012, 01:20 AM

Yeah, that's not happening.

DynaPaul
06-20-2012, 09:09 PM
*yawn*

BertSquirtgum
06-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Who gives a flying **** what ESPN thinks?

I still wonder why people get all mad and post the horse**** that the idiots on ESPN blabber about.

more cowbell
06-21-2012, 01:08 AM
This stuff STILL surprises people when ESPN blows the Patriots. Jets, and Cowboys????

HAMMER
06-22-2012, 01:16 PM

Here we go again, every summer someone shows their ignorance and talks about the Pats being overrated, how they are going downhill, etc. Let's just realize that as long as Brady and Belichick are in NE they are the team to beat. I mean it's not like that hasn't been the case for the last twelve years.

BillsOverDolphins
06-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Here we go again, every summer someone shows their ignorance and talks about the Pats being overrated, how they are going downhill, etc. Let's just realize that as long as Brady and Belichick are in NE they are the team to beat. I mean it's not like that hasn't been the case for the last twelve years.

+1. You would think after 11+ years of being wrong they'd stfu, but some people never learn...

PTI
06-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Patriots were the 2nd worst team in the NFL in yards allowed and barely lost the Super Bowl, they are a very scary team still. They will be favored in every game they play this season, most of them by at least a touchdown, they have a chance to really go 16-0 with that weak schedule.

ServoBillieves
06-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Buffalo is not a big media market. Although I'm astonished that they got off their knees for a minute to stop congratulating the ridiculously scripted NBA Finals, I'm not surprised that they slurped up some Patsies* essence in the process. Being such a small market, the Bills aren't going to garner much attention, and a team from *cough* "Boston" is going to be a media darling. It's like my Pirates. They had the best record in baseball since May and it was mentioned for a 20 second spot on Sports Center.

ESPN is pure bull****. They are paid from the outside, they are persuaded, and they are very biased. Not every anchor needs to have a stupid catch phrase or make highlights funny, if they truly were the "Worldwide Leader in Sports" then they would be completely neutral. The best part about ESPN is that they hire already-millionaires to fill their positions. So many communication majors can't find work yet a guy who played football/basketball for 7 years and made millions of dollars gets a job just because his name is recognizable. When half the US doesn't give 2 ****s about soccer, it's #1 broadcasted there and #2 in it's top plays every day. Being from Buffalo, don't you guys wonder why you can't see ANY Hockey highlights other than Devils/Rangers/Penguins highlights? Sorry that Versus outbid you for rights. Same teams, same players, and 45 minutes of Lebron James talk gets really, really old after a while, but before work I can't watch "Insanity" workout infomercials and I love sports that much.

That being said, our defense is still unproven. We did make the biggest upgrades, we lost almost nothing, we drafted well on defense, but we aren't the Patriots, and unless Marcellus is on the show they don't care about the Patriots.

The Patriots are a good team, but good Lord their secondary is STILL atrocious. They are STILL cheaters, they STILL are Brady to Welker and 10 yards at a time, they STILL will play dirty, and they STILL are going to be favorites to anyone trying to hold a job and not look wrong. Always remember, when it comes to ESPN, it wasn't how the Bills beat the Patriots, it was how the Patriots lost.

There is no winning with the media unless we make the playoffs. Mark Anderson needs to rip Brady's jersey while throwing his ass to the ground on 3rd down and I will get so, so sick of the Sanchez/Tebow talk ALL ****ING SEASON.

Pardon my rant... but honestly it's ridiculous.

justasportsfan
06-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Bills will sweep the PAts. You heard it hear first

BillsOverDolphins
06-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Bills will sweep the PAts. You heard it hear first

No.

mjt328
06-22-2012, 05:47 PM
The Patriots have certainly earned the right to get respect from the media. But there certainly is a double-standard when it comes to reporting on them.

Drafted by any other team, a player may be considered a "reach."
If he is selected by New England, then Belichek must know something other teams don't.

Free agent pickups like Ochocinco or Fat Albert would earn most teams criticism - for adding troublemakers that divide the locker room.
On New England, they are considered valuable veteran additions.

You just have to get used to it. Or do like I do, and try your best to ignore the idiots at ESPN.
Someday, Brady and/or Belichek will retire, and the party will be over. Then ESPN reporters will shift their attention to someone else that will drive us nuts.

feldspar
06-24-2012, 06:31 AM
People actually PAY for this stuff?