PDA

View Full Version : Some Day One mini-camp observations

Coach Sal
06-19-2012, 08:16 PM
First day. A long way to go, but it was great being out there watching football again. Here are some mini-camp mini-observations:

http://wgr550.com/pages/13492635 … (http://t.co/aKsCjrCM)

YardRat
06-19-2012, 08:22 PM
Thanks.

TigerJ
06-20-2012, 12:35 AM
I saw a comment elsewhere that Mark Anderson beat Glenn a number of times. Do you have any thoughts, Sal about whether that was because Glenn doesn't have the athletic ability to stay with good RDEs or is it just that he's a youngster who's being schooled by a wiley veteran who has a very quick first step?

BTW, thanks for the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw a comment elsewhere that Mark Anderson beat Glenn a number of times. Do you have any thoughts, Sal about whether that was because Glenn doesn't have the athletic ability to stay with good RDEs or is it just that he's a youngster who's being schooled by a wiley veteran who has a very quick first step?

- - - Updated - - -

BillsOverDolphins
06-20-2012, 01:11 AM
Danke

Coach Sal
06-20-2012, 06:34 AM

Thanks.

I think it's just a matter of letting the kid get some reps and learn right now. He's young, it was his first day.

But, also, he won his share of battles, too. It wasn't like Anderson beat him every time they were out there together. It was more from the fact that when he did, people noticed because they were watching the matchup specifically.

Mario got in a few times from the other side, too. But he was also held out several times. And by held, I mean literally held :)

DraftBoy
06-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Glenn is going to be getting the biggest test of all this offseason/camp. He'll have every opportunity to nail down the LT job and will be more prepared than any other rookie OT to play given who he will be facing every day. That being said the other side of the same coin is that the coaches are going to know pretty quickly whether he's a LT, RT, or needs to kick inside to OG.

k-oneputt
06-20-2012, 07:45 AM
Does Troup ever practice ? Ever ?
I thought he was supposed to be ready this year.
I don't think he's going to last long this coming camp.

justasportsfan
06-20-2012, 08:20 AM
thanks coach Sal