PDA

View Full Version : Offseason Realism vs. Offseason Optimism

ParanoidAndroid
06-20-2012, 06:47 AM
Please refrain from replying to this without reading the whole thing. :D

First, here's my stance. While it is not necessarily an expectation, it's way more fun (for me) to imagine the best than to have someone constantly showing me the "reality" of being a Bills fan. I already know how hard loving the Bills is and I certainly don't need to be "realistic" about it when I read something for entertainment value. I'm an optimist, and there's some insanity in how many times I have come right back for more after my hopes have been dashed. "Thank you, Ralph! May I please have another?" What's absurd is how emotional I can get over a game and that absurdity is the true reality.

While for me, hope is part of the fun, part of the excitement (even if it ends in failure), I can't help but to imagine how much harder it is to be a fan when every piece of positive news is taken with the most abrasive grains of salt. From my prospective, some fans seem like salty, bitter, damaged goods. I completely get it, though. I can understand how, given this team's history, one would find the need to protect their emotions with a steady dose of skepticism. It's preventative medicine, I guess.

The bottom line here is that we all have our own way of being a fan and dealing with both victory and defeat. If we are to participate in discussion on a public message board and share our thoughts, then they should be respected on that merit. The arguments about "reality" vs. "optimism" that escalate into insults and other negativity are pointless. Besides, who needs that added stress?

GO BILLS!

BillsOverDolphins
06-20-2012, 07:13 AM
Good post for the most part, but I think you fail to realize that the optimists are the ones that have the pitchfork-mob mentality when it comes to the handful of pessimists on this site--not the other way around. It's been that way for years. Dissenting, negative opinions about the team are not tolerated here--even though said dissenters are batting 1.000.

I agree, however, that there should be optimism this year. The offseason's been fantastic so far, we've upgraded our roster, and we're basically getting full participation from the team and everybody seems to have a positive attitude. That being said, we still have glaring holes at WR, TE, and maybe even QB--positions that are of vital importance in today's pass-happy league. I just think cautious optimism is better than brainless gung-ho "let's go Bills!", only to get a swift kick in the nuts every year.

ddaryl
06-20-2012, 07:22 AM
some people are half full types and some are half empty.

ParanoidAndroid
06-20-2012, 07:23 AM
I did not give the pitchfork-mob any thought at all. I'm not pointing any fingers or saying one way is better than the other. I think maybe you missed the point.
No biggy.

ParanoidAndroid
06-20-2012, 07:24 AM
some people are half full types and some are half empty.

You got it.

:cheers:

BillsOverDolphins
06-20-2012, 07:31 AM
I did not give the pitchfork-mob any thought at all. I'm not pointing any fingers or saying one way is better than the other. I think maybe you missed the point.
No biggy.

The bottom line here is that we all have our own way of being a fan and dealing with both victory and defeat. If we are to participate in discussion on a public message board and share our thoughts, then they should be respected on that merit. The arguments about "reality" vs. "optimism" that escalate into insults and other negativity are pointless. Besides, who needs that added stress?

GO BILLS!

No, I understood it just fine. You want all opinions to be respected, but the truth of the matter is I can pull up any thread where OP has posted or some other "realist," and he's bashed for not suckling on the company teat. I'm not saying you specifically are guilty of this, but you also can't possibly be ignorant to that reality on BZ either.

No biggy.

Mr. Pink
06-20-2012, 07:34 AM
I always go into each season with realism. This is the first year in a while where there is some optimism included.

I still think we're likely another strong offseason away from playoffs though but we're heading in the right direction for a change.

We'll be near .500 in my opinion.

ParanoidAndroid
06-20-2012, 10:25 AM
No, I understood it just fine. You want all opinions to be respected, but the truth of the matter is I can pull up any thread where OP has posted or some other "realist," and he's bashed for not suckling on the company teat. I'm not saying you specifically are guilty of this, but you also can't possibly be ignorant to that reality on BZ either.

No biggy.

*sigh*

- - - Updated - - -

I always go into each season with realism. This is the first year in a while where there is some optimism included.

I still think we're likely another strong offseason away from playoffs though but we're heading in the right direction for a change.

We'll be near .500 in my opinion.

BillsOverDolphins
06-20-2012, 11:00 AM
*sigh*

- - - Updated - - -

Cool throwaway post. Next time try not to be so obvious with your agenda.

OpIv37
06-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Here's the thing:

Realism and optimism aren't mutually exclusive.

Sometimes, optimism is supported by reality. For example, the addition of Mario Williams and Mark Anderson to a DL that already has solid DT's is a realistic reason for optimism.

Sometimes, optimism is not supported by reality. For example, we are hearing- for at least the 3rd year in a row- how Shawne Merriman is returning to his "Lights Out" form. But the reality is that Merriman hasn't proven he can stay healthy, and until he does, there is no realistic reason to be optimistic about it.

The problem on this board is that for years, a handful of posters have been trying to talk about the team realistically (myself included), and, unfortunately, the team has been so bad over the last 12 years or so that there wasn't a whole lot of "positive" things to talk about. A handful of other people, who didn't want their optimistic delusions shattered by reality, started labeling those realistic people as "pessimists" or "negative nancies." When the realistic people pointed out that they were just trying to be realistic about the team, the label "realist" took on a negative connotation, as if the "realists" could never be optimistic about the team. However, the reality is that the "realists" weren't optimistic because there simply wasn't any reason to be, and most of the "realists" have proven that they can be optimistic when an objective, realistic look at the team warrants it.

The situation got even worse when the "realists" turned out to be right, and the "homers" or "optimists" started accusing them of caring more about being right than about the team winning, which is completely uncalled for.

There is no guarantee that being a fan is going to be fun. There is no guarantee that being a fan won't be hard. Yes, football is entertainment and a distraction from the more important/stressful things in life, but that doesn't mean it's always going to be good. Some people seem to think that because football is entertainment, it always has to be good/fun/easy and there is always reason to be optimistic about it. I will never understand that mentality, or any other mentality that attempts to make something into something that it is not. Reality is what it is and there is no sense in trying to make something better just because we think we're supposed to enjoy it.

stuckincincy
06-20-2012, 11:34 AM
I am pleased that you have read Dickens' Bleak House. Your post would do the Circumlocution Department justice. :cheers:

BillsOverDolphins
06-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Here's the thing:

Sometimes, optimism is supported by reality. For example, the addition of Mario Williams and Mark Anderson to a DL that already has solid DT's is a realistic reason for optimism.

Sometimes, optimism is not supported by reality. For example, we are hearing- for at least the 3rd year in a row- how Shawne Merriman is returning to his "Lights Out" form. But the reality is that Merriman hasn't proven he can stay healthy, and until he does, there is no realistic reason to be optimistic about it.

The problem on this board is that for years, a handful of posters have been trying to talk about the team realistically (myself included), and, unfortunately, the team has been so bad over the last 12 years or so that there wasn't a whole lot of "positive" things to talk about. A handful of other people, who didn't want their optimistic delusions shattered by reality, started labeling those realistic people as "pessimists" or "negative nancies." When the realistic people pointed out that they were just trying to be realistic about the team, the label "realist" took on a negative connotation, as if the "realists" could never be optimistic about the team. However, the reality is that the "realists" weren't optimistic because there simply wasn't any reason to be, and most of the "realists" have proven that they can be optimistic when an objective, realistic look at the team warrants it.

The situation got even worse when the "realists" turned out to be right, and the "homers" or "optimists" started accusing them of caring more about being right than about the team winning, which is completely uncalled for.

There is no guarantee that being a fan is going to be fun. There is no guarantee that being a fan won't be hard. Yes, football is entertainment and a distraction from the more important/stressful things in life, but that doesn't mean it's always going to be good. Some people seem to think that because football is entertainment, it always has to be good/fun/easy and there is always reason to be optimistic about it. I will never understand that mentality, or any other mentality that attempts to make something into something that it is not. Reality is what it is and there is no sense in trying to make something better just because we think we're supposed to enjoy it.

That's all fine and dandy, but don't interfere with anybody's fantasies on here. This is a place where we embrace mediocrity and coddle each other, as well as the team.

God bless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jjcxFGEysE&feature=related

ParanoidAndroid
06-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Here's the thing:

Exactly. I'm trying to convey the perspective that we go about this differently. I have more fun when reality is suspended. I'm not delusional.... It's like the make-up and digitally enhanced photography of all these BorB women in people's sigs. You know they aren't that perfect in reality, but no one is going to talk about that reality because it's not as fun.

I mean to point it out equally, that you should not have to be chastised for the way you regard the Bills PR message. You always think objectively, Op. Your post is appreciated.

BoverD on the other hand......different kind of chap.

ParanoidAndroid
06-20-2012, 05:21 PM
Cool throwaway post. Next time try not to be so obvious with your agenda.

I'm not sure what any of this post means.

BillsOverDolphins
06-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Exactly. I'm trying to convey the perspective that we go about this differently. I have more fun when reality is suspended. I'm not delusional.... It's like the make-up and digitally enhanced photography of all these BorB women in people's sigs. You know they aren't that perfect in reality, but no one is going to talk about that reality because it's not as fun.

I mean to point it out equally, that you should not have to be chastised for the way you regard the Bills PR message. You always think objectively, Op. Your post is appreciated.

BoverD on the other hand......different kind of chap.

Aww...bwess your wittle heart.

YardRat
06-20-2012, 08:31 PM
I admit to being a little bit schizophrenic...sometimes I'm an optimist, sometimes a realist. Either way it's fun.

mjt328
06-21-2012, 08:18 AM
I always try to realistic about the Bills.
For instance, after another questionable offseason, I predicted only 4 wins last year. Even with the early season surge - I wasn't that far off.

At the same time, I try to stay optimistic about the Bills chances.
If I can't have that mentality - the season is over before it even starts.
I WANT to believe that Buddy Nix knows what he is doing. I WANT to believe that Ryan Fitzpatrick will be a more consistent passer. I WANT to believe Shawn Merriman can return to his pre-injury Pro Bowl form.

With that said, (like someone else said) those two feeling do not have to be exclusive.
For the first time in a DECADE, the Bills have actually put together an excellent offseason. Dare I say, every move since the season ended has been the right one for this franchise.
> Replacing George Edwards with Dave Wannstedt at DC - along with the switch back to a 4-3 defense
> Re-signing Steve Johnson and Fred Jackson
> Free agent signings of Mario Williams and Mark Anderson
> Excellent drafting that added needed talent and filled the necessary holes - Stephon Gilmore, Cordy Glenn, etc.
> Not to mention the players coming back from injury: Kyle Williams, Fred Jackson, Eric Wood... OR that a lot of our emerging talent like Marcel Dareus, Aaron Williams and Kelvin Sheppard will only be entering their second NFL season

Based on team improvements, even the "experts" on ESPN and other news outlets are taking notice and starting predict us for a playoff slot.
In fact, I would venture to say that a person that doesn't expect success with this squad, is NOT being realistic.

OpIv37
06-21-2012, 08:28 AM
I always try to realistic about the Bills.
For instance, after another questionable offseason, I predicted only 4 wins last year. Even with the early season surge - I wasn't that far off.

I WANT to believe that Buddy Nix knows what he is doing. I WANT to believe that Ryan Fitzpatrick will be a more consistent passer. I WANT to believe Shawn Merriman can return to his pre-injury Pro Bowl form.

This goes back to a point I've made on here many, many times: there is a difference between hope and expectations.

I HOPE that Fitz is more consistent and Merriman returns to pre-injury form and our young DB's can play well immediately and someone steps up at #2 WR and Easley finally contributes and we avoid major injuries, etc.....

And it's unrealistic to expect ALL those things to happen, which is what would be necessary for this team to be a legit contender.

And this is where the expectations come in: it's also unrealistic to think none of those things would happen, so it's reasonable to expect this team to improve in some key areas.

In the past, I didn't think the expectation of improvement was very reasonable- I hoped it would happen, but just didn't see any logical reason to expect it. And generally, I was right. This season, I hope we win the SB, but I don't see any logical reason to expect it. However, I do think it's reasonable to expect improvement and expect us to contend for a playoff spot.

TigerJ
06-22-2012, 11:40 AM
I count myself among the optimists here on this message board, but I agree that optimism and realism are not mutually exclusive. I get that what looks good on paper does not always translate to the field. I have never been bothered by those who are less optimistic, and nor do I tend to get on someone's case for being negative. It's all about opinions here and nobody's opinion is any more or less valid than anybody else's.

Jan Reimers
06-26-2012, 01:19 PM
I am a Bills' fan. Fan is short for fanatic. So I root for the Bills. I am hopeful, optimistic, and try to look at everything Bills-related in the most positive way. As a fan, when things go wrong, I can also get frustrated, ugly, and really down on the team. This, I think, is how most fans act.

I am not an analyst, a jounalist, or any sort of media type who has to remain objective, or neutral or noncommittal.

I am a FAN, and I wear my heart on my sleave. I take losses personally. I know our weaknesses but don't dwell on them, choosing instead to look and hope for the best.

I hate this freaking optimist vs. realist BS, and I hate being called a homer, which used to be reserved for announcers, sports writers, etc. who openly rooted for their home team.

Fans are supposed to be optimists and homers for Pete's sake, or they wouldn't be FANS.

ParanoidAndroid
06-26-2012, 02:17 PM
I am a Bills' fan. Fan is short for fanatic. So I root for the Bills. I am hopeful, optimistic, and try to look at everything Bills-related in the most positive way. As a fan, when things go wrong, I can also get frustrated, ugly, and really down on the team. This, I think, is how most fans act.

I am not an analyst, a jounalist, or any sort of media type who has to remain objective, or neutral or noncommittal.

I am a FAN, and I wear my heart on my sleave. I take losses personally. I know our weaknesses but don't dwell on them, choosing instead to look and hope for the best.

I hate this freaking optimist vs. realist BS, and I hate being called a homer, which used to be reserved for announcers, sports writers, etc. who openly rooted for their home team.

Fans are supposed to be optimists and homers for Pete's sake, or they wouldn't be FANS.

:bf1:

stuckincincy
06-26-2012, 02:30 PM
:bow:

BillsOverDolphins
06-26-2012, 03:23 PM

5 gold stars for you, Jan.

I prefer to have tempered expectations and be pleasantly surprised by any success, rather than blowing my wad every preseason.

To each his own, though...

better days
06-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Here's the thing:

Well, there are realists, optimists & pessimists. To say there is no realistic reason to be optimistic that Merriman can be healthy next year is to ignore the fact that Merriman for the first time had surgery this offseason on the injury that has plagued him. Am I an optimist to think Merriman will stay healthy this year? ABSOLUTELY. Are you a realist to say there is no realistic reason Merriman can be expected to stay healthy? No, you are a PESSIMIST, not a realist.

Extremebillsfan247
06-27-2012, 06:18 AM
It shouldn't matter which side of the fence you swing from, we are all here for the same common reason. Just don't let somebody from a message board determine how you should follow your team. If you want to be an optimist, a realist, or a little bit of both, then go for it. The decision is yours. That's my opinion.

better days
06-27-2012, 06:58 AM
It shouldn't matter which side of the fence you swing from, we are all here for the same common reason. Just don't let somebody from a message board determine how you should follow your team. If you want to be an optimist, a realist, or a little bit of both, then go for it. The decision is yours. That's my opinion.

I agree & if someone wants to be a pessimist, that is fine as well as long as they are a Bills fan. I just don't like trolls from other teams running down the Bills myself.

OpIv37
06-27-2012, 07:11 AM
Well, there are realists, optimists & pessimists. To say there is no realistic reason to be optimistic that Merriman can be healthy next year is to ignore the fact that Merriman for the first time had surgery this offseason on the injury that has plagued him. Am I an optimist to think Merriman will stay healthy this year? ABSOLUTELY. Are you a realist to say there is no realistic reason Merriman can be expected to stay healthy? No, you are a PESSIMIST, not a realist.

Disagree completely.

If surgery would have helped Merriman, why wouldn't he have just gotten it 2 years ago? And usually when a player has missed a lot of time and is coming of of surgery, it takes time to get back into shape and adjust to the speed of the game (assuming that ever happens at all). Yet, somehow, in this case, the fact that Merriman is recovering from surgery is somehow a GOOD thing? Huh?

On top of that, he had a knee injury, and by the time that was fixed, he got the Achilles' injury, so even if the surgery does help, something else could come up.

Merriman's last healthy season was 2007. Surgery or not, he has to PROVE he can stay healthy before there's any realistic reason to expect that he can. It's nothing but mental masturbation.

better days
06-27-2012, 07:30 AM
Disagree completely.

If surgery would have helped Merriman, why wouldn't he have just gotten it 2 years ago? And usually when a player has missed a lot of time and is coming of of surgery, it takes time to get back into shape and adjust to the speed of the game (assuming that ever happens at all). Yet, somehow, in this case, the fact that Merriman is recovering from surgery is somehow a GOOD thing? Huh?

On top of that, he had a knee injury, and by the time that was fixed, he got the Achilles' injury, so even if the surgery does help, something else could come up.

Merriman's last healthy season was 2007. Surgery or not, he has to PROVE he can stay healthy before there's any realistic reason to expect that he can. It's nothing but mental masturbation.

You can disagree all you want OP, pessimist that you are. Just don't pretend to be a realist.

OpIv37
06-27-2012, 07:42 AM
You can disagree all you want OP, pessimist that you are. Just don't pretend to be a realist.

I'm not pretending to be a realist. I am one. The guy hasn't been healthy in over 4 years, yet, you think he got the magic cure-all surgery and that's going to solve the problem. You're believing that he can do something that he hasn't proven he can do because you want to believe it. That's not realistic. I'm believing what the results have shown because that's realistic.

BillsOverDolphins
06-27-2012, 07:45 AM

Ever since his last good season (2007), Shawne Merriman has played in only 23 games (14 of which came in 2009) and recorded only 5 sacks in that time frame.

Saying Merriman has to "PROVE he can stay healthy" after missing 41 of his last 64 games is about as realistic a take as you can get.

better days
06-27-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm not pretending to be a realist. I am one. The guy hasn't been healthy in over 4 years, yet, you think he got the magic cure-all surgery and that's going to solve the problem. You're believing that he can do something that he hasn't proven he can do because you want to believe it. That's not realistic. I'm believing what the results have shown because that's realistic.

The point is we don't know what the results from the surgery will be because he has not had surgery before. You are a pessimist, not a realist. A realist would acknowledge that the surgery has possibly improved Merrimans health. I already admitted I was being optimistic to think Merriman will be healthy, but you are being pessimistic to think that Merriman can't be healthy after having surgery that everyone that has seen him say was successful.

better days
06-27-2012, 08:11 AM
Ever since his last good season (2007), Shawne Merriman has played in only 23 games (14 of which came in 2009) and recorded only 5 sacks in that time frame.

Saying Merriman has to "PROVE he can stay healthy" after missing 41 of his last 64 games is about as realistic a take as you can get.

I agree Merriman will have to prove he can stay healthy, but after having surgery for the first time this offseason, I think there is a realistic chance of that happening.

Jan Reimers
06-27-2012, 08:23 AM
I'll just make one more point in this thread. This offseason, we have elevated Dave Wannstadt to DC, hired David Lee to mentor Fitz and our other QBs, acquired Mario Williams, Mark Anderson and Vince Young, had what appears to be a great draft, and are getting several key players, including Wood, K. Williams, Jackson and Merriman, back from injuries.

If some of you can't be really, really pumped - not just cautiously optimistic - then I would reassess what being a FAN really means.

BillsOverDolphins
06-27-2012, 08:27 AM
I'll just make one more point in this thread. This offseason, we have elevated Dave Wannstadt to DC, hired David Lee to mentor Fitz and our other QBs, acquired Mario Williams, Mark Anderson and Vince Young, had what appears to be a great draft, and are getting several key players, including Wood, K. Williams, Jackson and Merriman, back from injuries.

If some of you can't be really, really pumped - not just cautiously optimistic - then I would reassess what being a FAN really means.

I can agree with this...I am pumped for the season after what's transpired this offseason--but I don't think every aspect of this team is worthy of such unbridled optimism. For instance, it's realistic to be optimistic about our D-Line and young (but talented) secondary. It's not realistic to be optimistic about our craptastic WR corps.

justasportsfan
06-27-2012, 08:35 AM

Call me a Debbie Downer since I'm not that pumped with all those moves because I won't be able to watch the bills (live) win the sb this season.

justasportsfan
06-27-2012, 08:39 AM
I'm not pretending to be a realist. I am one.The guy hasn't been healthy in over 4 years,

Meh. Realistic . Really? Revis destroying us is not realistic. He still hasn't done it in 4 games :snicker:

OpIv37
06-27-2012, 08:53 AM

Being a fan means you follow the team and HOPE they win. It doesn't mean you automatically EXPECT them to win. It doesn't mean you have to check any semblance of reality at the door.

As far as being pumped, the last decade has beaten the ability for me to become pumped right out of me. I used to be way too emotionally invested in the games. I'd get really pissed if they lost and really excited if they win. Now I'm just numb to it, because a loss just means a higher draft pick and a win means so little because we can't make the playoffs anyway.

That being said, as I previously stated, I do think there are realistic reasons for optimism and it is certainly reasonable to expect the team to improve.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh. Realistic . Really? Revis destroying us is not realistic. He still hasn't done it in 4 games :snicker:

Revis is a great player. Expecting him to have bad games every single time he plays the Bills is not realistic.

Jan Reimers
06-27-2012, 08:55 AM
I can agree with this...I am pumped for the season after what's transpired this offseason--but I don't think every aspect of this team is worthy of such unbridled optimism. For instance, it's realistic to be optimistic about our D-Line and young (but talented) secondary. It's not realistic to be optimistic about our craptastic WR corps.

No team is loaded at every position. But we are better, and deeper, at most every position than we have been for many seasons.

I agree that we need to find a speedy, field-stretching WR. I am hopeful that Easley or Graham will fill that role, but there are no guarantees. Johnson and Nelson are proven receivers, and with Jones, Hagan, Roosevelt, Easley and Graham, I think our receivers will be better than "craptastic," although they are not our strongest unit.

justasportsfan
06-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Revis is a great player. Expecting him to have bad games every single time he plays the Bills is not realistic.

I never expected him to always have a bad game but expecting and proving are 2 different things. He hasn't proven it yet therefore, it's not realistic to think he's just going to destroy us (not talkng about any other wr here).

Just like Revis and Bills. They both have to prove it. You can't use one and then ignore the other.

BillsOverDolphins
06-27-2012, 09:20 AM
No team is loaded at every position. But we are better, and deeper, at most every position than we have been for many seasons.

I agree that we need to find a speedy, field-stretching WR. I am hopeful that Easley or Graham will fill that role, but there are no guarantees. Johnson and Nelson are proven receivers, and with Jones, Hagan, Roosevelt, Easley and Graham, I think our receivers will be better than "craptastic," although they are not our strongest unit.

Of course no team is loaded at every position, but our lack of playmakers/game-changers in the WR/TE corps is troubling. I'm right there with you hoping Easley stays healthy and reaches his potential. Him and Graham are the great unknowns, and either of them starting is an encouraging sign. Donald Jones starting again would be a terrible omen.

BillyT92679
06-27-2012, 09:21 AM

I think this is an important distinction.

The opposite of optimism is pessimism, not realism. It's like the opposite of conservatism is liberalism, not being a moderate.

I think it's realistic to say the Bills will be somewhere between 6-10 to 10-6 this year with no playoff appearances. An improved team that looks good everywhere but is not quite ready yet.

I think it's optimistic to say they will be a playoff team. I think they are getting there, but will not overtake the Pats and it's hard when there are just two wild cards open.

I think it's pessimistic to say this team will be picking in the top 10 of the draft.

OpIv37
06-27-2012, 10:15 AM
I never expected him to always have a bad game but expecting and proving are 2 different things. He hasn't proven it yet therefore, it's not realistic to think he's just going to destroy us (not talkng about any other wr here).

Just like Revis and Bills. They both have to prove it. You can't use one and then ignore the other.

uggh, we already had this conversation in another thread and I've already covered this.

justasportsfan
06-27-2012, 10:27 AM
uggh, we already had this conversation in another thread and I've already covered this.

I know. Justaplayin with ya! I'm still right though. :D

Mike
06-27-2012, 10:31 AM

Sometimes its best when you are wrong. Last year I expected and predicted 4 wins. When 4 wins came within in the first 5 games (if I remember correctly) I was enthralled. I was glad to be wrong, and the surprise was quite fun.

All of that being said, I was still a realist at heart. The Cincinnati Loss opened my eyes quite a bit, as did wins against the Raiders, Pats, and Eagles - wins that should have been blowouts because of turnover battle margin or were outliers.

OpIv37
06-27-2012, 11:08 AM
just remember,people: an optimist can never be pleasantly surprised.

Ed
06-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Sure they can. That's like saying a pessimist can never be disappointed. This teams failures are upsetting and frustrating for everyone, not just the people that try to maintain a positive outlook.

better days
06-27-2012, 11:50 AM

Well, I just hope you will be pleasantly surprised next season...............all the way to the end.