• Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

CBS: Overrated/Underrated

PTI will love this:

Story

Buffalo Bills

Overrated: QB Ryan Fitzpatrick. What was the rush last season to sign him to a long-term deal? I know he had some injury issues that slowed him in the second half, but is he really the long-term answer?

Underrated: G Andy Levitre. He was really good at left guard early last season, but didn't play as well when injuries forced him to play left tackle. As a guard, he is a fighter and never backs down.
    Last edited by gr8slayer; 06-21-2012, 07:08 AM.
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: CBS: Overrated/Underrated

Comment

• ServoBillieves
      The Voice of Reason
      • Jul 2007

Why must we feed the troll?
      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Slim
        • Apr 2004

There is an ignore feature on this site guys.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I'm not really sure how Fitz is overrated.

I think pretty much everyone sees him for what he is. No one thinks he's the next Peyton Manning.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mikemac2001
            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
            • Mar 2003

ya isnt fitz getting average money? whats the big deal not like he is getting top 5-10

MUCK
            FIAMI

Comment

• Slim
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              I'm not really sure how Fitz is overrated.

I think pretty much everyone sees him for what he is. No one thinks he's the next Peyton Manning.
              I think the over-rated thing speaks more about his contract.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

According to this website, he's getting paid the 19th highest average salary for a quarterback.Which is right where he should be given the fact that he's a leader on this team, going into his 2nd contract with the Bills, and is the unquestioned starter going into the season. I don't think he's over or under rated, he's just rated.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                  http://www.spotrac.com/top-salaries/...e/quarterback/

According to this website, he's getting paid the 19th highest average salary for a quarterback.Which is right where he should be given the fact that he's a leader on this team, going into his 2nd contract with the Bills, and is the unquestioned starter going into the season. I don't think he's over or under rated, he's just rated.
                  Yeah we did not over pay in this day of age, and for all of Fitz's weaknesses, he can play at a high level, and the team around him supports him.

The Bills can walk away from this contract with a manageable cap hit of about $4 million after 2014 season, or bite the bullet for about 6 million in 2013. There is nothing guarenteed about those misc. bonuses.

A review of Fitz contract which really offers the Bills and easy out, and he is only guaranteed the last $9 million of his guaranteed contract if he is injured.

Last week, Buffalo Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick signed a six-year, $59 million contract extension with $24 million guaranteed. Thanks to some good reporting from Andrew Brandt at the National Football Post, we now have better details of Fitzpatrick's mega-deal. Let's take a look:

• The six-year extension tacks onto the expiration of his current deal. Therefore, Fitzpatrick is under contract at his original base salary ($3.22 million) for the remainder of 2011, and then the six-year deal kicks in, locking him up through the end of the 2017 season.
                  • Fitzpatrick will receive (or, possibly, has already received) a $10 million signing bonus. He'll also get a $5 million option bonus in March. That's $15 million of his $24 million guaranteed right there, and he'll get it within the next few months. The remaining $9 million in guarantees are only due to Fitzpatrick if he's on the roster but injured, per Brandt; that implies that if the Bills release him, there won't be anything else guaranteed to him. That's obviously huge.

• The new deal will pay Fitzpatrick $33 million over the first three years of the deal (2012 through 2014), and then will pay him the remaining $26 million over the final three years of the deal (2015 through 2017). This gives the Bills a little leeway if they're ready to move on from Fitzpatrick in the latter half of the deal, especially with the aforementioned lack of off-roster guarantees.

I'm with Brandt: this deal works well for both sides. Fitzpatrick is in line to make fat stacks (yeah, I watch a lot of Breaking Bad), but the Bills have a ton of flexibility to opt out of the deal after a few years.

We all know Nix would draft a QB if he truly felt there was one worth pursuing. But we also no Nix will never pull a Snyder and give up 3 1st rd picks + to get one.

Comment

• PTI
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2011

Fitz is an average backup QB getting paid big money to be a really bad starter. He is overrated because this staff has done little to replace a guy who has shown no upside and has been a consistent loser when given the chance to start and play consistently.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by PTI View Post
                      Fitz is an average backup QB getting paid big money to be a really bad starter. He is overrated because this staff has done little to replace a guy who has shown no upside and has been a consistent loser when given the chance to start and play consistently.
                      Ok, I agree we could use an upgrade, but please explain to me what the FO realistically could have done to replace him.

And keep in mind I said "REALISTICALLY." Spending $20 million a season to rent Peyton for 2 years or trading 3 first round draft picks for RGIII does not fall under the category of "realistic."
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• PTI
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        Ok, I agree we could use an upgrade, but please explain to me what the FO realistically could have done to replace him.

And keep in mind I said "REALISTICALLY." Spending $20 million a season to rent Peyton for 2 years or trading 3 first round draft picks for RGIII does not fall under the category of "realistic."
                        I have already said many times, anyone but Fitz. It is crazy to expect different results. I mean seriously, Fitz is not better than Kyle Orton, but 3 teams have seen him start, and win, but not win enough, and believe he is not the answer. He won a heck of a lot more than Fitz ever has, be wins twice as often as Fitz, and he was deemed not good enough. He is 35-34 and has better overall numbers on teams that did not have much at WR either. Fitz is 17-31-1. Jason Campbell is now a backup, he is 31-39 as a starter, and way better careen numbers than Fitz and I believe would have led the Raiders to the playoffs hd he not got hurt last year. He would have been an instant upgrade. Vince Young should start over Fitzpatrick. Ever watch SHaun Hill play? He was not very good in Buffalo a few years ago, Fitz was bad in that game too. He is better than Fitzpatrick, had way better numbers as a backup than Fitz before Fitz got a shot. Tarvaris Jackson is better and more successful in his career on mediocre teams as a starter too.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

In another thread you said he should be ranked 50. No wonder why we call you a troll.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• buffalobillsfan95
                            • Jan 2010

I have already said many times, anyone but Fitz. It is crazy to expect different results. I mean seriously, Fitz is not better than Kyle Orton, but 3 teams have seen him start, and win, but not win enough, and believe he is not the answer. He won a heck of a lot more than Fitz ever has, be wins twice as often as Fitz, and he was deemed not good enough. He is 35-34 and has better overall numbers on teams that did not have much at WR either. Fitz is 17-31-1. Jason Campbell is now a backup, he is 31-39 as a starter, and way better careen numbers than Fitz and I believe would have led the Raiders to the playoffs hd he not got hurt last year. He would have been an instant upgrade. Vince Young should start over Fitzpatrick. Ever watch SHaun Hill play? He was not very good in Buffalo a few years ago, Fitz was bad in that game too. He is better than Fitzpatrick, had way better numbers as a backup than Fitz before Fitz got a shot. Tarvaris Jackson is better and more successful in his career on mediocre teams as a starter too.
                            I don't understand why you wouldn't want fitz to start? I think its a win. I agree that he isn't very consistent with his playing, but when he is on, he is a game changer. However if he is as bad as you say, then we should be picking in the top 5 again. Next year with Landry jones, Barkley, bray coming out, we shurley could find a good qb.

You would also prefer anyone besides fitz, but not a single player we could go after is a franchise qb. Therefore we are investing more wasted time in a qb that won't succeed. Fitz has been in this offense going on 3 years giving us the best shot. Even though he could **** the bed this year, we would just draft a qb early and let him sit like locker.

I agree fitz isn't the 1 but I do believe the bills need him to keep the team moving at a wildcard pase till we do grab one.
                            “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Jun 2003

Please say NO to Landry Jones. If we're going to end up being THAT bad, go full-on suck for Barkley.
                              Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

Working...
                              X