PDA

View Full Version : My Day THREE mini-camp observations

Coach Sal
06-21-2012, 06:03 PM
Last day. It was hot as hell out there. Next stop, training camp.

Here ya go: http://wgr550.com/CAPACCIO-Bills-Day-3-Mini-camp-observations/13516354

SquishDaFish
06-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Thanx for all 3 days recaps bro

Skooby
06-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Great report Coach, it's always a pleasure to hear it from you.

Patti120
06-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Thanks Sal! Great to have you covering this stuff! Much appreciated!

better days
06-22-2012, 06:27 AM
Last day. It was hot as hell out there. Next stop, training camp.

Here ya go: http://wgr550.com/CAPACCIO-Bills-Day-3-Mini-camp-observations/13516354

Great report Sal, but hot as hell? Don't tell me your blood has already gotten thick up in Buffalo.

Jan Reimers
06-22-2012, 07:31 AM
Three great reports, Sal.

jamze132
06-22-2012, 08:58 AM
Thanks.

justasportsfan
06-22-2012, 09:29 AM
Thanks Coach Sal

Seems like everyone including people you wouldn't expect are getting noticed or stepping it up in practice. People are talking about Byrd and in other reports Rodgers . The There's Dickerson . Looks like we may have some depth after all.

I expected Wilson to start dropping off because of age but from reading reports , he's actually getting better.

TigerJ
06-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the reports, Sal, and pass on our thanks to Joe Buscaglia too.

I was especially interested in the observations on Nigel Bradham. The word on him following the draft was that while he was a great athlete, is built like Tarzan, and was a big time hitter in college, he might lack the football intelligence and instincts to be as effective as he might be if he possessed those attributes. The reports I read seem to dispute that and suggest he may be just fine in the instincts/intelligence department. There have been several players acquired this offseason that we expect to have a significant impact on the Bills this season. To have a guy come in who was not expected to be an impact player and be better than advertised is just icing on the cake.

ddaryl
06-22-2012, 11:50 AM
The best reads regarding Mini Camp were coming from Sal and Joe

Bradham is having a heluva an impact. Nothing but high praise for Gilmore. Offense is doing well..

Getting excited for football season, and yes I've been excited before but this year is clearly different. year 3 of Nix / Gailey and I like a lot of what I am hearing.. We're dialed in baby

http://retrohack.com/_retroh_wp_root/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/theSnoopyDance.gif

Coach Sal
06-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Great report Sal, but hot as hell? Don't tell me your blood has already gotten thick up in Buffalo.

Haha, after being out there for a couple hours I said to myself, "how did I survive in Florida for 16 years?!"

It was hot for what I've already gotten used to back here in Buffalo. But I guess I shouldn't complain too much knowing what it gets like down there :)

BillsOverDolphins
06-22-2012, 01:54 PM
I echo the sentiments about Bradham. Great to hear updates on his progress...I thought he was one of our more underrated picks in the draft. With his athleticism and (apparent) ability to cover, could he take Morrison's job at the SAM by next year? Might not be his ideal spot, but I just want to see him on the field.

tatersalad
06-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Sal: does this look like a Play Off team I know no pads but the athleticism should be there

Buffalogic
06-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Read all three days. Thanks for doing it for those of us that live out of state!

YardRat
06-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Thanks Sal :beers:

Buddo
06-23-2012, 03:46 AM
Thanks for the reports Sal. Just about everything I see from anyone, is saying that Gilmore knows how to get physical with WRs, which is really good to see, and hear. Very optimistic about what he can become.

Good to hear more stuff about some of the 'lesser lights' also, as they will have a part to play 'down the road'.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
06-23-2012, 06:06 AM
thanks coach!

Coach Sal
06-23-2012, 06:59 AM
Sal: does this look like a Play Off team I know no pads but the athleticism should be there

Tough to say that, of course.

But they are certainly expecting themselves to contend. There is a lot of competition and depth right now. More than I can remember in a long time, although I hadn't actually been at mini-camp til this year to see it live.

Most of the other media members I spoke with who have been at these things for years have agreed they look a lot better and deeper.

The thing that will help them contend for a playoff spot is that depth more than the talent, I think. Injuries will happen. But they appear to be in a much better position to handle them now than they were a year ago. Not as big of a drop off at most positions from starter to backup.

Night Train
06-23-2012, 07:04 AM
Awwesome job. Thanks. Best off-season in years. Let's play already.

ZAZusmc03
06-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Thanks Sal, you and Joe have done an outstanding job throughout the offseason and I know most of us really appreciate it!

thenry20
06-24-2012, 08:37 AM
Awesome thank you Coach!