PDA

View Full Version : Glenn vs Hairston

YardRat
06-22-2012, 08:04 PM
http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9034669.php?pid=248396

Once Erik Pears is back, Hairston will be in a training camp battle against Cordy Glenn for the starting left tackle job according to the head coach. When asked about it today, Gailey said he wasn't sure who would win the starting job. Glenn took every single rep at left tackle with the first team that the media was allowed to see.

BillsOverDolphins
06-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Hope Glenn wins. I like Hairston more as an RT, or a b/u.

Buddo
06-23-2012, 03:31 AM
In certain respects, Glenn has got lucky, in that Pears has been injured (well in re-hab anyway), allowing him to get the reps at LT early on. In an odd way, it might actually have been of benefit to Hairston also, as going at RT, might give him the chance to get ahead of Pears, sooner rather than later.
I like the look of what they've done with the OT situation, as all 3 guys can play either side if need be.
I wouldn't rule out Hairston, from either OT position, as the guy is smart, and that accounts for a fair bit. It's going to be a good competition all around, and who wins it, might come down to who is the best run blocker, depending on what Gailey wants to do a bit differently on offense.

Night Train
06-23-2012, 05:37 AM
It's who gets out of their stance better and performs well in pass blocking. That's the guy who will win the job.

The names never matter to me. I root for the blue laundry.

Extremebillsfan247
06-25-2012, 05:54 PM
If I were a betting man, my money would be on Glenn to win the starting LT spot.

Goobylal
06-25-2012, 06:51 PM
After just seeing Chris Brown's interview with Buddy Nix, looks like they're impressed with Glenn (and Gilmore), and barring any major setbacks when the pads go on, it's Glenn's job to lose.

Meathead
06-25-2012, 11:36 PM
ill take that bet and take hairston

putting hairston at rt and glenn at lt for the otas is the logical move. hairston already has eightish games at lt and having him practice at rt gives him some fresh exposure for that side in case he has to play there later. glenn needs the reps and coaching during otas to get prepared to compete for the job in camp

but once pears comes back and they are going head to head at lt i think hairston starts the season just based on a greater grasp of what they expect and the ability to execute it. but they clearly want glenn to take that job and will be looking for the first opportunity to plug him in as the season wears on

Ed
06-26-2012, 10:59 AM
It seems like Glenn has gotten all or at least the vast majority of the snaps at LT so far, so I expect him to be the favorite to win the LT job. However, it seems like Pears is just being handed the RT job without any real competition. Considering he is coming off of surgery and missed all the practices so far, I don't see why he shouldn't have to compete with Hairston at RT.

better days
06-26-2012, 05:14 PM
ill take that bet and take hairston

putting hairston at rt and glenn at lt for the otas is the logical move. hairston already has eightish games at lt and having him practice at rt gives him some fresh exposure for that side in case he has to play there later. glenn needs the reps and coaching during otas to get prepared to compete for the job in camp

but once pears comes back and they are going head to head at lt i think hairston starts the season just based on a greater grasp of what they expect and the ability to execute it. but they clearly want glenn to take that job and will be looking for the first opportunity to plug him in as the season wears on

I agree, this seems like a realistic outcome to me, you must be a realist.

X-Era
06-26-2012, 06:51 PM
I think Hairston will get a shot to start and may share rep's with the 1st unit to try to make his case. But I think, based on everything they've said, that Glenn has the inside track.

What we might see is Hairston take Pears job on the right side. I know they just resigned him but Hairston has talent as well.

Regardless, if Glenn wins the job I like the depth. But, I still would think about Marcus McNeil if he gets healthy.

YardRat
06-26-2012, 08:13 PM
Don't be surprised if it's Hairston on the left, and Glenn taking Pears job on the right, at least for this season.

Goobylal
06-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Pears is the starter at RT, period. The Bills don't want a rookie at LT and a 2nd year player at RT. The competition between Hairston and Glenn will be fierce, and the best man will win. Who will that be? I'll guess Glenn. But if it's Hairston, that's fine as well.

acehole
06-27-2012, 07:57 AM
Don't be surprised if it's Hairston on the left, and Glenn taking Pears job on the right, at least for this season.

I would be suprided based on Buddy comments....that it harder to go from rt to lt then LT to rt glen starting on rt would stunt his growth at LT.

That bieng his furture I doubt he plays there at all right now.

If anything if he doent grasp the plays he will be back up.

Is he getting beat at camp?

YardRat
06-27-2012, 04:51 PM
I would be suprided based on Buddy comments....that it harder to go from rt to lt then LT to rt glen starting on rt would stunt his growth at LT.

That bieng his furture I doubt he plays there at all right now.

If anything if he doent grasp the plays he will be back up.

Is he getting beat at camp?

I would be very surprised if Glenn couldn't beat out either incumbent. Regardless of the difficulty in switching from side to side, if Glenn can't take Hairston's job it would be foolish to not have him at RT and playing, opting instead for spot duty at LT. Just IMO.

I don't think he's had any real competition yet in the OTA's, with Pears not participating and Hairston filling in for him on the right. The competition should start at TC.

ZAZusmc03
06-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Ace, you are aware that a number of LTs start at RT as rookies right?

better days
06-27-2012, 10:21 PM
Ace, you are aware that a number of LTs start at RT as rookies right?

And a number are switched to RT after they have proven to the coaches that they can't handle LT.