• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Vince Young struggling with Buffalo Bills offense

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

The Buffalo Bills added free agent QB Vince Young this offseason, but according to reports, he is struggling to learn the base concepts of the team’s offensive scheme. Despite telling reporters that he is impressed with Young so far this season, Chan Gailey admits the signal caller is struggling with the concepts of the offense.

Gailey did admit to reporters that this gives the edge currently to Tyler Thigpen to land the back-up position behind Ryan Fitzpatrick. Young was brought in to the Bills with a low risk associated with him. Only $325,000 dollars of his contract was guaranteed.
    Last edited by YardRat; 06-23-2012, 06:44 PM.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Vince Young struggling with Buffalo Bills offense

More...

YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

You mean in all the time he's had to grasp it ??

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

Yeah I agree with Mitch on this one... Plenty of time to learn the offense going in to training camp.
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Rant Sports ? Really ?

LOL.

Is that the new Pat Moran site ?
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jun 2003

I don't care if he doesn't know one play by september...it's still better than Pigpen
            Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Jun 2003

lol Pat Moran...what an abortion
              Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Young will get the benefit of the full training camp to catch up, if he can. I'm not really a VY fan, but I still would be surprised if he doesn't unseat Thigpen.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Cali512
                  • Jan 2012

At no point in either of those did it even mention Thigpen, and also never did he use the term struggling, or having issues, he just said hes doing his best in a difficult situation. This is BS and a completely dumb rumor
                  Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Chan Gailey is learning just how stupid all these wannabe sports writers on the internet can be. Chan makes a couple of obvious observations about Vince Young during minicamp and everybody goes wild. Thigpen has had the advantage of working with a Chan Gailey offense for a long time now. The concepts and base formations are second nature to him now, as they are to Ryan Fitzpatrick. Chan is installing some new wrinkles this season, including if it works out, adding an H-back. Relatively speaking it is going to be much easier for Thigpen (and Fitzpatrick) to incorporate the new stuff than for Young as a newcomer, who is trying to absorb that along with everything else the team is throwing at him. Chan never said or implied that Young was having more difficulty than he was expected to have in getting all this stuff down. Now all these yahoos see Gailey's simple and obvious comments and have extrapolated that Vince Young is an utter failure. In so doing, all they are really demonstrating is that they are dumber than they allege Vince Young to be. The truth is Chan Gailey has made other comments to the effect that Vince Young has done some things better than Tyler Thigpen that balance out the fact that mentally he's been put in a position of having to play catch up with the mental aspect of Gailey's offensive scheme. Now, everybody knows that Vince Young is not supposed to be the sharpest tool in the shed. When the Bills get into training camp it may at some point become obvious that Vince Young will not be able to learn enough of Gailey's scheme and the things he needs to do to be an acceptable backup to Ryan Fitzpatrick, but I've read all of Gailey's public comments, and nothing he's said about Vince Young suggests that he is already moving toward that conclusion.
                    Last edited by TigerJ; 06-23-2012, 10:45 PM.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• more cowbell
                      • Apr 2006

I like VY but he has the intelligence of a zucchini...so this is hardly surprising
                      The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

This is just taking what Chan said totally out of context.

Watch the press conference on the official Bills site.

Unbelievable how some people cannot put simple things into context.

Comment

• dolphan117
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by more cowbell View Post
                          I like VY but he has the intelligence of a zucchini...so this is hardly surprising
                          You have to remember, he scored a 6 on the wonderlic. Thats almost impossibly bad.

Comment

• thenry20
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by more cowbell View Post
                            No surprise here. What he did at Texas was not scripted he just improvised most of the time. Why does this shock people? He struggled at the end of the year in Philly. Even after months of learning there he couldn't cut it. If he doesn't end up no making the 53 man roster, I certainly wouldn't cry.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              Young will get the benefit of the full training camp to catch up, if he can. I'm not really a VY fan, but I still would be surprised if he doesn't unseat Thigpen.
                              A part of me wouldn't be surprised if both were cut and we picked up another teams Vet who is cut in camp.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X