• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

C.J. Spiller: Bills to use 'good number' of split backfield

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

BuffaloBills.com expects the Bills to employ a "good number" of two-man backfields with C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson.
    Per reporter Chris Brown, the plan would be to send one back into motion and line up somewhere else, presumably receiver. Spiller spent a large chunk of his 2011 at receiver before excelling as the Bills' lead back after Jackson broke his leg.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: C.J. Spiller: Bills to use 'good number' of split backfield

I would love this.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Jun 2003

More touches/opportunities for CJ is always a good thing.
      Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Get the speed the ball.

Comment

• JCBills
          • Jan 2010

I feel like we hear this every year since having the luxury of two very good RBs happened with Lynch/Jackson.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

makes sense to let defenses guess what these 2 guys are gonna do. Both can catch the ball out of the backfield well, both can run well. CJ's blocking skills have improved greatly as well.

get your best players on the field

Originally posted by JCBills View Post
            I feel like we hear this every year since having the luxury of two very good RBs happened with Lynch/Jackson.
            Lynch was never explosive enough, and was a moderate receiver out of the backfield.

but I tend to agree, we always here about the 2 headed attack but it never materilaizes
            Last edited by ddaryl; 06-25-2012, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• JCBills
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ddaryl View Post
              makes sense to let defenses guess what these 2 guys are gonna do. Both can catch the ball out of the backfield well, both can run well. CJ's blocking skills have improved greatly as well.

get your best players on the field

Uhhh.....

Lynch was exceptional catching passes out of the backfield. Had some dumb drops, but I've seen him make something out of nothing catching balls in the flat quite a bit. He was explosive, just not a burner. He hits the hole as hard as anyone and caught 47 passes in 08. Dude could catch from the RB spot.

Lynch was never explosive enough, and was a moderate receiver out of the backfield.

but I tend to agree, we always here about the 2 headed attack but it never materilaizes

Comment

• JCBills
                • Jan 2010

Bootleg work pc won't let me edit. Anywho:

Uhhh.....

Lynch was exceptional catching passes out of the backfield. Had some dumb drops, but I've seen him make something out of nothing catching balls in the flat quite a bit. He was explosive, just not a burner. He hits the hole as hard as anyone and caught 47 passes in 08. Dude could catch from the RB spot.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Whether it was Lynch or Jackson, under Jauron, teams knew what was coming. Predictable.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mightysimi
                    Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                    • Mar 2010

With presumably teams playing a lot of nickel against us due to our 3 receiver sets, we would have the luxury of splitting out to the LB's side creating a great match up. Spiller/Jackson against pretty much any LB in the league is great for us.

Comment

Working...
                    X