PDA

View Full Version : Humbling experience - to say the least

The_Philster
07-06-2003, 05:15 AM
By ROGER MILLS, Times Staff Writer
PHOENIX, Ariz. - This was hell.

This was where my soul, which once belonged to a decent athlete, went to pay penance for its fall from grace.

At some moment of delusional bravado, a 37-year-old reporter (that's me) who has had a long-standing love affair with ice cream, thought it would be wise to spend three days in Phoenix trying to figure out what makes Bucs defensive end Simeon Rice so effective.

So despite not doing anything competitive in about seven years, I figured I could run, lift, work out and play ball for three straight days with a man known for his unbelievable stamina....

more (http://www.sptimes.com/2003/07/06/Bucs/Humbling_experience__.shtml)

Cntrygal
07-06-2003, 11:54 AM
Rice punished me for thinking that I had a chance. He cut me no slack. Not on the court, in the ring, in the weight room or on The Hill.

One final thought, Mr. 23.5-sacks-in-your-last-22-regular-season-games, let's see you write a newspaper story, in 30 minutes, on deadline, for 350,000 readers, after a Monday Night Football game.

LOL! Good article!

The_Philster
07-06-2003, 11:57 AM
I liked it too...more people should see what it's like to be in another's shoes. :up: This reporter learned how tough it really was to be an NFL player.