• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Humbling experience - to say the least

By ROGER MILLS, Times Staff Writer
    PHOENIX, Ariz. - This was hell.

This was where my soul, which once belonged to a decent athlete, went to pay penance for its fall from grace.

At some moment of delusional bravado, a 37-year-old reporter (that's me) who has had a long-standing love affair with ice cream, thought it would be wise to spend three days in Phoenix trying to figure out what makes Bucs defensive end Simeon Rice so effective.

So despite not doing anything competitive in about seven years, I figured I could run, lift, work out and play ball for three straight days with a man known for his unbelievable stamina.

more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Rice punished me for thinking that I had a chance. He cut me no slack. Not on the court, in the ring, in the weight room or on The Hill.

One final thought, Mr. 23.5-sacks-in-your-last-22-regular-season-games, let's see you write a newspaper story, in 30 minutes, on deadline, for 350,000 readers, after a Monday Night Football game.

LOL! Good article!
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

I liked it too...more people should see what it's like to be in another's shoes. This reporter learned how tough it really was to be an NFL player.
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
      X