PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Nix interesting wording

Cali512
06-25-2012, 11:50 PM
"Those 3 linebackers, after you get past the first (starting) 3, need to be interchangable" Immediatly he used Moorison and Moats for example, which sounds to me more like they are thinking of them at backup. Or im reading to much into this, but wouldnt this make Nigel the favorite to start?

BillsOverDolphins
06-26-2012, 12:39 AM
Bradham starting over Morrison would be bad-ass.

Night Train
06-26-2012, 04:45 AM
Not a bad thought but prior to that, Nix stated he needed to " Git down to Hazzard County and grab dem Duke boys ! "

So you can't take his word at face value.

YardRat
06-26-2012, 06:23 AM
Bye-bye, Batten.

stuckincincy
06-26-2012, 08:41 AM
"Those 3 linebackers, after you get past the first (starting) 3, need to be interchangable" Immediatly he used Moorison and Moats for example, which sounds to me more like they are thinking of them at backup. Or im reading to much into this, but wouldnt this make Nigel the favorite to start?

Sounds like something that any coach would say.

Jan Reimers
06-26-2012, 09:21 AM
I agree, sic. It's never really productive to put too much stock in coachspeak.

Ed
06-26-2012, 09:58 AM
I watched the interview and I got the impression that he means the LB's need to be able to play multiple positions. He talked about Morrison starting at SLB, but being able to play WLB as well. I would expect Morrison to be the starter on opening day, but I also think we'll see a 3rd CB on the field more often than Morrison.

TigerJ
06-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Yeah, Morrison is definitely going to be a run down only player for the Bills. Of the three presumed starters; Sheppard, Barnett and Morrison, Barnett is best suited for pass defense and Morrison the least suited for it.