X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Buddy Nix interesting wording

"Those 3 linebackers, after you get past the first (starting) 3, need to be interchangable" Immediatly he used Moorison and Moats for example, which sounds to me more like they are thinking of them at backup. Or im reading to much into this, but wouldnt this make Nigel the favorite to start?
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • BillsOverDolphins
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jun 2003

Re: Buddy Nix interesting wording

Bradham starting over Morrison would be bad-ass.
    Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Not a bad thought but prior to that, Nix stated he needed to " Git down to Hazzard County and grab dem Duke boys ! "

So you can't take his word at face value.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Bye-bye, Batten.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
          "Those 3 linebackers, after you get past the first (starting) 3, need to be interchangable" Immediatly he used Moorison and Moats for example, which sounds to me more like they are thinking of them at backup. Or im reading to much into this, but wouldnt this make Nigel the favorite to start?
          Sounds like something that any coach would say.
          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

I agree, sic. It's never really productive to put too much stock in coachspeak.
            Last edited by Jan Reimers; 06-26-2012, 09:23 AM.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Ed
              Dude
              • Sep 2002

I watched the interview and I got the impression that he means the LB's need to be able to play multiple positions. He talked about Morrison starting at SLB, but being able to play WLB as well. I would expect Morrison to be the starter on opening day, but I also think we'll see a 3rd CB on the field more often than Morrison.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

Yeah, Morrison is definitely going to be a run down only player for the Bills. Of the three presumed starters; Sheppard, Barnett and Morrison, Barnett is best suited for pass defense and Morrison the least suited for it.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                X