PDA

View Full Version : It has been over a year now that this organization wanted to make it a destination

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-26-2012, 03:15 PM
How do you think they are coming along? I don't see anything really different. They barely mentioned the Sabres at the draft, they are still not involved in any of the "rumors" that float around, players aren't asking to be traded to them, so what are your thoughts, has the organization made itself a destination or on the right track? I don't want to bash the team, but it just seems like nothing has changed. I understand this wouldn't happen overnight, just asking.

chernobylwraiths
06-26-2012, 09:32 PM
I believe that Staal's name was linked to the Sabres. We will see what happens in free agency. Keeping Lindy and Darcy won't help them though.

SabreEleven
06-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Staal got traded on draft day to the Hurricanes. All the Staal's want to play on the same team one day.

I think this team is on the right track. it's just going to take longer then fans want it to take. All the money in the world will never buy a Stanley Cup. We have to be patient.

Meathead
06-27-2012, 05:31 AM
http://naimalett.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/what.jpg

sabres got a ton of praise for their draft and now are strongly pursuing ryan. what more do you want

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-27-2012, 08:00 AM
http://naimalett.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/what.jpg

sabres got a ton of praise for their draft and now are strongly pursuing ryan. what more do you want

I am talking about the actual draft, I watched from beginning to end. They had reps on from nearly every team or the player drafted. The Sabres had nobody, they didn't talk to their draft picks, and they glossed over the players they drafted. I am just not thinking they are moving forward here, is Darcy the reason, is it going to take some winning? I am wondering if their record last season has really given the organizations goals a road bump.

OpIv37
06-27-2012, 08:59 AM
I think Darcy has to break that reputation of standing by his "core" guys.

If you happen to be Vanek or Roy or Pominville or Stafford or Miller, it's great- it's job security that's all but unheard of in pro sports.

If you're anyone else on the team- particularly a guy who was acquired in a trade- and you want to win, well, those guys can't get the job done and Darcy won't do anything about it. That isn't going to attract players, particularly experienced players likely on their last contract who want a few more legit shots at the Cup before they hang 'em up.