PDA

View Full Version : Canucks set Gragnani loose after blue-line power failure

Meathead
06-27-2012, 05:35 AM
Defenceman Marc-Andre Gragnani played 14 regular-sea-son games for the Vancouver Canucks after being acquired at the trade deadline in large part because the team did not want him to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

Now it appears the Canucks are letting that happen anyway.

As a restricted free agent, Gragnani did not receive a qualifying offer by Monday's deadline and becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Canucks+defender+loose+after+blue+line+power+failure/6840714/story.html#ixzz1yzMFp1RE

based on what happened after the trade the only word to describe what darcy did to vancouver is related to sheering of the woollen coat of a domestic sheep

unfortunately the sabres ѕhit the bed so theres no playoff stats to compare, but for regular season contributions the sabres clearly won. besides, kassian only played about five minutes a game for vancouver in the playoffs and mags didnt even suit up. given how sultzer was getting nearly twenty minutes a game and hodgson about eighteen id say they were integral parts of the team and would have received far more minutes than that had the sabres made the postseason

or a long-haired goat

mightysimi
06-27-2012, 05:47 AM
You can't compare minutes because the talent level was so different. If Hodgson got traded to Pittsburgh would he play 18 min behind Crosby and Malkin. Obviously not. At this point, it would appear that Gillis would have taken anything close to get rid of Hodgson. Which is too bad because I liked him as a player. However, you can't compare minutes and say they killed them on the trade. Now for production, it's true that Hodgson/Sulzer scored more but they also played more. I hope Kassian turns into the player he was drafted to be and I think it will be another year or so to determine who got the better end of the Kassian/Hodgson deal. Let's face it, the other 2 were just throw ins.