X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Ex-Bills QB Kelly: Why add Tebow?

I gotta be honest: I don't know what (the New York Jets) really were thinking," Kelly told NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" on Thursday. "Mark Sanchez is a quarterback who's going to be sitting there every single game if he plays bad, and No. 1, you know Jets fans -- they're going to start booing."

My prediction is that jets fans will be calling for Tebow after their first game when the Bills stomp the jets in their their opener.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Ex-Bills QB Kelly: Why add Tebow?

Maybe the Jets wanted another RB ?

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
      My prediction is that jets fans will be calling for Tebow after the first quarter when the Bills stomp the jets in their their opener.
      fixed
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Not sure why he came out and basically put the Jets on blast. This is the stupid stuff that comes out of their locker room. But can't say I disagree with Kelly on the context. I thought The Jets would be the worst possible fit for Tebow.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
          Not sure why he came out and basically put the Jets on blast.
          Why not?

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

I'm not really looking forward to facing the Jets first and being the guinea pig for how they plan on using Tebow this season.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
              Not sure why he came out and basically put the Jets on blast.
              F-the Jets.

Comment

• Cali512
                • Jan 2012

I really dont know what TeBow was thinking, and it makes me for once question his character. He coulda gone to the Browns or Jags, and been the starter, had the team made up just for him, and hed have a small city thatd fall in love with him immediatly. Hed be able to stumble, and actually have a chance as a franchise player. Instead he went to the Jets as a gimick QB, who will never start, and is wasting his 2nd team opportunity. His will to compete is finally in question in my opinion because the idea makes no sense. Especially sense if he played for the Jags, which he played in Florida, would finally sell out and he could save the franchise. Totally ******ed if you ask me.
                Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                  Making Spirits Bright
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                  I really dont know what TeBow was thinking, and it makes me for once question his character. He coulda gone to the Browns or Jags, and been the starter, had the team made up just for him, and hed have a small city thatd fall in love with him immediatly. Hed be able to stumble, and actually have a chance as a franchise player. Instead he went to the Jets as a gimick QB, who will never start, and is wasting his 2nd team opportunity. His will to compete is finally in question in my opinion because the idea makes no sense. Especially sense if he played for the Jags, which he played in Florida, would finally sell out and he could save the franchise. Totally ******ed if you ask me.
                  He was traded to the Jets.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                    He was traded to the Jets.
                    Jax had a similar offer on the table, and the Broncos let Tebow choose where to go.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      Jax had a similar offer on the table, and the Broncos let Tebow choose where to go.
                      This might be true, but it was a matter of bright lights/big city. You go to Jacksonville, and you can have a legacy like Mark Brunell or Garrard...you go to the Jets and the whole world is watching. Tebow, I guarantee, did not look at Sanchize and urinate himself at the prospect of taking his job...who would? Sanchize has nearly been run out of New Jersey, and his first errant throw will have the mob screaming for his head, or looking for a spot for a body in the Meadowlands.

The Jets were arguably a QB away from contender...Jax has Gabbard, which might be the equivalent of having nothing, but he also may be talented enough to be the Jags QB for a while. That is a bigger question mark than Sanchize, or could appear that way. Tebow isn't the one lacking confidence in his ability, and looking at a volatile situation in NJ makes more sense to him than going to play in Jax, who can't even draw a crowd on Sundays...

I look forward to seeing how Rex looks like a monkey ****ing a football trying to fit Tebow in to the Jets gameplan. The Bills ate little Timmy's lunch in December, and I hope to see more of the same this year.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        I'm not really looking forward to facing the Jets first and being the guinea pig for how they plan on using Tebow this season.
                        I would actually want to face them before they start to gel.
                        Another reason I'm okay with it is because I'd rather play a division rival early while we're healthy.Thats hoping we don't get injured at camp and preseason.
                        The jets are also going to run the ball and we get an early look at where our run D is at and make the adjustments sooner rather than later.

I would have actually preferred to have played the PAts first. BB seems to beat the crap out of us in the 2nd game when he's had a chance to see our team.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Syderick
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                          I don't think Tebow had much of a say on who he was traded to.
                          3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• Cali512
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by syd1364 View Post
                            I don't think Tebow had much of a say on who he was traded to.

They gave him a choice. They showed him all the teams who had a offer they liked and he picked. I believe the Jags, Jets, and Browns had around the same offer.

See
                            Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Syderick
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Cali512;3656[SIZE=2
                              104]They gave him a cho[/SIZE]ice. They showed him all the teams who had a offer they liked and he picked. I believe the Jags, Jets, and Browns had around the same offer.

See
                              John Elway says they gave him a choice, but according to Tim Tebow the decision was ultimately held by the Broncos.

Last edited by Syderick; 07-02-2012, 09:39 PM.
                              3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

Working...
                              X