PDA

View Full Version : #23 What position group will adapt to the 4-3 the quickest?

justasportsfan
07-02-2012, 11:55 AM
“It’s going to be a defensive line friendly scheme,” said Wannstedt. “By that I mean we’ll be as good as our guys up front. The guys up front it all starts there.”

Another common theme this offseason is linebackers switching positions and individual roles. Kelvin Sheppard will now anchor this group as the middle linebacker heading into just his second season. This move speaks volumes in terms of what this coaching staff thinks of him. He believes that he is more than ready to take on this responsibility.

“I’m the starting middle linebacker so my job is to know all of my assignments as well as those of my teammates,” said Sheppard. “So I’m kind of the general on the field. I’ve worked and played in this defense pretty much my whole career so I’m really familiar with the schemes.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/23-What-position-group-will-adapt-to-the-4-3-the-quickest/b1948c54-fbc5-4729-aa5f-50e732776fde

Extremebillsfan247
07-03-2012, 05:51 AM
CB, not a lot will change for them from defense to defense. Transitioning is always easiest for them. The only thing that really changes is the terminology maybe. This comes from Wannstedt. I trust his opinion on the matter. JMO

ublinkwescore
07-03-2012, 06:04 AM
They all hit the ground running.

YardRat
07-03-2012, 05:58 PM
We'll probably run a base 43 less than 30% of the snaps, so LBers will probably have the easiest time.

Ed
07-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Sheppard was a rookie last year that didn't get much off-season work in and had to play in an unfamiliar 3-4. He's moving back to a more comfortable position, has more time to learn, and is a real student of the game, so I expect his transition to be pretty smooth. Whether or not he has the ability to be a great MLB is probably another issue.

Honestly, I expect everyone to adapt pretty quick. Our front 7 players all seem better suited for a 4-3 with the exception of maybe Merriman, and our secondary shouldn't be left out to dry so much this year with an improved pass rush.