PDA

View Full Version : ROY TRADED TO STARS FOR OTT, PARDY

Philagape
07-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika

Stars get Derek Roy from Buffalo in trade for Steve Ott and Adam Pardy. There is your top-six center to take Ribeiro’s place.
Retweeted by Pierre LeBrun

Philagape
07-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Dallas Stars ‏@DallasStars

BREAKING: The Dallas Stars have acquired center Derek Roy from Buffalo in exchange for Steve Ott and Adam Pardy. More details coming soon…

Philagape
07-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Steve Ott ‏@otter2nine
Now to my new Team Buffalo, I can't wait to Rock the East.

OpIv37
07-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Finally!

Philagape
07-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC
Steve Ott won't score for #Sabres like Derek Roy did, but he's a polar opposite in terms of passion, snarl and follow-me leadership.

OpIv37
07-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Does Kevin Oklobizahjxjzjska watch Sabres hockey? Roy scored for a stretch In 2010 and has sucked ever since.

don137
07-02-2012, 05:19 PM
I love seeing them get some toughness on the team. Ott is a guy with great intensity that will stick up for his teammates and can still contribute offensively. Don't know much about Pardy. Looks like a big guy.

Philagape
07-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Ott is a valuable faceoff guy as well as someone who doesn’t take much crap from opponents.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/25/lebrun-steve-ott-still-available-in-dallas/

He's Goose's replacement. I'll take that over Roy any day.

SkateZilla
07-02-2012, 05:26 PM
hate to say I Told ya so but... I told ya so...

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=637044&navid=DL|BUF|home

Skooby
07-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Roy was so gone, his bags were lost at the end of 2011 & he didn't even know it.

don137
07-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Ott is what we hoped Kassian could of become. I think the trade at deadline and this one the Sabres are a better team. I'd take Hodgson/Ott over Kassian/Roy any day.

Crisis
07-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Ott-Kaleta is going to make peoples head explode. Love it.

Philagape
07-02-2012, 07:38 PM
“I hadn’t really thought about it, but love it up here,” he said. “I love the snow and I love the hockey talk and I love the passion. Hockey is king here…I love that.”

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2012/07/steve-ott-is-sad-to-leave-stars-but-should-be-a-perfect-fit-in-buffalo.html/

Meathead
07-02-2012, 09:26 PM
its not dereks fault hes a finesse guy on a team with little heart and less toughness. on a team that could allow him to do what hes best at i think hes close to a point a game player on a consistent basis

still, it wasnt working here for him and something needed to change. seems like they got less than they could have for him, but if they are going to get less than optimal value then ott is a very nice consolation prize. if ott can just get stafford to grow some balls it will have been worth it

SabreEleven
07-02-2012, 10:31 PM
hate to say I Told ya so but... I told ya so...

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=637044&navid=DL|BUF|home

What exactly did you tell us that we didn't already know?

Skooby
07-02-2012, 11:04 PM
What exactly did you tell us that we didn't already know?

His Momma told him so.

clumping platelets
07-03-2012, 02:54 AM
I love this trade. We desperately needed more grit and toughness. Ott and Scott (that rhymes) definitely provide that. Do not know much about Pardy but he was a toss in anyhoo for cap purposes. This could free up a d-man to trade for some scoring

Skooby
07-03-2012, 05:41 AM
I love this trade. We desperately needed more grit and toughness. Ott and Scott (that rhymes) definitely provide that. Do not know much about Pardy but he was a toss in anyhoo for cap purposes. This could free up a d-man to trade for some scoring

Congrata on your coin toss win.

The King
07-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Ott and 90% of the Bruins dont get along. Should make for some exciting games.

rbochan
07-03-2012, 10:24 AM
That's like chemo for the Sabres.

SkateZilla
07-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC
Steve Ott won't score for #Sabres like Derek Roy did, but he's a polar opposite in terms of passion, snarl and follow-me leadership.

Steve Ott also wont Dive, Whine, and do a Sidney Crosby Impression like Roy either..

We dont need Roy's Scoring at the expense of a Cancer, We have Hodgson to replace Roy.

Both DAL and BUF GMs confirm this deal was MONTHS in the making.

jamze132
07-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Well we're definitely getting bigger which is what we needed.

Cali512
07-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Hahahahhahahaha, talk about just giving a guy away!

Are you diagnosed ******ed or is it still under evaluation?

Cali512
07-03-2012, 02:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkHn3ciJxiY

SabreEleven
07-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Are you diagnosed ******ed or is it still under evaluation?

He's an idiot with a keyboard, put him on ignore and life will be much more pleasant, trust me.

Mr. Pink
07-04-2012, 03:15 AM
Cancer or not, Roy was a .77 point per game guy even with issues with Ruff.

The writing was on the wall once he publicly blasted Ruff however.

Meathead put it right earlier in this thread, Ruff gets players and tries to mold them into what he wants, he doesn't put his players in the best position to succeed and it should be painful obvious by now that his players don't completely buy in to his coaching style. I've never been a fan of Ruff nor Regier and think both should have been shown the door years ago. Square peg, round hole.

I won't say the Stars fleeced the Sabres here but it's hard to spin the trade as even. Then again, when you deal a player who publicly disses the organization after having a down year his value ain't gonna be that high. Still I don't know how anyone can truly be happy giving up a guy that has the ability to score a point a game when used properly, hell used improperly he was a .77 point per game guy, for a glorified Gaustad.

SkateZilla
07-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Cancer or not, Roy was a .77 point per game guy even with issues with Ruff.

The writing was on the wall once he publicly blasted Ruff however.

Meathead put it right earlier in this thread, Ruff gets players and tries to mold them into what he wants, he doesn't put his players in the best position to succeed and it should be painful obvious by now that his players don't completely buy in to his coaching style. I've never been a fan of Ruff nor Regier and think both should have been shown the door years ago. Square peg, round hole.

I won't say the Stars fleeced the Sabres here but it's hard to spin the trade as even. Then again, when you deal a player who publicly disses the organization after having a down year his value ain't gonna be that high. Still I don't know how anyone can truly be happy giving up a guy that has the ability to score a point a game when used properly, hell used improperly he was a .77 point per game guy, for a glorified Gaustad.

I'll put it bluntly, we traded a vagina for some balls.

Skooby
07-04-2012, 02:26 PM
I'll put it bluntly, we traded a vagina for some balls.

Just the way you like it.

(sorry but you're set up here)

SkateZilla
07-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Just the way you like it.

(sorry but you're set up here)

Team to Roy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQArDMKdSVc

PTI
07-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Derek Roy will be in the top 25 in the NHL in scoring next year again. He has Jaromir Jagr and Ray Whitney to kick him in the butt on the Stars now.

SkateZilla
07-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Derek Roy will be in the top 25 in the NHL in scoring next year again. He has Jaromir Jagr and Ray Whitney to kick him in the butt on the Stars now.

He's got Two 40 year olds playing his wing and you expect him to be top 25?, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

SabreEleven
07-05-2012, 11:26 AM
I think he could be top 25 just because he is finally back to being 100 percent and he won't have Ruff riding his ass all the time and he won't be hanging around Chippewa Street 24/7. Doctors had told him he won't be back to 100 percent from his injury in 2010 for 2 years. With that being said, I'm still glad he is gone.

PTI
07-05-2012, 11:30 AM
He's got Two 40 year olds playing his wing and you expect him to be top 25?, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Girioux had Jagr on a wing last year, and finished in 3rd, and Whitney himself finished tied for 12th. Not sure why it is laughable. 67 points was 26th last year, a healthy Roy can get past that. Plus I do not think those guys will put up with any crap, and Roy is in his contract year.

Night Train
07-05-2012, 07:07 PM
He became a major negative on D, floating while the opponent crashed the net. Lost his desire and it was time for a change. A year too late, IMO.
Sabres became what Darcy built, a soft roster with little heart. Getting tougher and having leaders is long overdue.

rbochan
07-06-2012, 10:25 AM

I have zero problem with that. I hope he does. Too bad he was a lazy, diving piece of **** in Buffalo.

SkateZilla
07-09-2012, 01:51 PM
I have zero problem with that. I hope he does. Too bad he was a lazy, diving piece of **** in Buffalo.

The Slug was Slippery.

PTI
07-09-2012, 01:59 PM

He has not been a diver for at least 3 years now. He actually got jipped on many calls last year because of a reputation from his first few years.

chernobylwraiths
07-09-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm intrigued by the 'throw in' guy. If there is one thing Darcy has been real lucky with in his trades, it has been the 'throw in' guy.

SkateZilla
07-10-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm intrigued by the 'throw in' guy. If there is one thing Darcy has been real lucky with in his trades, it has been the 'throw in' guy.

Sulzer was solid.