PDA

View Full Version : 4 Most Overpaid and 4 Most Underpaid Players on the Roster

YardRat
07-07-2012, 05:57 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1250181-4-most-overpaid-and-4-most-underpaid-buffalo-bills-currently-on-the-roster

With training camp right around the corner, the Buffalo Bills (http://bleacherreport.com/buffalo-bills) need to start the process of trimming their roster.

Like all NFL (http://bleacherreport.com/nfl) clubs, the Bills have players that are set to make a lot of money this year—some deservedly so, and others not so much.
On the other hand, there are also players that have clearly out-performed their current contracts. In some cases, the bargains on these players are so glaring that it’s almost embarrassing to point them out.
This article focuses on four of the most overpaid and four of the most underpaid players on the Bills’ current roster. The determining factor is each player’s 2012 base salary, which does not include incentives or bonuses unless otherwise stated.
*Note: All contract information comes from spotrac.com (http://www.spotrac.com/).

BillsOverDolphins
07-07-2012, 07:00 AM
Hard to argue with that list, although McKelvin should be on it--even if he's making $1

SABURZFAN
07-07-2012, 10:33 AM
this is the continued problem with this organization. they throw money to the **** players and let the players worth keeping to go. did the Bills cut Kelsay? his contract was overinflated as well.

Meathead
07-07-2012, 04:25 PM
kelsay is at most only slightly overpaid and more realistically paid average for his position. he is more productive than any of the others mentioned and thus doesnt make the top four

Ed
07-07-2012, 04:34 PM
I fully expect either Dwan Edwards or Spencer Johnson to get cut, possibly both, but I think they'll keep one of them for veteran depth. With the cap space we still have, dumping some of these salaries should help get guys like Byrd and Levitre extended.

BertSquirtgum
07-07-2012, 10:19 PM
I agree with that list except for Fred Jackson. He was just signed to an extension. He wouldn't have signed the contract if he didn't think it was fair. I hope everyone on the overpaid list is gets cut except for Merriman.

ServoBillieves
07-07-2012, 10:35 PM
In other news, the sky is blue. This list is fairly obvious... and also a cry for the resigning of Levitre/Wood/Byrd.

ThunderGun
07-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Dear lord....the ink isn't dry on Freddy's extension yet, and people are ALREADY complaining that he is underpaid???

PTI
07-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Overpaid are Lindell and Moorman.

justasportsfan
07-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Unless the bills have complete trust that Troup can step up, they will most likely keep Johnson and Edwards this year and then draft their replacements next year. Edwards is more likely to go first IMO if one of them has to go.

Byrd and Levitre are just at the right age where Nix likes his players not to mention their familiarity with their teammates and for continuity's sake . They should and will be extended IMO.

It's a put up or shut up year for Merriman. If he blows it up, there may not be a need for Kelsay anymore.

As for Brad Smith, if the bills decide that Young is our future back-up and is willing to stay in that role ( if Fitz lights it up), we may not need Smith either.

Ed
07-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Dear lord....the ink isn't dry on Freddy's extension yet, and people are ALREADY complaining that he is underpaid???
I love Freddy and he was awesome last year, but he got hurt. The reality is that he's only rushed for 1,000 yds once in his career (1,062 in 2009) and has never gotten more than 7 TD's in a season (5 rushing, 2 receiving in 2010). He got a good deal for a 31 year old RB and he's happy with it. People need to stop crying about him being underpaid.

Meathead
07-09-2012, 06:32 PM
idk why they use base salary to compare freddie to others, the base is fairly meaningless without factoring in the bonuses to determine actual compensation

unfortunately in freddies case, that might even make it worse. at 3.7 million hes still a major bargain if he can match last seasons per game production and lasts most of the season

just sucks for him he had to blossom so late. at 31yo 3.7 mil aint bad but he really should have made more the last couple seasons

stuckincincy
07-10-2012, 07:53 AM
I love Freddy and he was awesome last year, but he got hurt. The reality is that he's only rushed for 1,000 yds once in his career (1,062 in 2009) and has never gotten more than 7 TD's in a season (5 rushing, 2 receiving in 2010). He got a good deal for a 31 year old RB and he's happy with it. People need to stop crying about him being underpaid.

Yep - AFAIK, Fred's not carping. And Fred is one of those players that comes up big when it's needed.

Extremebillsfan247
07-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Not to get all "realist" in here but, :lol: until they start winning, this entire team is overpaid. Just my opinion.