BBD: Is Ryan Fitzpatrick The Final Answer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

BBD: Is Ryan Fitzpatrick The Final Answer?

In 2012 the Buffalo Bills and their fan base are expecting big things. The Bills spent big this offseason bringing in star talent like Mario Williams and Mark Anderson. They drafted talent adding CB Stephen Gilmore and OT Cordy Glenn. There are plenty of reasons for the Bills and their fan base to be excited for the coming 2012 season. In the end though there is still one looming factor that nobody can figure out and that’s QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.
    Love him or hate him (PTI) this is the guy our entire season is riding on without question. We will only go as far Fitzpatrick can take us for better or worse.
    Last edited by DraftBoy; 07-09-2012, 07:08 AM.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: BBD: Is Ryan Fitzpatrick The Final Answer?

The Bills have an out after this season with the Fitz contract.

Lots of changes outside of the QB position the last couple of years, player & scheme wise. I suppose Fitz was seen as the steady QB until someone more athletically gifted was identified. In the meantime, most other units were upgraded.

Very likely one of our first 2 picks next April is a QB, regardless of what Fitz does this year. I don't expect much and never did. If he can hit the swing and slant passes, he's doing his job with his limited athletic ability. Once again, the Bills chose this path while working on multiple other upgrades. Agree or disagree with it and both sides have valid points.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the unquestioned leader of this team, our star WR loves him, the fan base loves him, and the coaching staff loves him but being lovable doesn’t win you football games
      WE DO? I don't think so.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PTI
        Banned
        • Jan 2011

I do not hate Fitz, I just think he is not a very good player and has proven he is not a very good player both statistically and his winning percentage and severe lack of 4th comebacks and last drive for wins compared to his counterparts. Best way for the Bills to be competitive is to have Fitz play well, and I am rooting for him, not taking a QB either of the last two seasons has certainly put all the eggs in one basket. The Bills need him, for sure.
        Last edited by PTI; 07-09-2012, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

To see whether we think Fitzgerald is the final answer or not, check out our latest mock draft!
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• djjimkelly
            • Apr 2003

he's not THE ANSWER but he's the answer for now.

i'm positive that buddy and chan are always looking for a young stud but if one is not there fitz is the answer till .........

Comment

• Bill Cody
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
              The Bills have an out after this season with the Fitz contract.
              It's nice to have an out but there is no heir apparent.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

the final answer to what? the long list of dreadful QBs since Kelly? i hope so. i'd like to see a young QB come into Orchard Park and kick ass REAL soon.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Yes and No.

No, I don't think he will ever be Aaron Rodgers. Yes, I think it's possible for him to improve his footwork and mechanics and ultimately his accuracy to be effective enough to not lose us games... Which is to say I think it's possible for him to be a SB winning QB for the Bills if the rest of the team plays at an adequate level.

I just don't see Fitz carrying a team on his back like Manning. But how many Mannings are there anyways?

If I had it my way, we would have a franchise all-pro QB. But, I feel we can go to and even win a SB with Fitz at the helm provided we have an adequate defense and offense to be in any game against any team.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

He doesn't have to be the final answer, just a productive member of the equation.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      He doesn't have to be the final answer, just a productive member of the equation.
                      Was he productive last season or was he counter productive as a part of that equation?

And no giving half answers of well in the first half he was, and the second half he wasn't.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                        Was he productive last season or was he counter productive as a part of that equation?

And no giving half answers of well in the first half he was, and the second half he wasn't.
                        Sorry, but you're not allowed to rig the results in an attempt to get an answer you find more desirable.

Like it or not, he was productive before his and other teammates injuries began taking their toll. He was less productive, and if you wish at times counter-productive, after.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Again, to me, what would be ideal is to have a guy that can carry the team when things that can keep the team from winning crop up... like injuries.

But, I can't blame him for not being able to carry the team. I can only blame him if he doesn't do his job at an adequate level. In the second half, and especially in games like the final NE game, he didn't do his job.

So, is he the answer? If the question is whether we have an adequate starting QB who won't prevent us from a SB appearance, I'd say maybe and lean towards yes. But that's not the same as saying he's the QB that will lead us to the SB.

I think he can do his job at an adequate level most of the time. But, that alone is not enough to get us to the SB. And the rest of the team will need to be a major part of the equation to get there.
                          Last edited by X-Era; 07-10-2012, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                            Sorry, but you're not allowed to rig the results in an attempt to get an answer you find more desirable.

Like it or not, he was productive before his and other teammates injuries began taking their toll. He was less productive, and if you wish at times counter-productive, after.
                            Oh that's complete horse**** and you know it. If I wanted an opinion that was decided based on partial seasons I'd go ask Wys about his arithmetic. He's a NFL QB for christ sake either he was part of the solution or part of the problem.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                              Oh that's complete horse**** and you know it. If I wanted an opinion that was decided based on partial seasons I'd go ask Wys about his arithmetic. He's a NFL QB for christ sake either he was part of the solution or part of the problem.
                              No, it isn't horse****. Dismissing contributing factors to attempt to steer an answer to a conclusion is manipulative and dishonest. Do you really think that cracked ribs, injuries to the starting LT and center, the loss of Jackson and the turnstile at WR didn't affect his performance?
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

Working...
                              X