PDA

View Full Version : TJ Graham signed

Philagape
07-09-2012, 10:43 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Graham-wraps-up-draft-class-signings/d2984d74-c2f1-42af-a07a-fdafe51660a0

All in.

DraftBoy
07-09-2012, 10:44 AM
This is good news.

k-oneputt
07-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Never a concern.
Really what were his options with the new c-b in place.

Beebe
07-09-2012, 12:32 PM
NICE.

Skooby
07-09-2012, 01:28 PM
This is great news for camp, all in baby !!

stuckincincy
07-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Never a concern.
Really what were his options with the new c-b in place.

Yep. My guess is that his agent was holding up, looking to fatten his own percentage - If Graham re-entered the draft next year, with a new crop of collegiate competition, he might be a 6th or 7th.

CIN's 2nd #3, unsigned Clemson DT Brandon Thompson is a different matter. I wouldn't be at all surprised if an agency floats him a "personal services" contract to tide him over until CIN's rights expire.

They expended their #2 on yet another in the long line of fart PSU DLs - a moody child named Devon Still.

YardRat
07-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Good news. Now get to work.

mayotm
07-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Yep. My guess is that his agent was holding up, looking to fatten his own percentage - If Graham re-entered the draft next year, with a new crop of collegiate competition, he might be a 6th or 7th.

CIN's 2nd #3, unsigned Clemson DT Brandon Thompson is a different matter. I wouldn't be at all surprised if an agency floats him a "personal services" contract to tide him over until CIN's rights expire.

They expended their #2 on yet another in the long line of fart PSU DLs - a moody child named Devon Still.You sure do love providing Bengal tidbits that I'm not sure anybody here cares about.

stuckincincy
07-09-2012, 04:26 PM
You sure do love providing Bengal tidbits that I'm not sure anybody here cares about.

I'm sure you are right. I don't love it, but there are so few posts on this site this time of the year, I try to add some sort of NFL content. There was a fellow who added another AFC viewpoint for a while, if you recall - CleveSteve, IRRC. He stopped.

I like to read comments about other teams, from folks that live there. The "inside" viewpoint, so to speak. If you were to put forth info on TB, I would be sure to read it.

TigerJ
07-10-2012, 09:28 AM

They expended their #2 on yet another in the long line of fart PSU DLs - a moody child named Devon Still.

As I understand it, Graham is the first of the top 12 third rounders to sign. It seems there is a bit of a quirk relating to the third round under the new CBA. Last year some agents, eager to get their cut, got their clients to sign contracts at the top of the third round that were cheaper than later third round deals turned out. Well, this year's rookie pay scale was based somewhat on last year's, so teams have been offering low ball contracts again to the top 12 picks in the third round compared to what picks later in the third round have been getting. Agents are holding out trying to get contracts in line with what players in the bottom two thirds of the third round are getting. Graham, to his credit, wanted to sign so he could come in and prepare for training camp. He probably signed a deal that is favorable to the Bills.

stuckincincy
07-10-2012, 11:16 AM
As I understand it, Graham is the first of the top 12 third rounders to sign. It seems there is a bit of a quirk relating to the third round under the new CBA. Last year some agents, eager to get their cut, got their clients to sign contracts at the top of the third round that were cheaper than later third round deals turned out. Well, this year's rookie pay scale was based somewhat on last year's, so teams have been offering low ball contracts again to the top 12 picks in the third round compared to what picks later in the third round have been getting. Agents are holding out trying to get contracts in line with what players in the bottom two thirds of the third round are getting. Graham, to his credit, wanted to sign so he could come in and prepare for training camp. He probably signed a deal that is favorable to the Bills.

4 of 12 have inked.

http://www.spotrac.com/draft-tracker/nfl/round-3/

Who wants to go through the details, but is sure seems that the new CBA and the salary slotting for 3rd rounders is an item of contention.

Ah well...the machinations of Kings, Popes, and incipient 21 year-old multimillionaires isn't something to dwell on.

stuckincincy
07-11-2012, 07:41 AM
More fuel on the fire - offset language...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a72b56/article/whats-the-holdup-for-top-picks-getting-signed-offset-language?module=HP11_content_stream

BillsOverDolphins
07-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Good news, now we can see him in all his one-dimensional glory.

Bill Cody
07-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Graham should be thrilled he's getting 3rd round money. Buffalo's the only team that would have taken him that high.

BillsOverDolphins
07-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Graham should be thrilled he's getting 3rd round money. Buffalo's the only team that would have taken him that high.

Truth bomb.

stuckincincy
07-12-2012, 02:55 PM

I still scratch my head about the trade-up to the 3rd's #6 spot. The next WR picked was Sanu at #20 - and CIN did everything but shout from the rooftops that they had the hots for him, same as last year with Dalton (I was astounded that BUF with so many years of qb "iffiness" opted for a CB the pick before, especially after trying to corner the DB market during the Jauron/Levy version 2 regime), and like BUF about CJ Spiller in 2010.

The trade up didn't cost much - we all hope Graham is a hit - but I just don't see who they thought was going to grab him out from under their feet. :java:

Goobylal
07-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Good news, now we can see him in all his one-dimensional glory.
Yeah, too bad he doesn't run the ball as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Well except for the Jags.