• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

TJ Graham signed

All in.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: TJ Graham signed

This is good news.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• k-oneputt
      • Jun 2009

Never a concern.
      Really what were his options with the new c-b in place.

Comment

• Beebe
        • Aug 2011

NICE.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

This is great news for camp, all in baby !!

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
            Never a concern.
            Really what were his options with the new c-b in place.
            Yep. My guess is that his agent was holding up, looking to fatten his own percentage - If Graham re-entered the draft next year, with a new crop of collegiate competition, he might be a 6th or 7th.

CIN's 2nd #3, unsigned Clemson DT Brandon Thompson is a different matter. I wouldn't be at all surprised if an agency floats him a "personal services" contract to tide him over until CIN's rights expire.

They expended their #2 on yet another in the long line of fart PSU DLs - a moody child named Devon Still.
            Last edited by stuckincincy; 07-09-2012, 03:09 PM.
            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Good news. Now get to work.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• mayotm
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                Yep. My guess is that his agent was holding up, looking to fatten his own percentage - If Graham re-entered the draft next year, with a new crop of collegiate competition, he might be a 6th or 7th.

CIN's 2nd #3, unsigned Clemson DT Brandon Thompson is a different matter. I wouldn't be at all surprised if an agency floats him a "personal services" contract to tide him over until CIN's rights expire.

They expended their #2 on yet another in the long line of fart PSU DLs - a moody child named Devon Still.
                You sure do love providing Bengal tidbits that I'm not sure anybody here cares about.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by mayotm View Post
                  You sure do love providing Bengal tidbits that I'm not sure anybody here cares about.
                  I'm sure you are right. I don't love it, but there are so few posts on this site this time of the year, I try to add some sort of NFL content. There was a fellow who added another AFC viewpoint for a while, if you recall - CleveSteve, IRRC. He stopped.

I like to read comments about other teams, from folks that live there. The "inside" viewpoint, so to speak. If you were to put forth info on TB, I would be sure to read it.
                  Last edited by stuckincincy; 07-10-2012, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post

As I understand it, Graham is the first of the top 12 third rounders to sign. It seems there is a bit of a quirk relating to the third round under the new CBA. Last year some agents, eager to get their cut, got their clients to sign contracts at the top of the third round that were cheaper than later third round deals turned out. Well, this year's rookie pay scale was based somewhat on last year's, so teams have been offering low ball contracts again to the top 12 picks in the third round compared to what picks later in the third round have been getting. Agents are holding out trying to get contracts in line with what players in the bottom two thirds of the third round are getting. Graham, to his credit, wanted to sign so he could come in and prepare for training camp. He probably signed a deal that is favorable to the Bills.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                      Buffalo Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
                      As I understand it, Graham is the first of the top 12 third rounders to sign. It seems there is a bit of a quirk relating to the third round under the new CBA. Last year some agents, eager to get their cut, got their clients to sign contracts at the top of the third round that were cheaper than later third round deals turned out. Well, this year's rookie pay scale was based somewhat on last year's, so teams have been offering low ball contracts again to the top 12 picks in the third round compared to what picks later in the third round have been getting. Agents are holding out trying to get contracts in line with what players in the bottom two thirds of the third round are getting. Graham, to his credit, wanted to sign so he could come in and prepare for training camp. He probably signed a deal that is favorable to the Bills.
                      4 of 12 have inked.

Who wants to go through the details, but is sure seems that the new CBA and the salary slotting for 3rd rounders is an item of contention.

Ah well...the machinations of Kings, Popes, and incipient 21 year-old multimillionaires isn't something to dwell on.
                      Last edited by stuckincincy; 07-10-2012, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

More fuel on the fire - offset language...

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Jun 2003

Good news, now we can see him in all his one-dimensional glory.
                          Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• Bill Cody
                            • Sep 2004

Graham should be thrilled he's getting 3rd round money. Buffalo's the only team that would have taken him that high.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
                              Graham should be thrilled he's getting 3rd round money. Buffalo's the only team that would have taken him that high.
                              Truth bomb.
                              Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

Working...
                              X