PDA

View Full Version : Gragnani to Carolina...

SkateZilla
07-11-2012, 03:15 PM
1 year 800k, guess Vancouver didnt like him...

Thanks for Hodgson and Sulzer though!

Skooby
07-11-2012, 07:28 PM
1 year 800k, guess Vancouver didnt like him...

Thanks for Hodgson and Sulzer though!

Yeah really, sweet deal.

mightysimi
07-12-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm pretty sure replacing him with one of the best FA defencemen on the market will make it ok. Enjoy Sulzer. I'm sure given a chance he can be a decent d-man. I know he had 8 points in 15 games but until he does it for a whole season, I'm not ready to call it a big loss.

Night Train
07-13-2012, 07:38 AM
We received a couple of good players... and the Canucks recived a defensemen who can't play D and was benched, plus a young forward that sat in the press box during the playoffs.

That trade was one-sided in our favor.

SabreEleven
07-13-2012, 07:59 AM
I wouldn't call this trade one-side just yet. The players we got back need to show more before we can call this a steal. The jury is still out on this trade...

PTI
07-13-2012, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't call this trade one-side just yet. The players we got back need to show more before we can call this a steal. The jury is still out on this trade...

Exactly. When the Sabres still had a chance for the playoffs, in the 4 games before the final game the Sabres went 1 win and 3 losses, and Hodgson was a -5 and had 1 assist. He hardly played well for the Sabres.

mightysimi
07-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Plus Gragnani and Sulzer were throw ins in that trade. You can't say because a guy who didn't even play for buffalo can walk into vancouver and play right away makes it a one sided trade. There is a little difference in talent level there.

SkateZilla
07-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Exactly. When the Sabres still had a chance for the playoffs, in the 4 games before the final game the Sabres went 1 win and 3 losses, and Hodgson was a -5 and had 1 assist. He hardly played well for the Sabres.

A lot of people played like crap those last 5 games. Sekera Especially. Ennis has some bad games too.