PDA

View Full Version : Girgensons Signs with Sabres

SabreEleven
07-13-2012, 04:30 PM
After turning some heads at development camp, Sabres first round pick Zemgus Girgensons will forego college and go straight to the pros. The Buffalo Sabres have officially announced that they've signed Girgensons to a three-year, entry-level deal. The 14th overall pick in the 2012 draft is elligible to play with the Sabres or their AHL affiliate, the Rochester Americans.

http://wgr550.com/Girgensons-Signs-with-Sabres/13715055

Say goodbye to Vermont....

Skooby
07-13-2012, 06:55 PM
We have 2 good prospects from the draft, Ruff will find a way to train them to play his game & not their own.

SabreEleven
07-13-2012, 07:06 PM
which means he'll take any creative offensive ability out of them.

Skooby
07-13-2012, 07:28 PM
which means he'll take any creative offensive ability out of them.

Bingo. He couldn't stand seeing Briere score because he should of been back on defense instead, it's the way defenseman like the forwards to play.

Crisis
07-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Bingo. He couldn't stand seeing Briere score because he should of been back on defense instead, it's the way defenseman like the forwards to play.

lmao. what?

with briere/drury the sabres rolled as many scoring lines as possible and tried to outscore everybody. defensemen constantly pinched in to create offense... briere had his best offensive years under ruff

camelcowboy
07-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Don't feed the troll crisis

Skooby
07-13-2012, 11:47 PM
lmao. what?

with briere/drury the sabres rolled as many scoring lines as possible and tried to outscore everybody. defensemen constantly pinched in to create offense... briere had his best offensive years under ruff

Ruff's tendencies have always been about being a defensive team, so Briere & Drury were counter his culture. Exactly why did Ruff have to roll the lines to try to score all the time, especially during the playoffs that final season with them ?? Oh that's right, we had a Rochester caliber defense after all the injuries that ended up costing us the Carolina series.

Statistically speaking, offensive players come to Buffalo to die. I guess you can blame all of them or face the reality that a majority of the time we'll stick close to how Ruff played, defensively. Please see the 69.2% average via TBN here, then you'll get the idea:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article922507.ece

Crisis
07-14-2012, 02:52 AM
]Ruff's tendencies have always been about being a defensive team, so Briere & Drury were counter his culture. Exactly why did Ruff have to roll the lines to try to score all the time, especially during the playoffs that final season with them ?? Oh that's right, we had a Rochester caliber defense after all the injuries that ended up costing us the Carolina series.[/B]

Statistically speaking, offensive players come to Buffalo to die. I guess you can blame all of them or face the reality that a majority of the time we'll stick close to how Ruff played, defensively. Please see the 69.2% average via TBN here, then you'll get the idea:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article922507.ece

what does this even mean? post-lockout the sabres opened up the ice and ruff adjusted his scheme to the talent. briere/drury had career years here playing under ruff. there's plenty of things to criticize ruff for, but blaming him for anything to do with briere is just beyond stupid.

Skooby
07-14-2012, 06:38 AM
what does this even mean? post-lockout the sabres opened up the ice and ruff adjusted his scheme to the talent. briere/drury had career years here playing under ruff. there's plenty of things to criticize ruff for, but blaming him for anything to do with briere is just beyond stupid.

Where did I blame Ruff for Briere? I am just pointing out that having players like Briere be creative is against Ruff's nature. How many 40 goal scorers have we had over the past 5 seasons ?? Think there's a reason that's the case ?

rbochan
07-14-2012, 07:52 AM
Where did I blame Ruff for Briere? I am just pointing out that having players like Briere be creative is against Ruff's nature. How many 40 goal scorers have we had over the past 5 seasons ?? Think there's a reason that's the case ?

When Vanek's gifted all of 12-13 minutes TOI per game, you aren't going to have many 40 goal players.

chernobylwraiths
07-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Maybe it's because we lack the talent?

chernobylwraiths
07-14-2012, 09:21 PM
When Vanek's gifted all of 12-13 minutes TOI per game, you aren't going to have many 40 goal players.

There are some things, like this, to blame on Ruff. Lake of players with talent and backbone is not one of them.

ddaryl
07-16-2012, 08:53 AM
lmao. what?

I have to laugh with you. Between PTI and Murray you can bet research and facts could never trump their perceptions

PTI
07-16-2012, 09:30 AM
I have to laugh with you. Between PTI and Murray you can bet research and facts could never trump their perceptions

Dude, I give all facts, I take them right off of pro football reference and NFL.com, you are just not smart enough to understand what they mean.

SabreEleven
07-16-2012, 10:17 AM
A lot information about the Sabres and the NHL on Pro Football Talk and NFL.com?

PTI
07-16-2012, 11:39 AM
I hardly ever post stats, just make some comments here, I post a lot more in the football and ddaryl questions posts I make that even have legit links in them. He for some reason makes excuses for legitimate statistics and comes out with something unrelated and says it is legitimate.