PDA

View Full Version : Gregg Williams: 'I will coach again'

Skooby
07-14-2012, 09:23 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/07/gregg-williams-i-will-coach-again/1

ddaryl
07-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Dear greg.. Not in pro sports you won't

better days
07-14-2012, 10:32 AM
Dear greg.. Not in pro sports you won't

Well, I sure would not want to see him Coaching kids. Maybe he can find a job in the AFL..........................unless he already cut a deal with Goodell.

YardRat
07-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Have fun in Canada or one of the indoor leagues, Greg.

more cowbell
07-14-2012, 11:48 AM
LOL will ya now Greg?

Novacane
07-14-2012, 12:19 PM
We give murderers second chances in this country. His suspension will eventually be lifted and someone will give him a chance if he shows some remorse.

Meathead
07-14-2012, 12:39 PM
not a big fan of moobs but his punishment is way excessive

belicheat cheated his way to sb wins and he doesnt miss a single game. moobs got caught for doing something we all know many teams did and hes gone for life? dont make no damn sense

Cali512
07-14-2012, 04:13 PM
not a big fan of moobs but his punishment is way excessive

belicheat cheated his way to sb wins and he doesnt miss a single game. moobs got caught for doing something we all know many teams did and hes gone for life? dont make no damn sense

The Patriots woulda made it either way, people over react bout spy gate, since then theyve done very well id say

gr8slayer
07-14-2012, 04:34 PM
If Goodell lets him back into the league, he'll get picked up by somebody, the guy is damn good at what he does (DC, not HC).

justasportsfan
07-15-2012, 08:23 AM
Scott Fujita ,Anthony Hargrove ,Will Smith,Vilma and Sean Payton were the participants at GW's golf tourney

justasportsfan
07-15-2012, 08:25 AM
The Patriots woulda made it either way, people over react bout spy gate, since then theyve done very well id say

thats not the point he was making. Pats get favorable decisions even when they do wrong.

YardRat
07-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Scott Fujita ,Anthony Hargrove ,Will Smith,Vilma and Sean Payton were the participants at GW's golf tourney

So was Favre, and Williams offered up $10k to anybody who could hit him with one of their tee shots.

better days
07-15-2012, 10:20 AM
If Goodell lets him back into the league, he'll get picked up by somebody, the guy is damn good at what he does (DC, not HC).

Well, Fisher did not hire a DC after Williams was suspended. I would not be surprised if he is keeping the job open for Williams next year.

YardRat
07-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Happy Birthday Greggy :beers:

John Doe
07-15-2012, 01:52 PM
He should now and forever be referred to as "Go for the Head" Williams.

Joe Fo Sho
07-16-2012, 11:38 AM

How do you know? It's impossible to say that they would've been the best team in the NFL without cheating. Cheating clearly gave them an unfair advantage. They won each Superbowl by 3 points, a pretty small margin. Without cheating, who knows but I'd say they wouldn't have won 2 of them. How many Superbowls have they won since they stopped cheating?

PTI
07-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Vick is back in the NFL, other guys have done things, he is certainly not responsible to all of this mess, it is silly to say he won't coach in the NFL again, where, by the way, he has been pretty successful all in all and winning is the bottom line (unless you are in Buffalo, surprised he is not still HC).

DraftBoy
07-16-2012, 12:23 PM
thats not the point he was making. Pats get favorable decisions even when they do wrong.

No they don't. The punishment for the Pats more than fit their crime.

Meathead
07-16-2012, 12:42 PM
you dont know that the cheaters would have made the sbs without cheating. even though theyve made other ones since then, that has nothing to do with how they may have actually done without the advantage of knowing what defensive plays were being run. its entirely possible they may not have made any of them, theres no way to know. what we do know is they did cheat and nobody missed a single game and none of their accomplishments have been noted to have involved cheating. so in no way do i believe they were punished sufficiently

DraftBoy
07-16-2012, 03:49 PM
you dont know that the cheaters would have made the sbs without cheating. even though theyve made other ones since then, that has nothing to do with how they may have actually done without the advantage of knowing what defensive plays were being run. its entirely possible they may not have made any of them, theres no way to know. what we do know is they did cheat and nobody missed a single game and none of their accomplishments have been noted to have involved cheating. so in no way do i believe they were punished sufficiently

No I don't, just as you don't know they wouldn't have.

Knowing how a play is run, and knowing when it will be run or under what possible different variations it could be run are completely different. The Pats had tape of practice, they didn't have the call sheet, they didn't have a mic on the opponent sideline.

They basically had what the QB's get when they come to sideline. They were able to see what the defense was planning and try and plan against it. Is it an advantage? Without question, but is it as ground breaking an advantage as our fan base wants to make it out to be? Hell no.

They were sufficiently punished.

better days
07-16-2012, 11:15 PM
They were sufficiently punished.

Well, that is YOUR opinion. My opinion is they should be stripped of their Championships or at the very least have an * placed in the official records just like Marris did when breaking Babe Ruths record because it took him a few more games.

Mr. Pink
07-16-2012, 11:20 PM
He'll coach again...eventually.

On the Pats thing, it's the equivalent of stealing signs in baseball, sure it gives you an advantage, but you still have to be able to execute.

You don't just win titles by getting the information.