PDA

View Full Version : If one guy, from the "#2" WR position could post...

YardRat
07-15-2012, 09:34 AM
...a stat line like this for the 2012 season, would you be happy?

53 catches
528 yards
2 TD's

mayotm
07-15-2012, 10:28 AM
In addition to the 60 plus catches I expect from Nelson?

BillsOverDolphins
07-15-2012, 10:45 AM
No, especially since we don't have an elite TE to pick up the slack in production. And for those who'll inevitably say "it doesn't matter cause it'a a spread offense!," stfu and somb...and learn the game

John Doe
07-15-2012, 11:23 AM

53 catches
528 yards
2 TD's

I think that these projected stats, based on 7 games with a high ankle sprain, could have been much better without the injury.

ddaryl
07-15-2012, 11:25 AM
On top of Nelsons production then it's decent outside the 2 TD's.. only 2 TD's sucks.

I'm expecting 600 - 800 yds and 4-6 TD's from the #2 position

YardRat
07-15-2012, 11:35 AM
I think that these projected stats, based on 7 games with a high ankle sprain, could have been much better without the injury.

Yes, those would be Jones' projected stats if he weren't injured.

On top of Nelsons production then it's decent outside the 2 TD's.. only 2 TD's sucks.

I'm expecting 600 - 800 yds and 4-6 TD's from the #2 position

That would mean that any other receivers that also see time at "#2" would need to compile 72-272 yards, and 2-4 TD's. Smith and Roosevelt almost achieved that on their own.

Off topic, but after looking over the stats closer, Jackson is very clearly a better receiving option than Spiller.

BillsOverDolphins
07-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Spiller needs the ball in his hands as often as possible. He's still young, and easily the most explosive player we have. Get him touches por favor.

more cowbell
07-15-2012, 01:14 PM
no. aren't those josh reeds stats from 03?

acehole
07-15-2012, 11:45 PM
No, especially since we don't have an elite TE to pick up the slack in production. And for those who'll inevitably say "it doesn't matter cause it'a a spread offense!," stfu and somb...and learn the game

Says the guy who does not know the game.

Lol.

DraftBoy
07-16-2012, 07:13 AM
Sub 10 yard per catch average and a 1:26.5 TD to catch ratio, not what I would hope for. Basically you'd have a WR who is only useful between the 20's and of no use in the red-zone or when backed up into your own end when the field gets shorter and you need your playmakers to make plays.

PTI
07-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Mike Williams have anything? He is a big target, Seattle just cut him. Bills not a very likely landing spot. He will get picked up by someone though.

stuckincincy
07-16-2012, 04:09 PM

53 catches
528 yards
2 TD's

You are more or less citing Jordan Shipley's rookie season...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/517045/jordan-shipley

Night Train
07-16-2012, 06:02 PM
48 catches 5 TD's 650 yards. By committee, for all I care.

If SJ, Nelson @ the RB's produce while winning 9-10 games, WR #2 won't be an issue.

BillsOverDolphins
07-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Says the guy who does not know the game.

Lol.

I know much more than you and am obviously a more rational human being. You're a homer, and thus cannot form an opinion without being emotional and irrational.

You're weak like that.

acehole
07-16-2012, 09:01 PM
I know much more than you and am obviously a more rational human being. You're a homer, and thus cannot form an opinion without being emotional and irrational.

You're weak like that.

This from a guy who said our entire season rests on two player who have never played a down in he NFL.

Tell that to fitz and Mario williams I am sure they will have something to say about your football smarts.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You should have stayed quiet.

YardRat
07-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Sub 10 yard per catch average and a 1:26.5 TD to catch ratio, not what I would hope for. Basically you'd have a WR who is only useful between the 20's and of no use in the red-zone or when backed up into your own end when the field gets shorter and you need your playmakers to make plays.

You have no use for a WR that can keep the chains moving?

acehole
07-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Pass..but good thought.

BillsOverDolphins
07-17-2012, 03:27 AM
This from a guy who said our entire season rests on two player who have never played a down in he NFL.

Tell that to fitz and Mario williams I am sure they will have something to say about your football smarts.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You should have stayed quiet.

Neat emoticons. I also said the first Jet game was ultimately going to decide our fate last season (a month or maybe more before the game). A bunch of people here suffered uterine cramps when I said that--one of which I baited into a bet (he lost), and has since been dodging me.

acehole
07-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Neat emoticons. I also said the first Jet game was ultimately going to decide our fate last season (a month or maybe more before the game). A bunch of people here suffered uterine cramps when I said that--one of which I baited into a bet (he lost), and has since been dodging me.

Wow how ESPN and NFLN missed you as a commentator is a tragedy.

:tired:

BillsOverDolphins
07-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Wow how ESPN and NFLN missed you as a commentator is a tragedy.

:tired:

This ultimately isn't about either of us. It's about the Bills not having enough at WR/TE (as of now), which even a blind man can see.

The fact that you (and many others) can't recognize that probably means you only watch the Buffalo Bills and no other teams--thus you don't know what true talent looks like. Donald Jones is a scrub and mediocrity is his ceiling. Mediocrity doesn't get the job done in the NFL.

What does get the job done is a combination of 3 key things...those who have all 3 will always be in the mix. Those who have 2/3 will likely be good as well.

1. A very good-to-elite QB (Let's hope Fitz can be good this year).
2. The ability to consistently rush the passer with 4-5 guys max (Looks like we'll excel in this area if we stay healthy).
3. Two boss WR/TE's...any combo will do (we have dog****, outside of Stevie right now).

That's the formula for winning in today's NFL. Running the ball and stopping the run are no longer a priority. Sure, there's exceptions to every rule, but the above formula is how it's done now.

Copy this down and commit it to memory. Then change everything that is fundamentally wrong with you as poster--and as a human being. Till then, you are beneath me (just like your mom was last night:up:)

DraftBoy
07-17-2012, 11:52 AM
You have no use for a WR that can keep the chains moving?

You have a stat to back up that claim? His catches average less than a first down, and nothing else you posted shows any ability to do so like 3rd down catches. I can't comment on information that is not in the original post/question.

To take it a point further, do I have a use for them? Absolutely as my 3rd or 4th WR not as my #2 who is supposed to draw cover away from my #1 and keep defenses honest and from shading coverage over.

Dr. Lecter
07-17-2012, 11:58 AM
You have a stat to back up that claim? His catches average less than a first down, and nothing else you posted shows any ability to do so like 3rd down catches. I can't comment on information that is not in the original post/question.

To take it a point further, do I have a use for them? Absolutely as my 3rd or 4th WR not as my #2 who is supposed to draw cover away from my #1 and keep defenses honest and from shading coverage over.

In the Bills offense, there is not much difference between the #2 and #3 guy - both will see about the same number of snaps.

DraftBoy
07-17-2012, 12:00 PM
In the Bills offense, there is not much difference between the #2 and #3 guy - both will see about the same number of snaps.

But there is a difference.

The stats may not have the same level of disparity but that doesn't change the role of the #2 which is to help draw the defense off the #1. Snap count doesn't really play into it.

Thief
07-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Gezus Chris, what damn board did I just log onto. Lets get off the mom jokes, since I just got off all yall'z's. Gesh!

Dr. Lecter
07-17-2012, 12:04 PM

The stats may not have the same level of disparity but that doesn't change the role of the #2 which is to help draw the defense off the #1. Snap count doesn't really play into it.

My point is that they all of these guys (except Johnson) get fairly equal playing time and they do not designate much between them in the roles they play. Everybody lines up outside and takes turns in the slot. I tend to think that they will not have a traditional #2 guy.

DraftBoy
07-17-2012, 12:08 PM
My point is that they all of these guys (except Johnson) get fairly equal playing time and they do not designate much between them in the roles they play. Everybody lines up outside and takes turns in the slot. I tend to think that they will not have a traditional #2 guy.

And my point is that doesn't matter since none of them are able to draw attention and coverage from Johnson which is the role of the #2 no matter where they line up.

SABURZFAN
07-17-2012, 12:17 PM

53 catches
528 yards
2 TD's

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!! those are #3 WR numbers.

acehole
07-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Our Offense will be fine.

Commit that to your memory.

It is my opinion we have enough guys to take some emphasis of Stevie Johnson. Fitz will take what they give him and it is up to him to find that guy.

The bottom line is we have same guys we had pre Fitz injury...plus some new guys plus guys off injury plus another year in the system.

Our problem was defense and we went a long way on paper improving not only scheme but top notch personnel.

That alone is enough to help offense out by default.

So bite your nails if you want....I am not losing sleep over a big name #2WR when we run 3 and 4 WR's sets 80% of the time.

This ultimately isn't about either of us. It's about the Bills not having enough at WR/TE (as of now), which even a blind man can see.

The fact that you (and many others) can't recognize that probably means you only watch the Buffalo Bills and no other teams--thus you don't know what true talent looks like. Donald Jones is a scrub and mediocrity is his ceiling. Mediocrity doesn't get the job done in the NFL.

What does get the job done is a combination of 3 key things...those who have all 3 will always be in the mix. Those who have 2/3 will likely be good as well.

1. A very good-to-elite QB (Let's hope Fitz can be good this year).
2. The ability to consistently rush the passer with 4-5 guys max (Looks like we'll excel in this area if we stay healthy).
3. Two boss WR/TE's...any combo will do (we have dog****, outside of Stevie right now).

That's the formula for winning in today's NFL. Running the ball and stopping the run are no longer a priority. Sure, there's exceptions to every rule, but the above formula is how it's done now.

Copy this down and commit it to memory. Then change everything that is fundamentally wrong with you as poster--and as a human being. Till then, you are beneath me (just like your mom was last night:up:)

psubills62
07-17-2012, 12:27 PM
No, those aren't very good stats at all. I don't need two 1000 yard guys, but I'd think 700-800 yards is not unreasonable for a #2.

stuckincincy
07-17-2012, 12:44 PM

Indeed. Last season - CIN. Everybody knew J. Simpson could come up with the occasional wow-wee play - and also knew he was a big-time dropper. They were wounded when Shipley went down early. Green got his catches with attentive coverage - good for him - but no reason for anything but single coverage for other wrs. TE Gresham was shadowed. He's a pretty poor blocker, btw. 1st and 2nd season - no improvement IMO. Disappeared for several games.

BUF needs a legit #2 just like CIN needed one last season. If not, I can see Freddie approach numbers like Larry Centers posted. :tip:

BillsOverDolphins
07-17-2012, 01:10 PM
And my point is that doesn't matter since none of them are able to draw attention and coverage from Johnson which is the role of the #2 no matter where they line up.

Egg-fuggin-zactly. The spread offense cop-out is always useful when rationalizing a lack of talent and playmakers.

acehole
07-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Only problem is we don't lack such things or we would not have the third highest TD's in NLF last year.

We could not stop any body against the run or pass for that matter.

If reality means anything to you?

Egg-fuggin-zactly. The spread offense cop-out is always useful when rationalizing a lack of talent and playmakers.

BillsOverDolphins
07-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Our Offense will be fine.

Commit that to your memory.

It is my opinion we have enough guys to take some emphasis of Stevie Johnson.

I'll give you credit for saying "my opinion," b/c there's certainly no facts to support your argument (per usual). "I gots a hunch they'll be good...derpty derp-derp!"
The only players on our offense capable of drawing attention off Stevie are our RBs--as of right now. That's why I've been saying that Easley's emergence is paramount to the success of this offense. If Donald "Scrub" Jones wins the #2 WR job then we are doubly screwed b/c: A) he sucks, and B) him starting means that Easley isn't even close to the kind of player we hoped for.

These are things that rational and intelligent people know.

acehole
07-17-2012, 02:12 PM
My facts are last years production. I gave them to you and you choose to ignore them.....(3rd most TD's in NFL.)..Chandler and Nelson will take that heat as they did last year...as well as those running backs you want to gloss over.

You are saying we are doomed without easley or Graham...I am saying we were fine without him last year we should be this year.

What you are saying is I have a hunch we will be bad if something that didn't exist last year doesn't happen.

Our offense wasn't that bad ....it was the d that lost us games. My opinions are based on reality and last years production Look up how are D did...yours are based on a hunch and feeling.

We all got your point in the other thread....If easley or Graham don't pan out we can kiss our season good bye....and you have to base this on a hunch because we did not have those players in the starting line up last year...so it is you that is giving an opinion not me. I am saying all things being equal...we should have a similar year or better based on the facts in the above post. Better D, players in system one more year, healthy players (Fitz easley graham included), new players. Hagen, Jones Aikien, Graham, Easley need just contribute and do their parts and not be probowlers ......as was the case last year.

So go find your typo or just call me a name or ignore reality...doesn't change your ignorance one bit..I will put you back on ignore where you belong.

Donald Johns had an average of 10 yards a catch before his injury and a whopping 20 yards a catch against the Pats alone...If he can stay healthy and repeat those numbers, do his part...you will have to change your user name.

I don't need your "Credit"...you are nothing but a stupid poster trying to sound like she knows what she is talking about.

I'll give you credit for saying "my opinion," b/c there's certainly no facts to support your argument (per usual). "I gots a hunch they'll be good...derpty derp-derp!"
The only players on our offense capable of drawing attention off Stevie are our RBs--as of right now. That's why I've been saying that Easley's emergence is paramount to the success of this offense. If Donald "Scrub" Jones wins the #2 WR job then we are doubly screwed b/c: A) he sucks, and B) him starting means that Easley isn't even close to the kind of player we hoped for.

These are things that rational and intelligent people know.