• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

This is why they were right to dump Lynch

Marshawn Lynch arrested for suspicion of DUI over the weekend

As a multiple offender who got 3 games last time, he was a long-term suspension waiting to happen. He can't help a team if he's not playing, and he's not worth the trouble.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: This is why they were right to dump Lynch

thugnificent strikes again

so he gets half the season this time, right?

mug shot:

Last edited by Meathead; 07-17-2012, 03:42 AM.
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Buddo
      • Mar 2007

Dunno what he will get tbh, there may be some mitigating circumstances, and some might depend on what his reading was. Just over, he might get less, as he could be deemed to have made a judgement error, but easily over, and he is toast imho.

Bills FO were absolutely correct in moving him on. Undeniable talent, but also undeniably immature off the field. Way too much of a distraction, when you are trying to build something. I seriously cannot believe how dumb this is, tbh. Lynch only just got another big payday, and for his on the field work, he deserved it. But here we go, let's just chuck large lumps of it away, by being stupid.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Someone elses headache now.

Wonder if he still smuggles his own booze into clubs, ordering just tonic and mixing his own drinks. Was well known for that in his Bills days.Oh well, this is why the Bills felt they needed to draft Spiller. Wasn't happy with the pick back then but I can understand it now.

Lynch will ruin his career and this won't be the last arrest.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• mayotm
          • Jul 2003

Besides his off the field antics, Lynch hasn't been as good as Jackson on the field. Lynch was decent last season, but Jackson was having the better season before his injury.

Comment

• MattyNH
            • Nov 2011

I am going to assume he was a little tipsy when he ran that girl over in Buffalo. I know some will jump all over me for that but its kinda common sense, I will admit that is a 1% chance I am wrong. So after that event where you could have killed or maimed someone and potentially done significant jail time you still go around drinking and driving? Not to mention you are a multimillionaire and can afford to pay someone to drive you around. The stupidity of this guy is off the charts.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

What ever happened to his Mama, who was supposed to keep him on the straight and narrow?

I hated him for his cowardly, classless actions in the hit and run incident (although many of you supported his behavior of running home, locking his door and hiding behind his lawyer), and I think his problems since then have vindicated those of us who thought he was a thug and a punk back then.

I am so happy that he is no longer a Bill.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Clearly this was the right decision to cut bait when we did. Seahawks fans now have a nightmare on their hands with the depth behind Lynch being Leon Washington, Robert Turbin, & Kregg Lumpkin. Not real formidable.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Yep that's why you cut your losses when you can.

Most of us knew Lynch was not going to stay out of trouble.. It was pretty obvious.

The Bills clealry made the wisest decision...
                  Last edited by ddaryl; 07-17-2012, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers View Post
                    What ever happened to his Mama, who was supposed to keep him on the straight and narrow?

I hated him for his cowardly, classless actions in the hit and run incident (although many of you supported his behavior of running home, locking his door and hiding behind his lawyer), and I think his problems since then have vindicated those of us who thought he was a thug and a punk back then.

I am so happy that he is no longer a Bill.
                    Really?

And yes, this validates what many of us said - he was more problem than he was worth
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                      Really?

And yes, this validates what many of us said - he was more problem than he was worth

There were a percentage that thought the Bills should of Kept Lynch and not drafted Spiller. There were even some that thought Jackson shoulds of been the odd man out

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

bills got hairston and carder for him. considering that for half the season they will be getting air, id take that swap
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

his nos. were not good enough to overcome the headaches.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

And right after a nice, fat contract. Congrats, Seattle.

Oh, and I'm pretty happy that this happened after we got our conditional draft pick.
                            Last edited by psubills62; 07-17-2012, 09:20 AM.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                              Really?

As I remember, Doc, quite a surprising number of posters thought he did the right thing by running, hiding and hiring a lawyer, rather than acting like a man and helping his victim, or at least showing some remorse. Many even made fun of the victim and acted as if it were her fault for getting in his way.
                              Last edited by Jan Reimers; 07-17-2012, 09:27 AM.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X