Latest update of PFT's "Police Blotter" ..see how our noble athletes are doing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Latest update of PFT's "Police Blotter" ..see how our noble athletes are doing.

PFT, keeping track of NFL player misdeeds...

Find all the latest ProFootballTalk news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Latest update of PFT's "Police Blotter" ..see how our noble athletes are doing.

Well, we had to go back to July 2011 to get a Bill on the list, and it was no-name WR Paul Hubbard.

Before that, it was McIntyre, which shouldn't even be on the list as it turned out to be a case of mistaken identity and the guy did nothing wrong.

Before that, it was stupid Donte Whitner.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Re: Latest update of PFT's "Police Blotter" ..see how our noble athletes are doing.

Oh, and PFT must have borrowed Doc Brown's Delorian:

7/14/2013: Broncos DE Elvis Dumervil is arrested for aggravated assault.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
        Buffalo Bills Fan
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
        Oh, and PFT must have borrowed Doc Brown's Delorian:
        Typos happen...kinda like typing Delorian instead of the correct spelling - DeLorean?

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Well DeLorean isn't in SpellChecker- and while I do strive for accuracy, my message board posts don't have professional proofreaders like a website owned by NBC.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Well DeLorean isn't in SpellChecker- and while I do strive for accuracy, my message board posts don't have professional proofreaders like a website owned by NBC.
            Correct spelling is something one learns in schools...well, that used to be the case. Automatic spelling checkers are a refuge of the lazy. It's no wonder that colleges are appalled at the the lack of basic abilities of their incoming (cash crop) freshmen, and that employers are just as appalled at the graduates the colleges churn out.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
              Correct spelling is something one learns in schools...well, that used to be the case. Automatic spelling checkers are a refuge of the lazy. It's no wonder that colleges are appalled at the the lack of basic abilities of their incoming (cash crop) freshmen, and that employers are just as appalled at the graduates the colleges churn out.
              well, you can use that ridiculous argument against just about any form of technology. Computers have spell checkers that are more efficient and accurate than any human could ever dream of being, and there is no reason not to use them.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

False. And, no need to resort to belittlement. You were wrong - don't blame others, don't dissemble; simply admit it. No problem there..for we all make errors. That's not hard to do, unless you are a narcissist.
                Last edited by stuckincincy; 07-18-2012, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

False. And, no need to resort to belittlement. You were wrong; simply admit it. That's not hard to do, unless you are a narcissist.
                  Yes, I mispelled the name of a company that went out of business nearly 20 years ago in a message board post.

That's not the same as a professional publication putting the wrong year in a list of events ordered chronologically.

And I didn't say anything false. There is absolutely nothing lazy about using modern technology, especially in cases like spell checking where the technology is so much more capable than an individual person.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Yes, I mispelled the name of a company that went out of business nearly 20 years ago in a message board post.

That's not the same as a professional publication putting the wrong year in a list of events ordered chronologically.

And I didn't say anything false. There is absolutely nothing lazy about using modern technology, especially in cases like spell checking where the technology is so much more capable than an individual person.
                    You have reached rock bottom, but continue to dig.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

You have reached rock bottom, but continue to dig.
                      you accuse me of reaching rock bottom in a post that has absolutely zero substance to it. You'll have to do better than that.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

you accuse me of reaching rock bottom in a post that has absolutely zero substance to it. You'll have to do better than that.

Nice dodge. You proceeded to blame spell checkers for not doing your own due diligence, then blamed a company of committing the same error as you. Scroll back. There is nothing wrong with an honest man admitting an error, but for reasons unknown, you cannot.

Note that my spelling is correct - without blaming a crutch if I perchance made an error. We are different people.
                        Last edited by stuckincincy; 07-18-2012, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Nice dodge. You proceeded to blame spell checkers for not doing your own due diligence, then blamed a company of committing the same error as you. Scroll back. There is nothing wrong with an honest man admitting an error, but for reasons unknown, you cannot.

Note that my spelling is correct - without blaming a crutch if I perchance made an error. We are different people.
                          I did admit my error.

I simply pointed out that it was not the same error that NBC made, and even if it is, as a professional company, they should be held to a higher standard than message board post.

And due diligence? Seriously? DeLorean went out of business when I was 3 years old. I've seen 2 in my entire life and wasn't close enough to see the sticker on the back. Do you really Google the names of companies that went out of business 20 years ago to make sure you spell their names correctly in a friggin message board post?
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

I did admit my error.

I simply pointed out that it was not the same error that NBC made, and even if it is, as a professional company, they should be held to a higher standard than message board post.

And due diligence? Seriously? DeLorean went out of business when I was 3 years old. I've seen 2 in my entire life and wasn't close enough to see the sticker on the back. Do you really Google the names of companies that went out of business 20 years ago to make sure you spell their names correctly in a friggin message board post?
                            Of course I do, if I'm unsure of a spelling. I didn't have to do that with DeLorean - former Pontiac Division head, putative force behind the GTO, his cocaine dealings and so on. I'm one of the Ancients. We try to keep the past flames alive. Our eyes are closing and we are becoming dust. One of our tools is rhetoric, to pique thought.

The torch of civility is going to fall into your hands. Do it justice - it's been pretty shaky for several years.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Every generation claims that the next generation is less civil than theirs.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X