PDA

View Full Version : Shawne Merriman hopes sweat equity pays off

justasportsfan
07-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Check out the video. It's an educational glimpse into what an NFL player -- one who's fighting for reps on a stacked defensive line, no less -- goes through to maintain himself.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/07/shawne-merriman-hopes-sweat-equity-pays-off.html

Cali512
07-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Loving all the skinny guys standing there working out, and Merriman telling the guy hes trying to get bigger, at his size already

SquishDaFish
07-19-2012, 02:24 PM
I have a feeling hes going to be a BEAST this year

BillsOverDolphins
07-19-2012, 05:53 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

kishoph
07-20-2012, 03:50 AM

If he can get to where he once was, or how he looked during last years pre-season, he could really help send this Defense over the top. I can't wait to see this Defense in action.

OpIv37
07-20-2012, 06:25 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.

agreed.

He keeps saying that his Achilles is better, and the team keeps saying it too, but what are they going to say?

Merriman: "I'll never be 100% again so I'm really just bilking this multimillion dollar contract as long as I possibly can. There is absolutely no reason for opponents to be intimidated by me."
Nix: "Well Merriman is still gimpy but we gave him so much money that we have to take a chance."

Please.

It would be a nice bonus if he could be healthy but it's good that the team doesn't appear to be counting on it.

Ed
07-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Well we can't say he isn't trying. I'll hold out hope that he can make a full recovery, or at least close to a full recovery since he never actually ruptured his achilles, but it's nice to not be depending on his recovery and pass rush like we were last year.

Bill Cody
07-20-2012, 12:30 PM

I have a feeling his best days were when he was juicing and now that he can't he's a guy that can't stay healthy and even when he is healthy is a shadow of his former juicy self

kishoph
07-20-2012, 02:02 PM
I have a feeling his best days were when he was juicing and now that he can't he's a guy that can't stay healthy and even when he is healthy is a shadow of his former juicy self

His "best days" were not when he was "juicing", his best production came after his suspension for steroid use which he denied ever taking and also which he had tested clean 19 out of 20 times
between entering the league and being suspended. His decline came because of injuries.

Bill Cody
07-20-2012, 02:28 PM
His "best days" were not when he was "juicing", his best production came after his suspension for steroid use which he denied ever taking and also which he had tested clean 19 out of 20 times
between entering the league and being suspended. His decline came because of injuries.

Merriman had a 10 sack year in 2005. In 2006 he had a 17 sack year, the year he was caught taking steroids. He had one more good year the year after and he's been injury prone since. I'm not telling you what to believe. Fell free to believe in the Easter Bunny if you like, whateve works for you. But his suspension was for steroids, not some supplement he got mixed up. They had an A and a B sample and they both tested positive. FOR STEROIDS. He was using. Everyone that gets caught has a story. I believe the labs. And it is a fact that guys that use tend to break down, you see it all the time in sports. Merriman may have benefited from the steroids for a year after he stopped using. But then he was just a guy who was not that good and very injury prone. There were a ton of rumors about Merriman when he was drafted when he put on like 30 pounds between the end of his last year in college and the combine. The Cowboys were expected to take Merriman but Bill Parcells passed on him. I think he passed because he suspected Merrriman was using. You want to believe the guy got a bad batch of some supplement and was really just unlucky with the test and subsequent injuries? No problem with me. Just don't ask me to believe it.

justasportsfan
07-20-2012, 02:45 PM
he got caught with roids at the border according to some dependable sources

BillsOverDolphins
07-20-2012, 03:01 PM
he got caught with roids in the border according to some dependable sources

lol Pat Moran

Skooby
07-20-2012, 04:17 PM
lol Pat Moran

Isn't that the wanna-be that talked about his kid in traffic or something if his story isn't true on his own gay site?

SABURZFAN
07-20-2012, 04:41 PM
sweat equity pays off for acehole and his mom down on the street corner.

HAMMER
07-20-2012, 05:13 PM
He's looking kinda small, better keep pushing.