PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the No. 2 quarterback?

justasportsfan
07-20-2012, 09:30 AM
For Young going from the Philadelphia Eagles offense to Buffalo’s scheme was a big adjustment. In the spring practices Young’s play was a bit inconsistent as it looked like he wasn’t quite trusting everything he was seeing in the pass game. There were also plays in which his natural ability was on display and evident.

“We’ve got some long plays,” said Young. “We’re doing some things out there to showcase a lot of the talent that we have from the backfield to the tight end to the receiver. It’s definitely long, but the coaches do a great job to make sure we get the scripts and go over them, over and over. One thing that’s been helping me out is a lot of film work, seeing the play and then calling the play. And then seeing it on film has been helping me out learning plays pretty fast.”

“My job is to compete for the second job so that’s what I’m going to do,” said Young. “Get in here and study extremely hard with new terminology and things like that. That’s all I can do is play my position and play my role.”

“I feel like we’re a good group together,” said Thigpen. “We’re supportive of one another and if I see something I’m going to tell Vince or if I see something I’ll tell Fitz, or if they see something I would hope they would tell me something. At the end of the day it’s competition, but I’ve also got to worry about myself and take care of my job and the rest will take care of itself.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/5---Who-will-be-the-No-2-quarterback/b7754ee3-11e1-4622-8398-e8072db29770

justasportsfan
07-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Lee glad to have front row seat

Bills QBs coach David Lee has been coaching quarterbacks for 38 years, but the competition that will ensue for the backup job behind Ryan Fitzpatrick in training camp next week has him as excited as ever.

“That competition between Vince and Tyler is going to be something special,” Lee told Buffalobills.com. ”It’ll be fun to watch.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/07/20/lee-glad-to-have-front-row-seat/

PTI
07-20-2012, 09:59 AM
So it will be more fun than watching 2 pimple faced kids in college like he has for the overwhelming majority of his career, I guess?

EDS
07-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Surely will be a battle for the ages for that #2 job!

Come on, if Vince can't unseat Thigpen he is done with the NFL.

BillsOverDolphins
07-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Surely will be a battle for the ages for that #2 job!

Come on, if Vince can't unseat Thigpen he is done with the NFL.

Yup. We're talking about Tyler ***** Thigpen here...

Bill Cody
07-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Vince may not be headed for Oxford after retirement to pursue a PHD in Medieval Studies but even if he never learned the playbook he's better than Pig Pen. Period.

justasportsfan
07-20-2012, 02:11 PM
IMO, Young will take Thigpens job this year and then push Fitz for his job next year.

ddaryl
07-20-2012, 02:29 PM
My money is on Vince. He just brings those physical intangibles that Thigpen will never have. Vince also gives us a better outside chance of becoming a starter for the Bills

but it will come down to whether Vince can absorb the playbook to a level of Chan's liking

ddaryl
07-20-2012, 02:30 PM
IMO, Young will take Thigpens job this year and then push Fitz for his job next year.

that's a big if.. If we can resign him, if he can absorb the playbook and mental aspects to Chan's liking, and if Fitz does not improve himself

justasportsfan
07-20-2012, 02:44 PM
that's a big if.. If we can resign him, if he can absorb the playbook and mental aspects to Chan's liking, and if Fitz does not improve himself

defenlly