PDA

View Full Version : Poll results: Bills heading to the playoffs

YardRat
07-22-2012, 08:39 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/44583/poll-results-bills-heading-to-the-playoffs

It turns out I'm not the only one high on the Buffalo Bills after a stellar offseason.

In our latest AFC East poll (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/44527/poll-predicting-the-bills-2012-record), an overwhelming majority of our community voted Buffalo to win nine to 11 games this season. That most likely will be good enough to earn a wild card in the AFC; an 11-5 record might even push the New England Patriots for a division title.

Here was reaction from our community:

BillsOverDolphins
07-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Well then it's settled.

Meathead
07-22-2012, 02:20 PM
sabres whetted our apetite for massive season let downs, bills might be the main course

YardRat
07-22-2012, 04:07 PM
I vote 'Yes'.

Meathead
07-22-2012, 09:37 PM
i really want to see the veteran leadership of this team start to aggressively plant the players feet on the ground by reminding them how hard it is to win in the nfl and to make sure not pay any attention whatsoever to preseason accolades

its great to be confident but the good teams are almost always reserved in their self adulation by being respectful of the game and their opponents. even small amounts of overconfidence is a killer, once things inevitably turn a little south it has a tendency to snowball if you havent set mental expectations properly months in advance. its no coincidence that teams like the jets and eagles imploded the last couple seasons after beating their chests over getting their jocks ridden by the national media

players like fitz, stevie, freddie, nick, and george to be reminding them of that every chance they get. hopefully last seasons epic collapse (again) taught them how easy that can happen and they wont underestimate that factor again

Mr. Miyagi
07-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Maybe we can just vote our way to the Super Bowl.

OpIv37
07-23-2012, 07:28 AM
I don't like this at all.

Both the Bills and the Sabres tend to have a level of play that declines when more people are paying attention. I like it when the players have high expectations for themselves, but when media and fans of other teams suddenly have expectations, they tend to fall apart.

justasportsfan
07-23-2012, 09:14 AM
I don't like this at all.

Both the Bills and the Sabres tend to have a level of play that declines when more people are paying attention. I like it when the players have high expectations for themselves, but when media and fans of other teams suddenly have expectations, they tend to fall apart.

why don't you like it? the reasons why there are high expectations is because the bills brought in players that you had hoped we'd do.

OpIv37
07-23-2012, 09:41 AM
why don't you like it? the reasons why there are high expectations is because the bills brought in players that you had hoped we'd do.

I don't like it because this team hasn't proven that they can live up to expectations. Example: last year's epic collapse after the 5-2 start.

justasportsfan
07-23-2012, 09:42 AM
I don't like it because this team hasn't proven that they can live up to expectations. Example: last year's epic collapse after the 5-2 start.

would you rather we didn't bring in players and still have high expectations? I don't care f they haven't proven it but at least this time, there is/are LEGITIMATE reason/s for high expectations.

OpIv37
07-23-2012, 10:37 AM
I never said there weren't legit reasons for the expectations. I'm saying that I don't know if this group is able to deal with the pressure that the expectations bring.

justasportsfan
07-23-2012, 11:01 AM
I never said there weren't legit reasons for the expectations. I'm saying that I don't know if this group is able to deal with the pressure that the expectations bring.

this group is a mixture of vets and rookies. I think they'll be fine.

delectrolux
07-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Show me the baby.

Night Train
07-24-2012, 03:12 AM
Believe you are good and you won't accept losing.

The players will hold themselves to a higher standard. Way overdue.

I like it.