PDA

View Full Version : The Tipping point? Ryan Fitzpatrick

Extremebillsfan247
07-23-2012, 07:16 PM
We all know the Fitzpatrick story up to now. How critical is this year to his career as a starting QB in your opinion? Is there no more room for error, or excuses? Finally, can this be the season that either makes or breaks him as a Pro? What do you think?

Skooby
07-23-2012, 07:59 PM
He needs to not lose us games now, versus winning them for us.

BertSquirtgum
07-23-2012, 08:57 PM
With David Lee as his coach, if he still stinks it up like he has in the past, then I don't want to hear any excuses from anyone on this website. Such as, blah blah blah, he had broken ribs, blah blah blah blah, blah. If they were so bad that they affected his play, then he wouldn't have been playing. So, to answer the OP's original question, IMO, this is no doubt his final chance to prove whether he is truly a starting caliber quarterback in this league.

ServoBillieves
07-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Hurkey is 100% right with the QB coach part. It honestly IMHO comes to injuries. A healthy receiving corp and a healthy offensive line minus all the damn shuffling/injuries/et cetera that happened will prove whether he can do it. If not? I give no ecuses.

Night Train
07-24-2012, 03:19 AM
This is his make or break year. Regardless, a QB will be drafted early next April. His contract with a complete out after 2012 dictates this.

ddaryl
07-24-2012, 07:21 AM
dead horse.

let camp begin. Everyone already knows the score, the only proof will be the season.

but IMMO.... Fitz needs to throw about 5 more TD's then last year and 5 less INT's... minimum... this year compared to last.

mayotm
07-24-2012, 08:52 AM
dead horse.

let camp begin. Everyone already knows the score, the only proof will be the season.

but IMMO.... Fitz needs to throw about 5 more TD's then last year and 5 less INT's... minimum... this year compared to last.Thank you. What Fitz will or won't do has been debated to death. Bring on the season.

Ed
07-24-2012, 10:26 AM
No doubt that this is the most important year for Fitz. He's got everything going for him right now. Good offensive coaching, a big talent at WR in Stevie Johnson, a great running game to take pressure off, what should be a good defense keeping things close, and his third year now in the same system. He's got the full support of the coaches and players too. Plus, the schedule is pretty favorable minus so many road games early on. We'll just have to see how things unfold, but it will be hard to make any excuses.

Mahdi
07-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Although I expect Fitz to improve over last year, I don't think any upgrades to his supporting cast were made. LT is either as good or potentially worse considering a rookie and sophomore are the most likely to start.

At WR there is potential with TJ adding some speed but other than that I don't see any game breakers outside of Johnson. RBs are the same although now there will be a split in the carries which could actually reduce the effectiveness of any one runner.

TE is the same but there is some potential for Dorin Dickerson to play a key role with his speed and hands.

Overall, a lot of question marks and not much elite or proven talent added to the offense to convince anyone that Fitz will take his game to another level. Only factor that should allow him to get better is being healthier.

ddaryl
07-24-2012, 11:06 AM
Although I expect Fitz to improve over last year, I don't think any upgrades to his supporting cast were made.

I disagree some.. Experience for lots of our young WR's, a few who are entering their 3rd years. The emergence of Spiller as a dependable back. Depth at WR and OL was brought in, which should help tremendously.

Big names aren't necessarily upgrades.. FA's aren't always the long term answer either. I'm actually quite content to let the team develop as a unit, and I believe this will pay Bills fans a much bigger dividend.

Mahdi
07-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Right but all that is questionable and unproven. How much better Nelson, Chandler, Graham, Jones etc will be is up in the air. Whereas we could have added a WR in FA that could be depended on as our #2.

Not saying we're doomed, maybe everything pans out but we left ourselves with a lot of question marks in an area we needed to improve in. We also didn't get that big "mismatch" WR they talked about all offseason.

Meathead
07-24-2012, 03:37 PM
im going to say fitz needs a full season rate of at least 21 tds, no more than 14 ints, and a compl pcent over 62 to remain a bill in '13. if not its entirely possible if not likely they exercise the escape clause and move on

i think he gets it done with room to spare