PDA

View Full Version : What is the one thing this coaching staff must do better in 2012?

DraftBoy
07-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Pretty simple question.

We've gone over ad nauseum what players like McKelvin, Fitzpatrick and others must be better at in 2012. So what is the one thing our coaches absolutely must do a better job of?

I've got my one thing, and Ill probably take 2 or 3 ideas from here and make them into an article for BBD for later this week with credit given.

buffalobillsfan95
07-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Last year we won some games early because of the turnovers we made on defense.
I think they just happen to be at the right place at the right time. What I'm saying is we need them to make the defense more consistent so we don't have to get turnovers

Also I noticed gailey has to fix his play calling.
In games where we were running the ball down there throat and they could not stop it, we would just abandon the run game completely even though it was our best option.

Ed
07-24-2012, 10:32 AM
I felt like we had a tendency to abandon the running game way too early too often last season. We have a great run blocking O-line, some of the best talent at RB, and an ability to run successfully out of multiple formations. Our defense should be able to keep things close also and make some plays of their own. I hate seeing us go three and out with three straight passing plays when the games close and we've been doing a good job running the ball.

Mahdi
07-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Target our playmakers more often. Too many games last year with Stevie is ignored in the first half of the game and then its too late to recover. Being a spread it out offense is great but any great team is successful through its great players.

Get the ball to Stevie, Fred and Spiller as much as possible and let the rest chip in. Stevie should get 95-100 receptions.

justasportsfan
07-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Keep the players healthy.

mayotm
07-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Run the ball more. Jackson and Spiller both averaged over 5 yards per carry.

Night Train
07-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Run the ball more on O is a reasonable request but throwing some quick swing passes to Jackson & Spiller is just as effective, if not better in yards gained. Whatever moves the chains.

On D, Pass rush. That's up to Wanny how to use the players.

Bills Juggernaut
07-24-2012, 11:48 AM
I would say getting the passing game to concentrate more on hitting the mid-range throws. Last year, I think that once D's started realizing that our passing game was mostly short routes, they crowded the line and forced Fitzy into a lot of bad passes. I'm not saying the long ball, but I think the deep outs, deep in's, and TE seam passes will keep opposing DB's from stiing on our 5-7 yard curls and slants.

It's amazing how good our running game was despite of the fact that the line of scrimmage was so crowded. With Db's a little more on thier heels, and safteys worried about 15 yard crossing patterns, the running game will only get better too.

zone
07-24-2012, 02:10 PM
On offense get better on 3rd down, we need to stay on the field and keep our D fresh.

On defense pass rush and turnovers without blitzing.

zone
07-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Pretty simple question.

We've gone over ad nauseum what players like McKelvin, Fitzpatrick and others must be better at in 2012. So what is the one thing our coaches absolutely must do a better job of?

I've got my one thing, and Ill probably take 2 or 3 ideas from here and make them into an article for BBD for later this week with credit given.

Also, stop posting the same thread on both boards... lol

DraftBoy
07-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Also, stop posting the same thread on both boards... lol

Negative. You're lucky I dont hit up all three or four, or however many there are.

SABURZFAN
07-24-2012, 03:52 PM
they need to find the starting QB a WR corp that is close to NFL standards. that could happen when teams start making cuts.

tomz
07-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Design effective blitzes if they are going to use it.

better days
07-24-2012, 06:48 PM
Design effective blitzes if they are going to use it.

I think you will be waiting a long time to see the Bills blitz with Wanny as DC. He is very conservative & will not have to gamble on the blitz with the pass rushers the Bills now have.

YardRat
07-24-2012, 08:27 PM
Better and more appropriate use of personnel, which I think we will see. No more square pegs in round holes, like Kelsay/Carrington at LBer.

Skooby
07-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Buy the new refs lobster / cracked crab for a regular game season halftime snack.

Typ0
07-24-2012, 09:34 PM
Win games.

djjimkelly
07-24-2012, 09:43 PM
just keep redzone percentage up on both sides of the ball

Extremebillsfan247
07-25-2012, 06:44 AM
Pretty simple question.

In my opinion they've already done it. They replaced a defensive coordinator who was in over his head with a far more competent one.

PTI
07-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Not care of guys celebrate, not care if guys appear to not be character guys, as long as they are productive players.

mayotm
07-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Not care of guys celebrate, not care if guys appear to not be character guys, as long as they are productive players.So the coaching staff shouldn't care when a player celebrates and gets a 15 yard penalty? Yet another of your brilliant posts. Keep up the good work.