What is the one thing this coaching staff must do better in 2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

What is the one thing this coaching staff must do better in 2012?

Pretty simple question.

We've gone over ad nauseum what players like McKelvin, Fitzpatrick and others must be better at in 2012. So what is the one thing our coaches absolutely must do a better job of?

I've got my one thing, and Ill probably take 2 or 3 ideas from here and make them into an article for BBD for later this week with credit given.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • buffalobillsfan95
    • Jan 2010

Re: What is the one thing this coaching staff must do better in 2012?

Last year we won some games early because of the turnovers we made on defense.
    I think they just happen to be at the right place at the right time. What I'm saying is we need them to make the defense more consistent so we don't have to get turnovers

Also I noticed gailey has to fix his play calling.
    In games where we were running the ball down there throat and they could not stop it, we would just abandon the run game completely even though it was our best option.
    “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

• Ed
      Dude
      • Sep 2002

I felt like we had a tendency to abandon the running game way too early too often last season. We have a great run blocking O-line, some of the best talent at RB, and an ability to run successfully out of multiple formations. Our defense should be able to keep things close also and make some plays of their own. I hate seeing us go three and out with three straight passing plays when the games close and we've been doing a good job running the ball.

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Target our playmakers more often. Too many games last year with Stevie is ignored in the first half of the game and then its too late to recover. Being a spread it out offense is great but any great team is successful through its great players.

Get the ball to Stevie, Fred and Spiller as much as possible and let the rest chip in. Stevie should get 95-100 receptions.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Keep the players healthy.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mayotm
            • Jul 2003

Run the ball more. Jackson and Spiller both averaged over 5 yards per carry.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Run the ball more on O is a reasonable request but throwing some quick swing passes to Jackson & Spiller is just as effective, if not better in yards gained. Whatever moves the chains.

On D, Pass rush. That's up to Wanny how to use the players.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Bills Juggernaut
                • Aug 2006

I would say getting the passing game to concentrate more on hitting the mid-range throws. Last year, I think that once D's started realizing that our passing game was mostly short routes, they crowded the line and forced Fitzy into a lot of bad passes. I'm not saying the long ball, but I think the deep outs, deep in's, and TE seam passes will keep opposing DB's from stiing on our 5-7 yard curls and slants.

It's amazing how good our running game was despite of the fact that the line of scrimmage was so crowded. With Db's a little more on thier heels, and safteys worried about 15 yard crossing patterns, the running game will only get better too.
                The One and Only

Comment

• zone
                  No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                  • Oct 2003

On offense get better on 3rd down, we need to stay on the field and keep our D fresh.

On defense pass rush and turnovers without blitzing.
                  www.blzbus.com

Comment

• zone
                    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                    Pretty simple question.

We've gone over ad nauseum what players like McKelvin, Fitzpatrick and others must be better at in 2012. So what is the one thing our coaches absolutely must do a better job of?

I've got my one thing, and Ill probably take 2 or 3 ideas from here and make them into an article for BBD for later this week with credit given.
                    Also, stop posting the same thread on both boards... lol
                    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by zone View Post
                      Also, stop posting the same thread on both boards... lol
                      Negative. You're lucky I dont hit up all three or four, or however many there are.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

they need to find the starting QB a WR corp that is close to NFL standards. that could happen when teams start making cuts.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• tomz
                          • Feb 2007

Design effective blitzes if they are going to use it.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by tomz View Post
                            Design effective blitzes if they are going to use it.
                            I think you will be waiting a long time to see the Bills blitz with Wanny as DC. He is very conservative & will not have to gamble on the blitz with the pass rushers the Bills now have.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Better and more appropriate use of personnel, which I think we will see. No more square pegs in round holes, like Kelsay/Carrington at LBer.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X