PDA

View Full Version : ... it officially begins

Meathead
07-24-2012, 03:00 PM
Jets better with Tim Tebow at quarterback?

Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. is not a Tim Tebow supporter. In fact, Williamson is one of Tebow's harshest critics.

But he has no doubt that Tebow will eventually supplant starting quarterback Mark Sanchez this season and take over the New York Jets.

“My prediction is he will see immediate time as a backup, maybe 15-20 snaps a game from the start,” Williamson explained. “Then, I think [coach] Rex Ryan will look at it more and more like Tebow gives the Jets the better chance to win. The Jets' defense is so strong and they’re pretty good on special teams that they could play Tebow more and more, because it gives them the best chance to have a winning record this year. That may not be the right answer long term, but I don’t think Rex cares about that. He’s probably feeling a little heat there with the Jets. I think Tebow becomes the starter before midseason.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/44466/jets-better-with-tim-tebow-at-quarterback

http://gifs.gifbin.com/072009/1247140047_mushroom-cloud.gif
juck the fets

Meathead
07-24-2012, 03:05 PM
dang that was supposed to be a cool looking animated mushroom cloud. was when i posted it at least. oh well

edit: ok fixed

PTI
07-24-2012, 03:12 PM
I think you could sub Young for Tebow and Fitz for Sanchez and it would fit too.

Ed
07-24-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm surprised how many people seem so certain that Tebow is going to take over for Sanchez at some point this season.

SABURZFAN
07-24-2012, 04:40 PM
I think you could sub Young for Tebow and Fitz for Sanchez and it would fit too.

that would probably liven up this board a bit.

better days
07-24-2012, 06:30 PM
Well, I heard a Brandon Lloyd interview back in March, I did not think he was a Tebow fan & was surprised by what he said about Tebow. I think the host that asked him about Tebow was surprised as well. I'm sure the host was expecting him to bash Tebow because Lloyd had been traded to the Rams & was now about to become a FA. He said there was not much of a drop off in throws between other QBs & Tebow. He said he has seen right handed NFL QBs with worse mechanics than Tebow. He said Tebows biggest problem was anticipation & reading defenses. He said he will learn to do that in time & be fine. He said Tebow is a leader & everyone on the team loved playing with him. He also said you could just feel it when Tebow was in the huddle, we could be down by three scores & everyone thought we have a chance.

Lloyd must have gone on for 10 min. about how good Tebow is & can be, the biggest endorsment of Tebow I have heard from an NFL teammate. Amazing.

Night Train
07-24-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm rooting heavily for Tebow to become the Jets QB.

Like last years Broncos game, we will KILL him.

MTBillsFan
07-24-2012, 07:22 PM
I hope dirty plays so bad in week 1 because of our d, that Teblow will be starting week 2.

better days
07-24-2012, 09:58 PM
I hope dirty plays so bad in week 1 because of our d, that Teblow will be starting week 2.

I would love to see the Bills beat the Jets in week one & when they play again, but if Tebow were as bad as some people think, the Broncos could have replaced him with ANYONE. It took Payton Manning, a future HOF QB, to get Tebow out of Denver.

mightysimi
07-25-2012, 06:26 AM
We don't know that for sure. They went after the best QB on the market and got him. Who knows if they would have tried plan B. Elway has never been the biggest Tebow supporter.

OpIv37
07-25-2012, 07:16 AM
If you have two QB's, you have none.

I love the drama this is causing in NY, and with the NY media and fickle fan base, they'll be screaming for Tebow after Sanchez's 2nd INT (which will probably come by halftime in their first game).

And, like Night Train said, I want Tebow to be the QB based on how he played against the Bills last year, which was presumably a much worse D than what we'll have this year. It could be quite entertaining.

better days
07-25-2012, 07:24 AM
We don't know that for sure. They went after the best QB on the market and got him. Who knows if they would have tried plan B. Elway has never been the biggest Tebow supporter.

We don't know what for sure? If Elway tried to replace Tebow with any QB available other than Manning, the Denver fans would have been up in arms calling for his head. And if Payton does not play well, I think there will still be many people in Denver upset about the loss of Tebow.

better days
07-25-2012, 07:28 AM
If you have two QB's, you have none.

I love the drama this is causing in NY, and with the NY media and fickle fan base, they'll be screaming for Tebow after Sanchez's 2nd INT (which will probably come by halftime in their first game).

And, like Night Train said, I want Tebow to be the QB based on how he played against the Bills last year, which was presumably a much worse D than what we'll have this year. It could be quite entertaining.

The Bills made a couple big plays that gave them the win, but I think people forget Tebow drove the Broncos the length of the field to score a TD both on the Broncos first posession & also to start the 2nd half.

The King
07-25-2012, 07:32 AM
I think Denver felt like they were close to where they need to be to win a championship. And rather than wait for Tebow to develop they wanted someone who could step in and manage that offense right away. What they got is obviously better than anyone expected. But their defense carried the team last year so get yourself a mistake-limiting manager and you're in great shape.

better days
07-25-2012, 07:39 AM
I think Denver felt like they were close to where they need to be to win a championship. And rather than wait for Tebow to develop they wanted someone who could step in and manage that offense right away. What they got is obviously better than anyone expected. But their defense carried the team last year so get yourself a mistake-limiting manager and you're in great shape.

Except they let Brodrick Bunkley get away in FA & it does not look like they found a replacement for him & with Tebow gone so is the Broncos running game.

The King
07-25-2012, 07:42 AM
I think the running game will be fine. Teams will be planning for Manning they'll get their 3.5 per carry.

better days
07-25-2012, 07:46 AM
I think the running game will be fine. Teams will be planning for Manning they'll get their 3.5 per carry.

Well, if Manning can get the ball downfield it will help loosen up the defense, but if his arm is not strong enough to do that, the line will be crowded & McGahee is mediocre. He is no Fred Jackson or Marshaun Lynch.

mayotm
07-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Tebow obviously did some good things bringing the Broncos from behind on numerous occasions. I'll give him credit for that. However, it was his poor play for three plus quarters that had the Broncos behind in the first place. Their defense did a good job keeping them in games. They also had a kicker making 60 yard FG's to win games. His performance against a terrible Bills defense showed me a lot. He is young so he could get better. He's obviously a winner and has great intangibles. I'm not sure if that is going to be enough for him to be a consistent starter. Time will tell. For now, he's nothing more than a second string QB. It's not his fault, but he is the most over analyzed and over hyped player in the league.

The King
07-25-2012, 08:14 AM
They have Moreno too. And Manning doesn't have to throw 40 yard bombs to create opportunities for the running game. Even with his arm at 70% his ability to read defenses keeps him in the top 10. IMO.

mush69
07-25-2012, 08:35 AM
Teblow and the Jets will filtering into Cortland tomorrow and the whole city is gone crazy with Tim Tebow coming to town. I swear I hope this comes back to haunt the Jets and their fans. It really is just a matter of time before Holmes blows a gasket again and Fat Rex will have to try and hold everything together.

better days
07-25-2012, 09:01 AM
Tebow obviously did some good things bringing the Broncos from behind on numerous occasions. I'll give him credit for that. However, it was his poor play for three plus quarters that had the Broncos behind in the first place. Their defense did a good job keeping them in games. They also had a kicker making 60 yard FG's to win games. His performance against a terrible Bills defense showed me a lot. He is young so he could get better. He's obviously a winner and has great intangibles. I'm not sure if that is going to be enough for him to be a consistent starter. Time will tell. For now, he's nothing more than a second string QB. It's not his fault, but he is the most over analyzed and over hyped player in the league.

Well, I think much of the problem the Broncos had the first 3 qtrs last year was the play calling. They called a very conervative game for 3 qtrs & did not turn Tebow loose until they were forced to do so in the 4th because they were behind. I think there is no question Tebow will continue to develop & become a starter on some team after his rookie contract is finished.

justasportsfan
07-25-2012, 09:02 AM
Tebow or Sanchez, Sparano knows he doesn't have gun slingers so they will run the ball all day. It's important we get a lead and force them to throw the ball.

Should be interesting to see Sparano's wildcat vs. David Lee's.

better days
07-25-2012, 09:04 AM
They have Moreno too. And Manning doesn't have to throw 40 yard bombs to create opportunities for the running game. Even with his arm at 70% his ability to read defenses keeps him in the top 10. IMO.

I agree if Manning is at 70% he will still be a good QB, however if he can't get the ball downfield, the running game will suffer because both McGahee & Moreno are mediocre. Neither are going to get many yds when the defense is playing tight.

mayotm
07-25-2012, 09:09 AM
Well, I think much of the problem the Broncos had the first 3 qtrs last year was the play calling. They called a very conervative game for 3 qtrs & did not turn Tebow loose until they were forced to do so in the 4th because they were behind. I think there is no question Tebow will continue to develop & become a starter on some team after his rookie contract is finished.I agree he'll likely get a chance to start somewhere at some point. Whether or not he'll be successful is very debatable.

TigerJ
07-26-2012, 10:18 AM
I agree. Controversy only helps the Bills even though Ryan seems to relish it.

better days
07-26-2012, 04:09 PM
I agree. Controversy only helps the Bills even though Ryan seems to relish it.

Controversy bit Rex in the ass last year. If Sanchez falters & Tebow plays well in the role given him, the Jets locker room, hell the Jets fans & the entire Jersey/NYC area will be going CRAZY.