• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meathead
    Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

... it officially begins

Jets better with Tim Tebow at quarterback?

Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. is not a Tim Tebow supporter. In fact, Williamson is one of Tebow's harshest critics.

But he has no doubt that Tebow will eventually supplant starting quarterback Mark Sanchez this season and take over the New York Jets.

“My prediction is he will see immediate time as a backup, maybe 15-20 snaps a game from the start,” Williamson explained. “Then, I think [coach] Rex Ryan will look at it more and more like Tebow gives the Jets the better chance to win. The Jets' defense is so strong and they’re pretty good on special teams that they could play Tebow more and more, because it gives them the best chance to have a winning record this year. That may not be the right answer long term, but I don’t think Rex cares about that. He’s probably feeling a little heat there with the Jets. I think Tebow becomes the starter before midseason.”

Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. is not a Tim Tebow supporter. In fact, Williamson is one of Tebow's harshest critics.But he has no doubt that Tebow will eventually supplant starting quarterback Mark Sanchez this season and take over the New York Jets.

juck the fets
    Last edited by Meathead; 07-24-2012, 03:27 PM.
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community
  • Meathead
    Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: ... it officially begins

dang that was supposed to be a cool looking animated mushroom cloud. was when i posted it at least. oh well

edit: ok fixed
    Last edited by Meathead; 07-24-2012, 03:27 PM.
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• PTI
      Banned
      • Jan 2011

I think you could sub Young for Tebow and Fitz for Sanchez and it would fit too.

Comment

• Ed
        • Sep 2002

I'm surprised how many people seem so certain that Tebow is going to take over for Sanchez at some point this season.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PTI View Post
          I think you could sub Young for Tebow and Fitz for Sanchez and it would fit too.

that would probably liven up this board a bit.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Well, I heard a Brandon Lloyd interview back in March, I did not think he was a Tebow fan & was surprised by what he said about Tebow. I think the host that asked him about Tebow was surprised as well. I'm sure the host was expecting him to bash Tebow because Lloyd had been traded to the Rams & was now about to become a FA. He said there was not much of a drop off in throws between other QBs & Tebow. He said he has seen right handed NFL QBs with worse mechanics than Tebow. He said Tebows biggest problem was anticipation & reading defenses. He said he will learn to do that in time & be fine. He said Tebow is a leader & everyone on the team loved playing with him. He also said you could just feel it when Tebow was in the huddle, we could be down by three scores & everyone thought we have a chance.

Lloyd must have gone on for 10 min. about how good Tebow is & can be, the biggest endorsment of Tebow I have heard from an NFL teammate. Amazing.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

I'm rooting heavily for Tebow to become the Jets QB.

Like last years Broncos game, we will KILL him.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• MTBillsFan
                • May 2003

I hope dirty plays so bad in week 1 because of our d, that Teblow will be starting week 2.
                Send me some wings!

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MTBillsFan View Post
                  I hope dirty plays so bad in week 1 because of our d, that Teblow will be starting week 2.
                  I would love to see the Bills beat the Jets in week one & when they play again, but if Tebow were as bad as some people think, the Broncos could have replaced him with ANYONE. It took Payton Manning, a future HOF QB, to get Tebow out of Denver.

Comment

• mightysimi
                    Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                    • Mar 2010

We don't know that for sure. They went after the best QB on the market and got him. Who knows if they would have tried plan B. Elway has never been the biggest Tebow supporter.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

If you have two QB's, you have none.

I love the drama this is causing in NY, and with the NY media and fickle fan base, they'll be screaming for Tebow after Sanchez's 2nd INT (which will probably come by halftime in their first game).

And, like Night Train said, I want Tebow to be the QB based on how he played against the Bills last year, which was presumably a much worse D than what we'll have this year. It could be quite entertaining.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
                        We don't know that for sure. They went after the best QB on the market and got him. Who knows if they would have tried plan B. Elway has never been the biggest Tebow supporter.
                        We don't know what for sure? If Elway tried to replace Tebow with any QB available other than Manning, the Denver fans would have been up in arms calling for his head. And if Payton does not play well, I think there will still be many people in Denver upset about the loss of Tebow.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                          If you have two QB's, you have none.

I love the drama this is causing in NY, and with the NY media and fickle fan base, they'll be screaming for Tebow after Sanchez's 2nd INT (which will probably come by halftime in their first game).

And, like Night Train said, I want Tebow to be the QB based on how he played against the Bills last year, which was presumably a much worse D than what we'll have this year. It could be quite entertaining.
                          The Bills made a couple big plays that gave them the win, but I think people forget Tebow drove the Broncos the length of the field to score a TD both on the Broncos first posession & also to start the 2nd half.

Comment

• The King
                            Without me it's just Awe so
                            • Jun 2004

I think Denver felt like they were close to where they need to be to win a championship. And rather than wait for Tebow to develop they wanted someone who could step in and manage that offense right away. What they got is obviously better than anyone expected. But their defense carried the team last year so get yourself a mistake-limiting manager and you're in great shape.
                            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                            It was all
                            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by King Bedard View Post
                              I think Denver felt like they were close to where they need to be to win a championship. And rather than wait for Tebow to develop they wanted someone who could step in and manage that offense right away. What they got is obviously better than anyone expected. But their defense carried the team last year so get yourself a mistake-limiting manager and you're in great shape.
                              Except they let Brodrick Bunkley get away in FA & it does not look like they found a replacement for him & with Tebow gone so is the Broncos running game.

Comment

Working...
                              X