• Oct 2003

Shiancoe signs one year deal with the Pat's

Like they need anymore TE's.

www.blzbus.com
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Shiancoe signs one year deal with the Pat's

great- another TE for the Bills to not cover. I call it "The Ghost of Donte Whitner."
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mayotm
      • Jul 2003

I see this working out about as well as Ocho Cinco and Haynesworth did for them.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

They have like 12 TE's on the rosters.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mayotm View Post
          I see this working out about as well as Ocho Cinco and Haynesworth did for them.
          That's ok- they only have at least 2 more that can kill us.

It makes me nervous when Bellicheck does something like stockpiling TE's. Knowing him, he'll find some way to pass from a 3 TE set on 3rd and 12 and it will work.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• zone
            No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

It makes me nervous when Bellicheck does something like stockpiling TE's. Knowing him, he'll find some way to pass from a 3 TE set on 3rd and 12 and it will work.
            Yea exactly, looks like he is going to pull his own "wildcat" and have a two TE backfield with three TE split wide. lol
            www.blzbus.com

Comment

• mayotm
              • Jul 2003

Exactly, they already have two very good TE's. That's why I'm not concerned with them signing another one that won't get on the field much. There is this popular misconception that every move the Pats make is brilliant. When in fact, they've missed on a lot of free agents and draft picks. The main reason the Pats have been good for so long is Brady. Period.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Exactly, they already have two very good TE's. That's why I'm not concerned with them signing another one that won't get on the field much. There is this popular misconception that every move the Pats make is brilliant. When in fact, they've missed on a lot of free agents and draft picks. The main reason the Pats have been good for so long is Brady. Period.
                I agree they've had their share of misses, but I disagree on Brady. The reason they've been so good for so long is Bellicheck. He finds ways to maximize almost every players' strengths and put them in positions to win. Hell, they won 11 games with Matt ****ing Cassell and only lost the division title on tiebreakers.

Take Brady away from Bellicheck, and he's probably be average-slightly above average, but certainly wouldn't have the success or the numbers that he's had with Bellicheck.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mayotm
                  • Jul 2003

I agree they've had their share of misses, but I disagree on Brady. The reason they've been so good for so long is Bellicheck. He finds ways to maximize almost every players' strengths and put them in positions to win. Hell, they won 11 games with Matt ****ing Cassell and only lost the division title on tiebreakers.

Take Brady away from Bellicheck, and he's probably be average-slightly above average, but certainly wouldn't have the success or the numbers that he's had with Bellicheck.
                  Personally, I think that Cassel year was an anomaly, but obviously Bellicheck did a great job that season. Also, I certainly didn't mean to imply that Bellicheck isn't a great coach. However, I strongly disagree that Brady would only be average to slightly above average without Bellicheck. It's probably pointless to debate because we aren't likely ever going to see Brady without Bellicheck.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Personally, I think that Cassel year was an anomaly, but obviously Bellicheck did a great job that season. Also, I certainly didn't mean to imply that Bellicheck isn't a great coach. However, I strongly disagree that Brady would only be average to slightly above average without Bellicheck. It's probably pointless to debate because we aren't likely ever going to see Brady without Bellicheck.
                    Very true. The Pats will likely never let Brady go, and Bellicheck will probably just retire at the same time Brady does.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• PTI
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2011

Cassell is not horrible, only had a year with limited weapons, with 27 TDs, only 7 INTs, and a 93 QB rating, and the CHiefs won 10 games!!! If Cassell wasn't hurt I bet the CHiefs win that division last year. That division was up for grabs.
                      Last edited by PTI; 07-25-2012, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Meh. DB says we're sweeping them, we're sweeping them!!!!
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                          • Sep 2003

By the way, who plays WR? Do they even have any? Is the plan to throw under 5 yds per? I'm quivering.

PTR
                          10 Commandments of the D
                          1. Never stop Rocking.
                          2. Legalize all drugs.
                          3. Quit your day job.
                          4. All Religion should be taxed.
                          5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                          6. F**k her gently.
                          7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                          8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                          9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                          10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot View Post
                            By the way, who plays WR? Do they even have any? Is the plan to throw under 5 yds per? I'm quivering.

PTR
                            Um, first of all, 5 yards per still equals 15 yards per 3 downs- ie, more than 10 and a 1st down.

Second, have you watched what TE's have done to the Bills over the last 5 or 6 years, particularly the Pats' TE's? Just because a pass goes to a TE doesn't mean it's only 5 yards, particularly with the more athletic TE's that many teams have nowadays. This isn't the 1970's or 80's anymore: TE's are more than just 250 lb offensive linemen who occasionally catch a pass to fool the D. They're basically giant WR's who are occasionally asked to block.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Um, first of all, 5 yards per still equals 15 yards per 3 downs- ie, more than 10 and a 1st down.

Second, have you watched what TE's have done to the Bills over the last 5 or 6 years, particularly the Pats' TE's? Just because a pass goes to a TE doesn't mean it's only 5 yards, particularly with the more athletic TE's that many teams have nowadays. This isn't the 1970's or 80's anymore: TE's are more than just 250 lb offensive linemen who occasionally catch a pass to fool the D. They're basically giant WR's who are occasionally asked to block.
                              The point is there is only one football. For every pass thrown to Shiancoe or another mediocre TE the Pats* just signed, that is one less pass for Gronk, Hernandez, Welker to catch & make a big play.

Comment

Working...
                              X